Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's losing the room, that's why I said that. You can't build winning culture until you win. I'm not defending Dareus, he's an absolute idiot.

When you have not one single game in the NFL - you walk a thin line being 100% hard a$$. You didn't keep it in house, you sent him home, to make a statement. If you lose the players will turn on you hard and it'll be over quick.

I think his lack of experience could cost him huge if he doesn't win. Right now we look terrible, except the run and he just made a fool out of one of our best run stoppers. I'm not saying he didn't deserve punishment but Sean, IMO, created a controversy he may soon live or die with. I'd rather he eased into the culture turnaround to be honest. I think it gives him the best chance to keep the team together. I'd rather one of my best players be late for a meeting than all these penalties.

Stop with the Belichick comparison. If you don't have his clout, no, you can't do the same things he does.

You have zero substance behind your "he's losing the room" comment.

ZERO.

I didn't read the entire thread so forgive me if I ask a question that's been asked already. But if the Bills travel to the opponents stadium by bus when on the road, how was Dareus late arriving? Did he miss the bus from the hotel?

I've asked a few times and think we don't know what happened

He obviously missed the team bus, but how/why is unknown.

Surprised none of you have set his lawn on fire drawn penises on his lawn. The outrage is insane around here :lol:

fixed

@salsports

Late to the game (must have missed bus). Most of those players knew he was late, but didn't know he was then sent home.

was he walking to the stadium or was he watching cartoons Edited by Helpmenow

i have no issue with the rule. I think the punishment should be something that actually bothers him.

I believe Beane or McD were asked if there was going to be further punishment and they said they were going to meet after the game to discuss it. And it would be kept internally within the team. So, we don't know what his punishment will actually be. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think he's losing the room, that's why I said that. You can't build winning culture until you win. I'm not defending Dareus, he's an absolute idiot.

When you have not one single game in the NFL - you walk a thin line being 100% hard a$$. You didn't keep it in house, you sent him home, to make a statement. If you lose the players will turn on you hard and it'll be over quick.

I think his lack of experience could cost him huge if he doesn't win. Right now we look terrible, except the run and he just made a fool out of one of our best run stoppers. I'm not saying he didn't deserve punishment but Sean, IMO, created a controversy he may soon live or die with. I'd rather he eased into the culture turnaround to be honest. I think it gives him the best chance to keep the team together. I'd rather one of my best players be late for a meeting than all these penalties.

Stop with the Belichick comparison. If you don't have his clout, no, you can't do the same things he does.

I strongly disagree.

When I was a young army officer, I was taught, "You can come in like a lion and leave as a sheep. But if you enter as a sheep, you'll never be a lion."

As a guy who builds teams for a living (albeit in a very different profession), I passionately believe you have to be clear about your expectations from the very beginning. There has to be strong accountability that doesn't play favorites.

Accountability comes from the word 'count.' You count up the good or bad someone does and reward/punish them in measure. Holding people accountable isn't being a hard a$$. It's just being both smart and strong. Most people want to be on a high-performing team rather than in a loosey-goosey Rex Ryan environment that produces losing.

McD's commitment to accountability won't just create a better team, it has a very good chance of making Dareus a better player.

I strongly disagree.

When I was a young army officer, I was taught, "You can come in like a lion and leave as a sheep. But if you enter as a sheep, you'll never be a lion."

As a guy who builds teams for a living (albeit in a very different profession), I passionately believe you have to be clear about your expectations from the very beginning. There has to be strong accountability that doesn't play favorites.

Accountability comes from the word 'count.' You count up the good or bad someone does and reward/punish them in measure. Holding people accountable isn't being a hard a$$. It's just being both smart and strong. Most people want to be on a high-performing team rather than in a loosey-goosey Rex Ryan environment that produces losing.

McD's commitment to accountability won't just create a better team, it has a very good chance of making Dareus a better player.

completely agree. Adam Gase took same approach last year. Ajayi has attitude and not a team player? Stay home for week 1. Starting OLinemen play poorly? Cut. Mario not putting in effort? Benched. All early in regular season. Their season turned around right quick after about week 5. But it doesn't happen overnight. Edited by YoloinOhio

That would be the most likely occurrence

maybe just a coincidence but it was also in Baltimore that Hughes and Zach Brown missed the team bus and took Uber to the game week 1 last year. Of course they also only missed the first bus and didn't want to wait for the 2nd. Looks like they only had one this year if everyone else was already there when he got there.

...he's WIDE awake....has a six year, $96 mil paid vacation and you're stuck with him due to cap hit(s).....he knows it and is in a perfect position....Fat Albert Haynesworth flashbacks....

he didn't create the contract. it was whaley who put them in the financial bind. as for comparing him to haynesworth. that's a pretty poor comparison. he was late to the game, he was disaplined for it. when he is out there on the field he is a beast and force to recon with.

he didn't create the contract. it was whaley who put them in the financial bind. as for comparing him to haynesworth. that's a pretty poor comparison. he was late to the game, he was disaplined for it. when he is out there on the field he is a beast and force to recon with.

Well to be fair how would everyone have felt if Dareus walked? Someone would have paid him.