Training Camp Awards

YoloinOhio

Good -no, great- stuff on Zay (route running)

Also love to see much a superstar like Shady embraces camp

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-2017-buffalo-bills-training-camp-awards

As is the tradition here on WKBW.com, at the conclusion of training camp we hand out the annual Training Camp Awards to the players that stood out for the right, and the wrong reasons this summer. To the awards we go!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Good -no, great- stuff on Zay (route running)

Also love to see much a superstar like Shady embraces camp

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-2017-buffalo-bills-training-camp-awards

The stuff about Shady illustrates, at least in part, why trading Sammy does not mean we are tanking. I believe full that the offense goes through Shady first and foremost and I'm sure he showed as much in camp. I still think we are fielding a good team this year.

As far as LVPs go, Yates is a guy a lot of us (especially Kirby) really didn't want to see on the 53 and thankfully Natey P is helping out there. Would much rather carry two guys. Realistically we can cut Yates and he'll be there to re-sign if, heaven forbid, TT goes down and we need him as a backup. Ducasse is a guy whose signing still puzzles me and I hope to see him gone as well. Ragland underperforming is the only disappointment of the bunch, but the book isn't written on him just yet. Would like to see him make progress in the final three games because for all the questions going into this year at LB, next year is going to be even more... questionable? Preston is on the last year of his deal and Hodges is on a one-year deal. Depending on their performances we could see one or both extended, but it would help us out if Reggie could fill at least the backup role next year.

I'm feeling a little vindicated for my Yates hot takes a few weeks back.

Ha, I mentioned you in my post only to find you quickly came through to post about it yourself. Truly I think those were only hot takes in how angry you were at the thought of Yates being on the roster come September, but your reasoning was entirely sound. We just needed Peterman to show something on the field and he's doing just that!

Anyone want to predict the 53 using this as a starting point?

I'll take a crack.

QB (2) - Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman

RB (3) - LeSean McCoy, Jonathan Williams, Mike Tolbert

FB (1) - Patrick DeMarco

WR (7) - Anquan Boldin, Zay Jones, Jordan Mattews, Andre Holmes, Corey Brown, Rod Streater, Brandon Tate

TE (3) - Charles Clay, Nick O'Leary, Logan Thomas

OT (3) - Cordy Glenn, Jordan Mills, Dion Dawkins

OG (4) - Richie Incognito, John Miller, Michael Ola, Jordan Mudge

C (2) - Eric Wood, Ryan Groy

DE (4) - Shaq Lawson, Jerry Hughes, Eddie Yarbrough, Max Valles

DT (4) - Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Adolphus Washington, Jerel Worthy

LB (7) - Preston Brown, Lorenzo Alexander, Ramon Humber, Gerald Hodges, Reggie Ragland, Tanner Vallejo, Matt Milano

CB (5) - Tre'Davious White, EJ Gaines, Kevon Seymour, Leonard Johnson, Shareece Wright

S (5) - Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, Shamiel Gary, Bacarri Rambo, Colt Anderson

K (1) - Steven Hauschka

P (1) - Colton Schmidt

LS (1) - Reid Ferguson

Suspended - Seantrel Henderson, Walter Powell

When Seantrel and Walt return, I would cut Mudge and Holmes. We'd have cut Davis, Ducasse and Holmes for the 3rd round comp pick.

Think Tate has the KR and PR job outright and he will suit up mostly for that purpose, which is why I have 7 WRs on the roster. Don't think they will keep on Banyard or any of those other RBs. From the first preseason game it was clear they intend to use Tolbert as a RB and he looked good.

Edited by Big C

With all due respect Kirby, anyone who has ever seen Yates play NFL football knew he kinda sucks. Nice guy though!

Ha ha, I know where you stand on the topic. Go back to that thread and there were people talking about him pushing for the starting job. I was called pigheaded, a crusader, someone else said that It was sour grapes over Cardale getting traded (despite the fact that I linked posts from April to dump Yates). MULTIPLE PEOPLE believe that he is a better player than Kaep. No one advocated Kaepernick but to act like Yates is better is beyond ridiculous. Here we stand 2 1/2 weeks later and I don't see anyone banging the table for Yates anymore. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'll take a crack.

FB (1) - Patrick DeMarco

WR (7) - Anquan Boldin, Zay Jones, Jordan Mattews, Andre Holmes, Corey Brown, Rod Streater, Brandon Tate

LB (7) - Preston Brown, Lorenzo Alexander, Ramon Humber, Gerald Hodges, Reggie Ragland, Tanner Vallejo, Matt Milano

CB (5) - Tre'Davious White, EJ Gaines, Kevon Seymour, Leonard Johnson, Shareece Wright

K (1) - Steven Hauschka

P (1) - Colton Schmidt

LS (1) - Reid Ferguson

When Seantrel and Walt return, I would cut Mudge and Holmes. We'd have cut Davis, Ducasse and Holmes for the 3rd round comp pick.

