How has Ragland looked?

billsgpr88

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know Reggie Ragland is not a great fit for the 4-3. He is not great in passing downs and cannot really chase down people all over the field. That is why he is practicing with the thrid unit. I still think it is best to trade him to a defense that uses a 3-4 and get an offensive lineman or WR in return. That said, if such a trade does not happen, I have been wondering how best can the defense use his special talents this year.

Based on the preseason games (this year and last), he might be the surest tackler we have. Additionally, he does appear to have a nose for the ball in run defense. Does anyone remember a 3rd and short in one of the recent preseason games, where he brought down the RB short of the first down with a solo tackle? I feel he will be great in Red Zone packages. With a shortened field, his chasing deficiencies will be masked. I also feel he will be useful on first and second downs against power RBs, who run north south. Some such guys who we will face this season are - Marshawn Lynch, Mark Ingram, Adrian Peterson (though he can dance as well), Cam Newton (yeah the guy can run as well), Andre Williams & Spencer Ware.

I'm curious, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but where was Jerry Hughes on the Colts' depth chart when Buffalo traded for him?

I believe he was second string. If someone wants to trade for Ragland great. If I was a GM though I'd just wait till he gets cut.

I hope the light comes on and he stays. Seems like a good young man who got a tough break with the ACL

I believe he was second string. If someone wants to trade for Ragland great. If I was a GM though I'd just wait till he gets cut.

I hope the light comes on and he stays. Seems like a good young man who got a tough break with the ACL

Yes coming back from the ACL, but also learning a new scheme that he MAY not be a great fit for. Ragland's not getting released this season, man. There is too much value there.