Looks Like DeShone Kizer is Going to Be the Browns Starter

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Browns

QB DeShone Kizer will start our 3rd preseason game vs. Tampa Bay Details » http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/DeShone-Kizer-to-start-3rd-preseason-game-vs-Tampa-Bay/97a2ce2a-33e8-4325-a128-50f4e338255a

DH6ktS8XYAAu8i5.jpg

Don't the Browns know you can't evaluate a rookie QB during preseason? What are they thinking???

Even his coach at Notre Dame said he wasn't going to be ready to play in the NFL for a year or two...setting the man up to be like EJ

I wouldn't...this is a 4 win team max this year...they had D III level talent last year...gonna take a while before they become anything but bottom feeders...same for the Jets this year

That was sour grapes from Kelly and has put him on the hotseat in Southbend. The overall talent on that team was pretty poor. If Kizer plays decent. Nothing spectacular from the qb position and they are 7-9.

That was sour grapes from Kelly and has put him on the hotseat in Southbend. The overall talent on that team was pretty poor. If Kizer plays decent. Nothing spectacular from the qb position and they are 7-9.

If Kizer plays lights out maybe they are 7-9...that is still one bad football team.

they already have 12 picks and 5 in the first 2 rounds. If Kizer is the real deal, they will dominate for years to come. Under any circumstances, I don't see them going for a QB in 2018.

dominate unless they keep drafting like they have for the last bunch of years. They have had tons of early picks and blown them all pretty much

...Haslam is the Brown's equivalent to the Deadskins' Dan Snyder...that should clear EVERYTHING up for you.............

Yeah, take that! You Browns fans better enjoy it. You'll probably only have, like, 4 playoff appearances in the next 11 years, just like little Dan Snyder. At least here we're building a TEAM, not some kind of joke that enjoys playoff games in 36% of their seasons. I'd rather wait 17 years and get it right!

How many qbs have the browns taken over the years in the first? I won't hold my breath on kizer. How many times have they had two firsts and other picks? They have had a plethora of picks and in theory should have 3 rings by now. We must learn from their mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many qbs have the browns taken over the years in the first? I won't hold my breath on kizer. How many times have they had two firsts and other picks? They have had a plethora of picks and in theory should have 3 rings by now. We must learn from their mistakes. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or perhaps the Browns are learning from the Bills mistakes? That is, deciding it's time to get out of 6-10 hell, even if it means going 1-15 first?

How many qbs have the browns taken over the years in the first? I won't hold my breath on kizer. How many times have they had two firsts and other picks? They have had a plethora of picks and in theory should have 3 rings by now. We must learn from their mistakes. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or perhaps the Browns are learning from the Bills mistakes? That is, deciding it's time to get out of 6-10 hell, even if it means going 1-15 first?

They were last last year did they get the qb there?

I wanted Kizer in the second round. I would have taken him over Jones. They probably get Kizer and Jones in the third. Could have found another RT option later.

Still like the trade down and White pick. But when Kizer fell to day 2 they should have taken him.

I don't really see any way Jones fell to the 3rd round. It was reported that Carolina was high on him (among other teams), which is rumored to be why the Bills traded up in front of Carolina in the 2nd to get him.

Every draft projection I seen showed him as a late 1st or 2nd round pick. If you think Kizer should have been the pick over Jones I can understand that. But I don't see any reason to assume Jones would have been there in the 3rd.

I don't really see any way Jones fell to the 3rd round. It was reported that Carolina was high on him (among other teams), which is rumored to be why the Bills traded up in front of Carolina in the 2nd to get him.

Every draft projection I seen showed him as a late 1st or 2nd round pick. If you think Kizer should have been the pick over Jones I can understand that. But I don't see any reason to assume Jones would have been there in the 3rd.

I won't disagree that Jones would have been gone by round three. I would still take White, Kizer, and the 91st pick over White and Jones. And so far I really like Jones.

I wanted Kizer in the second round. I would have taken him over Jones. They probably get Kizer and Jones in the third. Could have found another RT option later.

Still like the trade down and White pick. But when Kizer fell to day 2 they should have taken him.

What player that is on the bills now from the 2nd round do you NOT want to be there? Because Zay Jones wasnt going to last till the 3rd

I won't disagree that Jones would have been gone by round three. I would still take White, Kizer, and the 91st pick over White and Jones. And so far I really like Jones.

That's fair.

I can see why people like Kizer for sure, and in the 2nd he would have been a decent gamble to take.

I'm pretty high on Zay Jones myself, so I am happy with that pick. Definitely interested to see what Kizer turns into though.

Kizer was taken in the second.

Kizer was taken in the second.

My point is that getting to the bottom doesn't always get you the qb. The browns got to the bottom and still may not have the qb.

Out of the 2016 draft they got the following:

- #1 WR

- #3 WR

- #4 WR

- starting RT

- #2 TE

- backup QB

- starting DE

- rotational DE/DT

- starting MLB

- starting SLB via trade

- starting CB via trade

- starting S

- plus additional picks in the 2017 and 2018 drafts, one of which was used to take Kizer and another Peppers

That's great. But how many are actually any good? Or did they just find their place on the depth chart due to circumstances of a bad roster to begin with. At this point we don't know the answer to that question. All we know is they have a lot of young players on the roster and that they were a really bad team last year. Where they go from here we don't know yet.

I think they are smart.

Why waste any more time of Osweiler or Kessler? Neither one of those guys are Playoff QBs.

The risk is falling in love with Kizer and passing on a top QB in the next draft because of that love. Then the next two seasons Kizer fizzles out. It's a lot easier for a rookie QB to look good when you chalk up the mistakes made during the season to being a rookie and projecting future improvement.

If they start Oz or Kessler it's very unlikely either of those guys performs at a level high enough to keep them from drafting a QB next year.