WRs who makes it?

GunnerBill

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Zay. He needs to work more on body control and keeping feet in bounds to take it to the next level

He made the tougher of the two catches. He was literally millimeters from a touchdown on the second 1.

Yes, PS.

Hope we don't have to use more than one of those high picks next year on wide outs. What's the free agent crop look like?

Fairly bleek. The wrs in Watkins class all had the 5th year options picked up.

He made the tougher of the two catches. He was literally millimeters from a touchdown on the second 1.

Fairly bleek. The wrs in Watkins class all had the 5th year options picked up.

Wrong. Most have but there are still some pretty big names available. Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson and Devante Adams are entering contract years. Not to mention, so is Dendre

Hopkins.

Some decent talent here, but this is why they won't get a big name receiver in 2018 FA.

Odell Beckham

Mike Evans

Kelvin Benjamin

Brandon Cooks

What do those four receivers have in common? As you said, their team's picked up the

5th year option. But most, if not all, of these guys will re-up with a long term deal next offseason IMO. This will continue to drive the price of the receiver upward and teams must continue to shell out big money, even for above average talent.

Anyone think McDermott or Beane is willing to break the bank on anybody at this point? Me neither.

Wrong. Most have but there are still some pretty big names available. Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson and Devante Adams are entering contract years. Not to mention, so is Dendre

Hopkins.

Some decent talent here, but this is why they won't get a big name receiver in 2018 FA.

Odell Beckham

Mike Evans

Kelvin Benjamin

Brandon Cooks

What do those four receivers have in common? As you said, their team's picked up the

5th year option. But most, if not all, of these guys will re-up with a long term deal next offseason IMO. This will continue to drive the price of the receiver upward and teams must continue to shell out big money, even for above average talent.

Anyone think McDermott or Beane is willing to break the bank on anybody at this point? Me neither.

Only 1st round picks have a 5th year option as part of their rookie deals.

Hopkins.

Odell Beckham

Mike Evans

Kelvin Benjamin

Brandon Cooks

I don't reckon the Panthers will re-up on Benjamin. I think they let him play the 5th year option then walk.

Jordan Matthews

Zay Jones

Andre Holmes

Brandon Tate - ST

Dez Lewis - ST

Daikiel Shorts

Walt Powell - kept due to suspension

Rod Streeter - IR Desig to return

Brandon Reilly - PS

I'd swap Reilly & Shorts

I kinda think you know what if we are not expecting to be good then keep Reilly AND Shorts. See what they have. You might find a diamond in the rough in one of them. What is the point if you are not gonna compete for the playoffs either way in a Philly Brown? Keep the two young guys and see what they got.