How has Ragland looked?

billsgpr88

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet Rex called him the best player on the team. It;s imply amazing that one NFL head coach could rank a guy #1 while another ranks the same guy somewhere in the 50s.

i can understand the issue with different systems, but this is getting ridiculous. Another high pick that doesn't fit our current system. This is why we constantly stink.

i can understand the issue with different systems, but this is getting ridiculous. Another high pick that doesn't fit our current system. This is why we constantly stink.

In the case of the OLine I get it. It reminds me of Rex crashing and burning our defense. Dumb Dennison with the square pegs routine.

In the case of Ragland I don't think we can expect McD to be able to use him. He is a fit for the SEC or the '68 Bears. The Ragland problem was Rex, not Whaley and not McD. I don't even blame Ragland who I'm 100% certain is trying and seems to be a great kid.

I hear ya. I agree that some players are better suited for certain systems, but at some point either you have talent or you don't. There shouldn't be that big of a discrepancy from one system to another.

He has a lot of value still. He's very instinctive, his read/react skills are great and he's quicker than people give him credit for. When they talk about him they always seem to find a way to mention the knee so perhaps it was quite the catastrophic injury and they're really just taking their time in acclimating him to the level of play in the NFL.

At this time, he's playing in a scheme he has little experience with, however, Preston Brown is in a contract year. And as impressed as they have been with him, I do wonder if he'll want to test the waters in FA. So, I wonder if Ragland is their contingency plan. Keep him on as a depth player this year, coach him up, let him really learn the system, maybe have him work towards dropping a little bit of weight to get faster and then plug him in as their starting MLB next season should Brown leave. Just a theory.

Lot of people say he's on the trading block but given how thin they are at any position I don't think they should trade him. He's an unknown commodity right now so what's his value? Maybe a 4th round pick at best? He doesn't have any real NFL experience yet. I'd hang onto him and keep developing him because there's definitely talent there and maybe they just wanna take their time with him.

I love how all of those of us who have been critical of this guy, his abilities since day 1 and overall just don't see it have been told we are premature to judge him, we are being impatient, etc.

We are being called out as negative nancys.

Hey, so, look at who looks like they're right?

Sorry, Ragland fans. This is the end.

I love how all of those of us who have been critical of this guy, his abilities since day 1 and overall just don't see it have been told we are premature to judge him, we are being impatient, etc.

We are being called out as negative nancys.

Hey, so, look at who looks like they're right?

Sorry, Ragland fans. This is the end.

Or for the 17th straight season, we have crappy management.