who's playing LT, or enough about "the trade"

Commish

Both tackle positions are very scary ATM. Dawkins can't beat out Jordan Mills at right tackle and might be our starting LT now. Kinda scary. Has Mills improved or is Dawkins just not very good at the moment?

I think Dawkins has struggled more at RT than he did in the spring at LT. People talk about the switch as though it is just a piece of cake but mirroring all your actions is not as easy to get used to as it sounds. Anyone who has gone from driving a right hand drive car to a left hand drive car can attest to that.

He played pretty much his whole Temple career at LT and I just feel like he is more comfortable there. The Bills hope is that Cordy recovers and Dawkins wins the RT job which is why at the moment they just want to focus on Dawkins on the right side where he has to learn to mirror himself without the flipping back and forth. However, if Glenn still can't practice by this time next week they need to go back to Dawkins at LT in nt opinion. He is the only realistic option to play there week 1 if Cordy can't go.

Trade Glenn for a 2nd. He can't stay healthy and he will want a big pay day again in a few years.

7 picks in the first 3 round! We need more picks!!

He is under a long term contract.

You dont have an out with him until after the 2018 season.

Probably grab someone after the last round of cuts but honestly, Ola may be the best possible if Glenn can't go. Too bad they don't still have Kouandjio.

Kouandijo looks like trash in Detriot

Add the off field stuff

And the i dont think he is a fit for zone blocking

He is under a long term contract.

You dont have an out with him until after the 2018 season.

Kouandijo looks like trash in Detriot

Add the off field stuff

And the i dont think he is a fit for zone blocking

Worse than Henderson has looked? I seriously doubt it. He was good enough last season that many on this board were advocating that the Bills move Glenn to RT so that the Bills have their best 5 linemen on the field. Now he suddenly stinks so bad that he can't even be a backup? It sounds more like sour grapes to me. Edited by vincec

Worse than Henderson has looked? I seriously doubt it. He was good enough last season that many on this board were advocating that the Bills move Glenn to RT so that the Bills have their best 5 linemen on th field. Now he suddenky stinks so bad that he can't even be a backup? It sounds more like sour grapes to me.

Yep. Watch the Detriot game.

And it also sounds like you dont understand blocking systems and the difference between last years and this year

And sounds like you don't understand off field issues is not a good look for a player that doesnt fit your system.

And very overvalued his play last year he was OK but nothing there telling me to mive glenn to RT and play him at LT

Edited by MAJBobby

Yep. Watch the Detriot game.

And it also sounds like you dont understand blocking systems and the difference between last years and this year

And sounds like you don't understand off field issues is not a good look for a player that doesnt fit your system.

And very overvalued his play last year he was OK but nothing there telling me to mive glenn to RT and play him at LT

Right. I don't understand.

You can think you see lots of reasons in intangibles but his play on the field last season was at least of backup quality. Cutting him before camp even started and leaving no viable LT backup from day 1 doesn't sound like a good plan, but you obviously think otherwise. I hope it works out, but if it does it's really just luck because there is apparent backup plan.

Derrick Dockery may also be available.

Rueben Brown

Dudes, they were guards not tackles, although they both played on the left side.

I think Dawkins has struggled more at RT than he did in the spring at LT. People talk about the switch as though it is just a piece of cake but mirroring all your actions is not as easy to get used to as it sounds. Anyone who has gone from driving a right hand drive car to a left hand drive car can attest to that.

He played pretty much his whole Temple career at LT and I just feel like he is more comfortable there. The Bills hope is that Cordy recovers and Dawkins wins the RT job which is why at the moment they just want to focus on Dawkins on the right side where he has to learn to mirror himself without the flipping back and forth. However, if Glenn still can't practice by this time next week they need to go back to Dawkins at LT in nt opinion. He is the only realistic option to play there week 1 if Cordy can't go.

Agreed.

Not only is the switch difficult because everything is reversed, but RTs and LTs tend to have different skill sets. RTs tend to be larger, less mobile, but stronger. They're usually a key to success in the running game. LTs tend to be taller and rangier, often with longer arms, and with more quickness. They are a key to successful pass protection because most QBs are righties, so they're "blind" to their left.

It's much more likely that slower, less agile collegiate LTs successfully switch to RT in the NFL than vice versa, and often make top notch pro RTs like Brian Bulaga of the Packers.

I'll keep saying that cutting kujo seemed short sighted unless there was a lot more that we didn't know. The kid was a cheap and serviceable player at an expensive and hard to fill position that had an injured starter. I don't see many reasons to rush him off the roster and would have kept him until cut day to see both his own progression and cordys health.

Dudes, they were guards not tackles, although they both played on the left side.

Agreed.

Not only is the switch difficult because everything is reversed, but RTs and LTs tend to have different skill sets. RTs tend to be larger, less mobile, but stronger. They're usually a key to success in the running game. LTs tend to be taller and rangier, often with longer arms, and with more quickness. They are a key to successful pass protection because most QBs are righties, so they're "blind" to their left.

It's much more likely that slower, less agile collegiate LTs successfully switch to RT in the NFL than vice versa, and often make top notch pro RTs like Brian Bulaga of the Packers.

Sorry, meant Ruben Studdard.

agree , keep playing him at LT until Glenn is 100%

If they think Glenn will miss regular season time this is absolutely what they should do. They might have to accept that this would slow down his transition to the RT spot and it might be next camp before he takes over the starting role there... but if Glenn is hurt they need Dawkins to play LT. Henderson is both suspended and rubbish.

If they think Glenn will miss regular season time this is absolutely what they should do. They might have to accept that this would slow down his transition to the RT spot and it might be next camp before he takes over the starting role there... but if Glenn is hurt they need Dawkins to play LT. Henderson is both suspended and rubbish.

I don't agree with the rubbish bit. Not yet anyways.

But that hardly matters in the here and now.

Give Dawkins all the LT reps even if he is better then Mills at RT. kinda sucks.

Trade Glenn for a 2nd. He can't stay healthy and he will want a big pay day again in a few years.

7 picks in the first 3 round! We need more picks!!

I get that you're about 90% joking here, but Glenn has stayed on the field pretty well. Three of his five years here, he played 16 games. 72 games in five years, that's pretty durable.