Hurricane Thread --

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HARVEY_TRUMP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-08-31-15-53-09

Kevin Hart and The Rock had some campaign going where celebrities would donate vast sums to relief

Trump should try launching a similar campaign to encourage politicians to donate money not from the public till but from their own pockets. Maybe Hiliary can donate some of the proceeds of her upcoming book tour to Harvey relief. Obama can channel some of his $400k speaking fees to bottle up the water upon which he walks. Pelosi should be able to spare some cash from her husband's minimum wage exempt business interests

all their money is from the public till

Thank you so much for your donation. We plan to put it to excellent use.

Sincerely,

Trump/Pence 2020

You Dems really need to just lay low for a while. We appreciate your ability to take every situation and make it worse with your embarrassing partisan comments -- and you'll have plenty of time to continue the embarrassments in due time-- but can you at least wait until we're done watching images of old people being rescued on jet skis before you whine about superficial crap like this and stiletto heels?

The only thing that could be more tone deaf would be using the disaster to sell hats.....

So basically you can't refute the argument and are resorting to attacking his character.

I cannot refute the argument. But it is true they are better people.

Edit: Clinton foundation was a head of the curve (storm) in helping Houston

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/our-work/clinton-health-matters-initiative/programs/greater-houston

How much of a personal contribution have Obama, either Clinton, Pelosi, Warren, Sanders, Biden, Cuomo, or McAuliffe pledged?

Leo gave a million pry feeling for people swimming for their life after a disaster. Sandra Bullock gave two million. Bob McNair, Jerry Jones, Arthur Blake, Bob Kraft, Woody Johnson, the Ford family, and the Titans controlling owner all donated a million dollars under JJ Watt's relief initiative.

I cannot refute the argument. But it is true they are better people.

Edit: Clinton foundation was a head of the curve (storm) in helping Houston

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/our-work/clinton-health-matters-initiative/programs/greater-houston

Trump does something commendable yet you can't bring yourself to admit it. So you resort to name calling. and I find it humorous that the common thread for your list of 'good' humans is their partisan affiliation.

And re Clinton Foundation, again it's easier for Leftists to pledge other people's money or institutional funds than for a Leftist to dig into their own pockets

Edited by /dev/null

The President pledges a million dollars.....would be better if his Wife wore more appropriate shoes though

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/31/trump-pledges-one-million-dollars-to-harvey-relief-white-house-says.html

I am not interested in her shoes. But since victims of Hurricane Sandy are still waiting for the $1m Trump pledged for THEM, the Harvey folks might to better to take those shoes, put 'em up on eBay and use the proceeds to buy a small inflatable boat.

I am not interested in her shoes. But since victims of Hurricane Sandy are still waiting for the $1m Trump pledged for THEM, the Harvey folks might to better to take those shoes, put 'em up on eBay and use the proceeds to buy a small inflatable boat.

Is it "ready aim fire" or "ready fire aim?"

They're still waiting for EVERYTHING that's been both pledged and promised, whether from Trump, celebrities, JJ Watt, churches, etc, etc, etc. For someone who doesn't care about the first lady's shoes, you sure have opinions to share on the subject.

Do you really need to use this tragedy to talk smack about a president we already know you don't like?

That story is single-sourced to Jabba the Governor...who denied the story, saying he was confused or misunderstood or some such. Which means he either lied about Trump's pledge, or lied about telling about Trump's pledge...which means, either way, you're referencing a liar.

Good luck with that.