WRs who makes it?

GunnerBill

Here is the current Bills Wide Receiver roster:

Wide receivers

All you have to do is call it now.... on the basis they do not add anyone else how many do you see them keeping and who will they be?

My guess:

Jones

Matthews

Holmes

Brown

Tate

Reilly as a wildcard

*Streater to IR.

I'm going to presume it's not a big injury to Streater and go:

Matthews

Z. Jones

Streater

C. "P." Brown

Tate

Shorts (although i could see them going with five and keeping extra players from rb/fb/te pool)

Edited by thurst44

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we could re-sign j Matthews to reasonable contract, zay jones pans out, and we draft a wr high next year we could have decent core.

That being said I'd rather go young at wr. I'd like to see shorts and Reilly make the team. We know what Holmes and philly bring to the table. Let's evaluate the unknown

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

I'll change it up a bit and go with:

Zay Jones

Jordan Matthews

Rod Streater

Dez Lewis

Walt Powell

Brandon Tate

May need to consider Holmes until the injuries get sorted out.

First to be send packing - Brown.

Go Bills!!!!!

Powell has a four game suspension to serve.

The loss of boldin and the injury to Streeter and matthews give the best chance to brown. He is fast enough to play outside but imo will take over the slot. Reily, Lewis, and shorts all have a shot. Streeter seemed like a lock now probably IR and waived. The last 2 games will decide the last spot.

If Streater is healthy before week 1 imo the wr will be:

1. Jones

2. Matthews

3. Brown

4. Streater

5. Tate

6. Rielly

Here is the current Bills Wide Receiver roster:

Wide receivers

All you have to do is call it now.... on the basis they do not add anyone else how many do you see them keeping and who will they be?

My guess:

Jones

Matthews

Holmes

Brown

Tate

Reilly as a wildcard

*Streater to IR.

Zay, Jordan, Andre, Streater, Brown, Tate.

I have not heard anything suggesting Streater to IR...sounds like its not that serious from what I have read unless I missed something.

I like the following:

1. Z. Jones - I think it's our #1 receiver. I liked his college tape, liked what he's done so far in the preseason games. Kid's good.

2. J. Matthews - Plenty of experience and body of work; still young; hopefully no lingering injury issues

3. R. Streater - *If not on IR; He's proven a reliable receiver. I think, so far, he's been ahead of Holmes with his catches.

4. A. Holmes - Based solely on his previous work, he should be higher. But, he hasn't impressed yet at camp or in games. But, he's capable.

5. B. Tate - Not great, but fairly reliable.

6. D. Shorts - I think the kids a gamer and will be an asset right when we need it

7. Dez Lewis - Make or break time. Show-up in a game, red-zone especially, and he stays. Got the physical size/skills to be helpful here.

I'm not understanding the love for Brown...Am I missing something?...I haven't seen much of him at all, please fill me in on why he makes the team...not sarcasm, real question

I agree, seeing him in practice and in the preseason games, he really hasn't stood out.

1. Jones
2. Matthews
3. Streater

4. Brown
5. Tate
6. Rielly

Bad part is two of these guys are injured as of today.

Holmes is worth losing for a 3rd, and his hands are an issue.

This list is clearly better than what played on the field last season, btw.

Edited by BobChalmers

I'm not understanding the love for Brown...Am I missing something?...I haven't seen much of him at all, please fill me in on why he makes the team...not sarcasm, real question

Yeah, I'm not seeing what the big deal is about him. I know because he was with Carolina that he has familiarity with the coaches.

Aside from that, I don't see anything special. I'd rather keep Holmes over him and give Brandon Reilly a shot.