REAL Trade Proposal - Jerry Hughes

Domdab99

Hughes is a terrible idea given his production and not that expensive for a DE. He's perfect for this system. Now the article on trading Ragland to a 3-4 system in KC, but I would want at least a 4th, and a player worthwhile who would fit in our system. LB, DB, WR comes to mind.

That would be three players in the system, and next year we would have two 1's, 2's, 3's, and 4's. That would be excellent.

Hughes is one of the bright spots on the dline, despite his flaws. He's could be huge in this defense and is our featured pass rusher. His contract is reasonable, and he has alot of football left in him.

....seems more comfortable so far being back in 4-3.....maybe an attitude change follows and dumb penalties go away................

....seems more comfortable so far being back in 4-3.....maybe an attitude change follows and dumb penalties go away................

Yeah, I think we'll see more of that persistent pass rush from him that we saw with Schwartz. I think he knows he has one more decent sized contract left in him in the coming years, and will play through a down season by the Bills.

I expect 10 sacks from him, moreso than anyone else on our line, Dareus included.

LMAO...so let me get this straight...because you don't think we will make the playoffs this year, we should get rid of our best players? How in the hell do you plan to ever make the playoffs if we just keep getting rid of our talent? NEWS FLASH...all kinds of people here want CUT our 2nd round draft pick from last year before he has even taken an NFL snap...yet you value 2nd round picks over high quality DE's.

What is with people here who completely lack any vision past the present? You guys all wine non stop about needing more talent...then you wine to trade away all our talent everytime you think we won't win anything that year.

Best part, everyone seems to think draft picks are full of magic dust that having them means you will hit big on every pick. MOST draft picks either become marginal to average players or BUST. Very low percentage of draft picks go on to be quality starting players and an even lower go on to be of the caliber of Hughes or Watkins. Go through any draft and count the number of good to great players and its a tiny fraction. If you get a a couple starters and one pro bowler, thats a BIG success, yet its also not very easy to do.

I completely agree with you regarding picks....we seem to expect that every pick will become a pro bowler.....But, it's because it's pretty much the only thing left for Bills fans to hold on to....with picks, at least, we have hope.....I'm sure most realize deep down that not all of them will end up being productive, but there's chance they will...

ragland tyrod and a 4th for Alex smith

That's so gross. You're joking, I'm sure...?

This proposal is grounds for immediate dismissal from this site, from Bills fandom and from the Akashic Records.

Never dismiss the Akashic records. That's real stuff!😉

Ryan Davis has been a solid performer in the league, or at the least a great depth player. He had 10 sacks over 2014-15.

That said, I'd rather not trade Hughes.

Davis is one of the guys needed to be cut so Bills get a 3rd round comp pick. So he is a key piece to the rebuild by being cut.

Davis is a depth player. So instead of losing your best defender pass rusher in Hughes for likely a 4th or 5th round pick and maybe another depth player like Davis. Just cut Davis get a 3rd and keep Hughes who has a pro Bowl season about to happen.

Then resign Davis a week later if you want. Same with any of the other cuts needed to get that 3rd round comp pick.

Edited by cba fan

Not any of this ridiculous "trade Tyrod" crap.

My trade?

Jerry Hughes for a No. 2 and a body at WR or CB.

With Shaq and Yarbrough coming on, lets skew young and get rid of a guy who really didn't perform that great the last two years...granted, it was because of Rex's **** scheme, but it's still worthwhile to get something for him.

I like Jerry...but we really don't need him.

that would keep in the pattern of Beane trading away our best talent.

My trade?

With Shaq and Yarbrough coming on, lets skew young and get rid of a guy who really didn't perform that great the last two years...granted, it was because of Rex's **** scheme, but it's still worthwhile to get something for him.

This is a solid idea. Why do NFL teams waste their resources on the small stuff like blocking and pass rush? I think that the Bills should line up 6 or 7 defensive backs on defense AND offense. It's an idea whose time has come.

Great post, thanks!!!

but i'm too lazy to go scout every team...who needs a good DE?

Nobody. They are a waste of a roster spot.

Assuming Gaines and Matthews are as advertised our depth at WR and CB should be fine. If we are going to move a player it should be Ragland. Trade Reggie for another former 1st/2nd round pick on another team who also is finding themselves third on the depth chart. That is how we landed Hughes in the first place.

My trade?

We don't need our best edge rusher. Okkkkkkkkkkk

No, you don't want that trade. Jerry will be a bright light in our defense. He is made for the 4-3. He gets up to speed and he will be a monster!

How about trading Cordy? If his foot is better we might be able to get a good trade for him?

You must be an NFL ready starting LT to propose such an idea. Either that or you want Bills' QBs to get killed this season.

Yeah, I think we'll see more of that persistent pass rush from him that we saw with Schwartz. I think he knows he has one more decent sized contract left in him in the coming years, and will play through a down season by the Bills.

I expect 10 sacks from him, moreso than anyone else on our line, Dareus included.

...the "trade 'em,the grass MUST be greener out there" gang are a laughable bunch....may explain why they're posters versus NFL execs...OMG, wadda thought............

Not either one but he may not play very much before the injury pops up again. So we trade him and get a healthy LT AND maybe wr?

He's expected to be ready for week 1 according to McDermott and if there's any question with regard to his health, he wouldn't yield any kind of return given his contract.