Think Tate has the KR and PR job outright and he will suit up mostly for that purpose, which is why I have 7 WRs on the roster. Don't think they will keep on Banyard or any of those other RBs. From the first preseason game it was clear they intend to use Tolbert as a RB and he looked good.

i would be surprised if that's not spot on. Well done.

I'll take a crack.

FB (1) - Patrick DeMarco

K (1) - Steven Hauschka

P (1) - Colton Schmidt

LS (1) - Reid Ferguson

Really nice guess....this is close

I'll take a crack.

FB (1) - Patrick DeMarco

K (1) - Steven Hauschka

P (1) - Colton Schmidt

LS (1) - Reid Ferguson

That's pretty damn close I think!

That's pretty damn close I think!

I also think its close....two things to consider

They cannot be happy with the OT situation.....I think they will be looking very close at veteran cuts from other teams

The bills have shown they are amassing draft picks......they only player left on that roster that prevents another 3rd rounder is holmz......I think in the end he is cut not only because of the comp pick but also because has not looked good in camp

They cannot be happy with the OT situation.....I think they will be looking very close at veteran cuts from other teams

The bills have shown they are amassing draft picks......they only player left on that roster that prevents another 3rd rounder is holmz......I think in the end he is cut not only because of the comp pick but also because has not looked good in camp

Agreed about OT. Cutting Cyrus looks like a mistake right now. They had better hope Cordy can make it through the season or both Mills and Dawkins have to step up big time. I've seen enough of Seantrel looking OK in camp and flopping in games not to trust him as a starter at this point (as much as I respect his dedication to getting his weight right and fighting through Crohn's). I'm kind of hoping Brandon Albert just retired to get away from Marrone and might be willing to sign on with us if Cordy can't go. Still remaining hopeful about Cordy.

As far as Holmes goes, you'll see I've labeled him as a cut after week 4. As far as we know, that's good enough to still pick up that comp pick.

The stuff about Shady illustrates, at least in part, why trading Sammy does not mean we are tanking. I believe full that the offense goes through Shady first and foremost and I'm sure he showed as much in camp. I still think we are fielding a good team this year.

As far as LVPs go, Yates is a guy a lot of us (especially Kirby) really didn't want to see on the 53 and thankfully Natey P is helping out there. Would much rather carry two guys. Realistically we can cut Yates and he'll be there to re-sign if, heaven forbid, TT goes down and we need him as a backup. Ducasse is a guy whose signing still puzzles me and I hope to see him gone as well. Ragland underperforming is the only disappointment of the bunch, but the book isn't written on him just yet. Would like to see him make progress in the final three games because for all the questions going into this year at LB, next year is going to be even more... questionable? Preston is on the last year of his deal and Hodges is on a one-year deal. Depending on their performances we could see one or both extended, but it would help us out if Reggie could fill at least the backup role next year.

Ha, I mentioned you in my post only to find you quickly came through to post about it yourself. Truly I think those were only hot takes in how angry you were at the thought of Yates being on the roster come September, but your reasoning was entirely sound. We just needed Peterman to show something on the field and he's doing just that!

Absolutely.

I feel McB,Beane,Dennison realized Sammy is expendable because of Shady . I anticipate him used much more in the pass game and heavy PA, which last year, caused lbs and s almost always biting because they are so worried about Shady AND Taylor.

There's really not much you can do to prepare for that combo leading up to the week. PA will be Taylors bread and butter, let our big targets sit in the open spots and move the chains. Shady is a rare player, top 10 on offense imo, would be extremely hard to replace his impact.

I'm feeling a little vindicated for my Yates hot takes a few weeks back. Don't mind me while I dance in the end zone...

In this circumstance, the defense hadn't even taken the field to stop you ;)

The most important award remains unanswered though - did we win the offseason?

Edited by Blokestradamus

I'll take a crack.

FB (1) - Patrick DeMarco

K (1) - Steven Hauschka

P (1) - Colton Schmidt

LS (1) - Reid Ferguson

Sounds good to me!

I'm feeling a little vindicated for my Yates hot takes a few weeks back. Don't mind me while I dance in the end zone...

i wasn't a Yates fan but i figured he at least knew the offense and would get the ball out on time and that would make him competent enough of a backup. after seeing him in person last game i was like YIKES. he was all over the place. if Peterman shows well tomorrow then there's no way Yates makes this team

I thought same thing but not sure Bills will be willing to take the 2,450,000 hit. That is how much he is guaranteed. They might just make him play special teams and hope his issues are correctable.