Can we talk about the OL?

Thurmal34

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The offense may be this years 2016 version of the defense.... But the running game still looks good.

Not a fan of the timing offense with Tyrod at QB. Last years offensive design was perfect for him. And the awful Watkins trade.

I expect the offense to take a big drop off this year.

5 to 6 wins.

TT Sucks as a starter, we weren't ever getting to, or winning, a superbowl with him. Watkins wasn't worth the money he will demand, can't stay on the field and didn't bust his ass in rehab, hell even he says he isn't in shape.

Past time to move on from both of these, thankfully we got rid of one.

The Bills are back to the bad old days when their O-line couldn't block anyone. We all love to mock Whaley but his pro scouts found good players off the street. I'm still waiting to see if Beane's crew can do as well. Tearing a team down is the easy part.

I don't believe, like everyone else, that they are stock piling picks to use them to get a QB. I truly believe they intend to spend next years draft moving around to pick up multiple talented players, probably a WR, some linemen, and whatever the best QB they can get without giving up everything for them. Chances are they assess where they end up and whos ahead of them, then either attempt to move up a little bit with an extra pick or 2, or possibly use some of the picks to trade for someone. They know they have other areas to address and I think thats the plan, to upgrade a few spots in the next draft after assessing this years talent after a season of running their schemes

I agree. You can't get a rookie QB with nothing around him. Most 1st year QB's who succeed have a talented core around them. (Big Ben, Winston, Rodgers when he took over, etc.). Put a better core around the QB and Peterman could be an Alex Smith level starter or better (playoffs), then move up in 18 and perhaps grab Rosen if he stays another year.

Draft time I said oline was the right move. QBs not available, rebuild like the Cowboys, get the best oline in football, then you can drop anyone who makes plays behind center.

>NOOOOOO!!!!!! Only skilled players are taken in the first round.

The Bills cut Gilmore, and draft his replacement.
>MUH THIS!!!

TT Sucks as a starter, we weren't ever getting to, or winning, a superbowl with him. Watkins wasn't worth the money he will demand, can't stay on the field and didn't bust his ass in rehab, hell even he says he isn't in shape.

Good fact based commentary here. Well done.

Any QB would suck behind that O-line. Pass protection just wasn't there. He was under heavy pressure the entire time he was in there

I'm watching the game right now on NFLN, I'm noticing the Eagles using RB's in pass protection (had a nice stuff on Lawson), but I haven't the Bills offense do this so far. Also, with pass protection being as bad as it is, there's no way Taylor should be lining up directly under center and taking seven step drops. He either needs to take three step drops or be in shotgun as the right side of the O-line can't hold up their end. I'm hoping Dennison is staying vanilla for the preseason and he doesn't want to show much, but if this continues into the regular season, the Bills are in big trouble.

Without Glenn or Kujo at LT this OL is a disaster. They will get Taylor injured before long.

Put Miller in at RG , Mills at RT and Dawkins every snap at LT until Glenn is ok.

Get Vlad the heck out of there. Let Taylor go back to what he does best, scramble not timing plays.

I'm not impressed with Rick Dennison and Juan Castillo to say the least.

Edited by ALF

Draft time I said oline was the right move. QBs not available, rebuild like the Cowboys, get the best oline in football, then you can drop anyone who makes plays behind center.

>NOOOOOO!!!!!! Only skilled players are taken in the first round.

The Bills cut Gilmore, and draft his replacement.

>MUH THIS!!!

Agreed. Build this offense from the line out. Skill players can't do :censored: without the line doing their part, and this line can't protect an ant from my shoe

Edited by BmarvB

Thin at starter, thin at backup. E Wood expires when, at the end of this year? Incognito old, Cordy's health an unknown. What is the plan for improving this group?

There is no plan. For all the yapping by fans about the organization turning over a new leaf, the reality is that it continues to do what it's been doing for fifteen pus years:refusing to accept the importance of the OL. The only improvement in dealing with the OL since the Jauron era is that the Bills have actually drafted some OLers in the higher rounds rather than relying on Day 3 scrubs, UDFAs, and assorted bottom feeders they could claim off waivers which is pretty much what they did prior to 2009. Of course, if they didn't keep creating holes elsewhere on the team by allowing talented starters to leave, they might have more picks to invest in the OL.

Edited by SoTier