I love me some Joe Banyard.

NewEra

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banyard had 95 yds rushing in 4 seasons http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7813/joe-banyard

J Will had 94 yds rushing last season

I don't understand replacing him with a older player

Maybe they liked Banyard speed over Jwill's, maybe they liked that he is a better receiving back, maybe they didnt think he was that much of a dropoff.

They are both JAG's. There isn't much of a dropoff if any. Let's not forget that while shady and Gillislee were both ripping it up last year at over 5 ypc, jwill was at 3.5

Maybe they liked Banyard speed over Jwill's, maybe they liked that he is a better receiving back, maybe they didnt think he was that much of a dropoff.

They are both JAG's. There isn't much of a dropoff if any. Let's not forget that while shady and Gillislee were both ripping it up last year at over 5 ypc, jwill was at 3.5

Very true. Jwill just does not seem to have much burst. Not as surprised as some that he was cut.

How is Mike Tolbert still on the roster other than because he played for the Panthers? Must be the new "Bills way" is to have old overweight never-was guys. Tolbert has never been anything special and he is carrying 15 lbs of extra weight in his gut. I hope that isn't the example that they want to set.

Baffling...

Are you trying to say Jon Williams NFL's body of work is more than Tolbert?

Are you trying to say Jon Williams NFL's body of work is more than Tolbert?

some seem oddly attached to players drafted the late rounds who have never done anything for the Bills (or any team). While I understand the unknown means they might have potential, there is zero actual evidence that them not being here hurts the team in any way. Specifically Seymour and Jwill.

I blame this thread for keeping Banyard and letting go Jwill.

Yay. Glad I don't have to see jWills hair anymore. Jwill is just another guy folks. Yes, it's shocking that he was cut, as he was the #2 rb, but he's not all that.

some seem oddly attached to players drafted the late rounds who have never done anything for the Bills (or any team). While I understand the unknown means they might have potential, there is zero actual evidence that them not being here hurts the team in any way. Specifically Seymour and Jwill.

It's hope for the future and that spent draft capital will pay off ( the life of a Bills fan during the drought) . We know most of a teams good players and role p,ayers need to come from the draft. Every one that goes means more future capital must be spent. Anyone think Banyard could be the Bills #1back in a couple years? I don't. J will fell in the draft due to an injury , not lack of skill. It just boils down to after 17 years , some of us fans don't feel like waiting for what seem s like a 5 year project now. You only get so many draft picks a year. Teams get good faster than this, it seems the new management team wants to go grocery shopping with a looooong list and an empty refrigerator.

It took gillislee YEARS to find his way in the league.

Williams was coming off a HORRIBLE FOOT INJURY. Last year was a redshirt pretty much.

Williams was primed for 600 yards 5.0ypc and taking over gillislees spot from last year. It's why they didn't care about him leaving.

I'd be willing to say Williams would've been a better back than gillislee here. He has way more power and he still has good burst. Williams is a fantastic runner. Put on the preseason tape or his Arkansas tape

It took gillislee YEARS to find his way in the league.

Williams was coming off a HORRIBLE FOOT INJURY. Last year was a redshirt pretty much.

Williams was primed for 600 yards 5.0ypc and taking over gillislees spot from last year. It's why they didn't care about him leaving.

I'd be willing to say Williams would've been a better back than gillislee here. He has way more power and he still has good burst. Williams is a fantastic runner. Put on the preseason tape or his Arkansas tape

You should have told the Bills.

💯