Rosen may not enter 18' draft and that is ok

KellyToughII

How about Cam Newton going to a crap organization in a crappy, small-market town? He didn't make a peep.

Newton wasn't even a first round lock until the postseason evaluations........but he is also a southern kid and he had character concerns..........that was by no means a square-peg fit for him(though the Panthers have pretty much worn him out).

JOSH ROSEN.......to BUFFALO? Um not likely unless he suffers a pretty big humbling the next couple years.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly was a real angel off the field.

People love mentioning this. Simply put, it was a different era. The world is a different place than the one Kelly played in. Social media and the internet have changed the world. Ones actions are now broadcast to the world instantly. Behavior that once flew under the radar is now public knowledge, this creates distractions that wouldn't have existed otherwise. Questionable off field behavior doesn't matter when it's not a locker room distraction. Back in the day what happened off the field could stay there. These days what happens off the field is immediately brought into the locker room.

Josh Rosen is the apple of my eye when it comes to QB. I think he is the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. The 2 most important traits in good QB's, IMO, are accuracy and the ability to step up and slide around int he pocket & I think he excels @ both.

If he doesn't come out in '18 I wouldn't be too upset though. The Bills are probably a 6-8 win team this year so getting into the top 3 would cost a fortune. We have a lot of draft ammo in '18 but with some smart draft day trades maybe we can move around a little and pick up extra high picks for the '19 draft if that's when these stud QB's eventually come out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000830336/article/uclas-mora-doesnt-believe-josh-rosen-will-enter-2018-draft

I think he and others who are Jr.s might wait to see what the draft order is before declaring. I will say it again, I want Baker Mayfield. I know Lincoln Riley is going to work with him on a few more pro specific things this year. I feel the kid could be the next Favre and I think he would excel in our WCO.

Why would you want another Favre? Gunslingers are fun for the fans but it's the steady, rather dull QBs who win multiple Super Bowls and whose teams have consistent success. Think Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman and Brady.

Newton wasn't even a first round lock until the postseason evaluations........but he is also a southern kid and he had character concerns..........that was by no means a square-peg fit for him(though the Panthers have pretty much worn him out).

JOSH ROSEN.......to BUFFALO? Um not likely unless he suffers a pretty big humbling the next couple years.

While at the end of the college football season that year, many experts had Gabbert ahead of Newton on their boards, just about all reputable experts that I remember had Newton in the first.

Even Kiper's first mock in the middle of January had Newton at 10. Well before the combine and pro days for complete postseason evaluations.

While at the end of the college football season that year, many experts had Gabbert ahead of Newton on their boards, just about all reputable experts that I remember had Newton in the first.

Even Kiper's first mock in the middle of January had Newton at 10. Well before the combine and pro days for complete postseason evaluations.

I seem to remember Kiper equating Newton to Akili Smith just before the draft........yep........he was sold on Newton.

Fwiw I was on record here as saying the draft was Newton or bust for the Bills.......having their highest draft pick since Bruce Smith and not getting that franchise QB was a killer.

Me too, but I'm biased as he's the cousin of a recent co-worker.

I like Allen a lot as well. He seems like he'd be a perfect playing in Buffalo. I don't worry about the small school issue as much as I used. In fact small school players are often getting more experience with pro style offense than their counterparts at the elite programs. I take it that his cousin was a pleasant co worker. I worked with Tom Brady's cousin, he made the workplace seem a bit deflated.

I seem to remember Kiper equating Newton to Akili Smith just before the draft........yep........he was sold on Newton.

Fwiw I was on record here as saying the draft was Newton or bust for the Bills.......having their highest draft pick since Bruce Smith and not getting that franchise QB was a killer.

The irony of a guy named "Luck" avoiding the draft and causing the Bills to lose out on Cam - it kills me. The Bills ran out of Luck AGAIN.

I'm sorry, but I also don't buy into these QBS making some sort of Elway/Manning type power move.

Plus, in the case of Eli, both teams still ended up with high end QB prospects.

I didn't see Rivers refuse to play for the Chargers after the trade, and by all accounts was a very highly touted spec in his own right.

Furthermore, the draft has really evolved into such a spectacle and you see what Goodell has done with it.

If players start dictating where they want to play and start to diminish that product...

Edited by BillsFan17

Sounds like Buffalo Bills luck.

We make all these moves and purge our roster for draft picks, then the top QBs in the draft decide to stay in school.

After the season is over, we will probably hear our coaching staff clamoring for "more speed" on the outside.

Then we will use our 2nd Round pick from the Rams to overdraft a track star receiver.

Edited by mjt328

The irony of a guy named "Luck" avoiding the draft and causing the Bills to lose out on Cam - it kills me. The Bills ran out of Luck AGAIN.

Yeah but honestly I am much less concerned about whether they enter the draft than their agents trying to direct them into better situations.

Buffalo is not an attractive place for a QB looking to put up passing numbers and win at the same time.......which is the ultimate goal.

So if you can avoid the Bills.......your agent will do all he can.

Whether people like to hear it or not......not having playmakers in the passing game hurts the recruitment process.

Remember the late season game where the Bills pounded the playoff race competing Tebow and the Broncos mercilessly at the Ralph?

Well......when Peyton Manning was looking for a new home that offseason Buffalo wasn't even a consideration despite the fact that they had a better roster at the time than Denver.

In great part no doubt because Denver had passing game assets and the Bills cupboard of pass catchers consisted of an overfed #2 WR and a bunch of #5-#6 guys.

Yeah but honestly I am much less concerned about whether they enter the draft than their agents trying to direct them into better situations.

Buffalo is not an attractive place for a QB looking to put up passing numbers and win at the same time.......which is the ultimate goal.

Whether people like to hear it or not......not having playmakers in the passing game hurts the recruitment process.

Remember the late season game where the Bills pounded the playoff race competing Tebow and the Broncos mercilessly at the Ralph?

Well......when Peyton Manning was looking for a new home that offseason Buffalo wasn't even a consideration despite the fact that they had a better roster at the time than Denver.

In great part no doubt because Denver had passing game assets and the Bills cupboard of pass catchers consisted of an overfed #2 WR and a bunch of #5-#6 guys.

this is trying a bit hard...no?

How much of that lack of consideration was because a certain someone in Grosse Pointe would never consider paying $20 million/season?

I think you're right about this. Josh Rosen ain't ruining his brand by coming to Buffalo.

How much of that lack of consideration was because a certain someone in Grosse Pointe would never consider paying $20 million/season?

Ralph wasn't cheap.......he'd outspend anyone if he thought he could win big...........but if not, he'd rather pocket the cash because he enjoyed winning owners meetings with his black inked books and with minimal f*cks given to his progressive young counterparts.

By the time he got to the end he was TRYING DESPERATELY to pay a top coach........remember him sending Russ to track down Shanny?.........he would have made Bill Cowher the highest paid coach in the league..........but they just had no interest because of his track record of....to paraphrase Chuck Knox.....bringing coaches there to die. :death: Hell he had mediocre candidates dodging interviews by then........that's why they had Chan in the first place.

No doubt he'd have paid Manning at that point but the Bills weren't even in the conversation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.