Feel Like We Are Going Back To Dark Days

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick

Drew Brees was a 2nd round pick

Aaron Rodgers was drafted 24th overall

Joe Flacco was 18th overall

Big Ben was 11th overall

Kirk Cousins was a 4th round pick

Derek Carr was a 2nd round pick

You can get your franchise QB from almost any draft position. It's all about coaching a QB up, along with having talent. Is Dennison a good enough coach to coach up whatever QB the Bills bring in. That is the biggest question.

....WELL stated......I think Dennison is probably one of the better QC's in Buffalo in recent years and is probably the right guy to design the passing component of the offense around TT IMO.........

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused as to where we are coming from, to head back to the dark days?

Right... regressing from 7-9, bumbling coaches underachieving overdrafted "superstars", 17 year playoff drought, QB roulette.

This is the top baby. It's all downhill from here

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

thats a big IF but, you gotta take a shot now. We have the ammo, the damage is done, take your shot McBean.

This.

Thats what scares me. We havent coached a rookie QB up to a solid starting level since I can remember. Mahomes went to KC with a backleg that had a mind of its own. After watching last nights game, you can see they coached that out of him. That back leg is much more steady and KC looks like it has Alex Smiths replacement. I dont know if we have the same coaching talent here.

The Jets, Cleveland, SF will have something to say about it.

Lots and lots of whining from grown men.

Think back to 2004. Tom Donahoe attempted to trade up with Houston to get Roethlisberger. The package he offered fell short.

Ever wonder what would have happened of Donahoe offered enough? What would the last 13 years have been like? Maybe Donahoe and Mularkey are still here? Maybe there is a Lombardi or two in the trophy case at New Era?

Just remember that next April if you get cold feet about packaging picks to move up.Hell, look at what KC did with Buffalo to get their guy last spring.

I now expect buffalo to do whatever it takes to get their guy next year. For some strange reason, there are a couple in this thread who feel that if you don't have the first two picks, it's not worth it. I'm living in crazy town.

Don't the PATS have a Real coaching staff, FO and franchise QB? The Pats n Bills do not deserve to even be in the same sentence at all. We are in the realm of Browns, Jets or 49'ers of which club gets a real QB 1st.

Maybe you should let things play out a little bit before rushing to judgment on the new regime.

I now expect buffalo to do whatever it takes to get their guy next year. For some strange reason, there are a couple in this thread who feel that if you don't have the first two picks, it's not worth it. I'm living in crazy town.

If Darnald is this good, I don't see the Jets, Cleveland or SF trading out of the spot. Trade TT and McCoy to assure a spot in the top three, if OBD wants him.

If Darnald is this good, I don't see the Jets, Cleveland or SF trading out of the spot. Trade TT and McCoy to assure a spot in the top three, if OBD wants him.

Darnald may not even come out next year, and I'm willing to be there will be other great qb to look at bybthr time the draft rolls around.

So let me clear this up for my own sake...

People love how we assemble the front office, then complain when they make decisions and stock up picks. Picks that all the guys we raved about can actually make them selves...

...LMAO!....are we close to seeing FIRE BEANE BRING BACK WHALEY OR BRING IN POLIAN OR GETTLEMAN threads???......the playpen gets more amusing by the minute.......maybe Marv is ready....he just got four new Pirelli's...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

7+ QBs get drafted every year and 5-6 of them flame out of the league while 0-2 of them range from too serviceable to get rid of (Tannehill, Cutler, Dalton, etc) Getting that "QB for a decade plus" is winning the lottery. The Bolts still get flack from drafting Leaf, but if he didn't go 2, he would have gone 3rd, 4th, etc.

It's not a science.

Doing all of this to most likely get the next Ryan Tannehill is far from worth it. This is the worst time I've seen in the drought. There's no light at the end of the tunnel and a coaching staff is telling us that they can sell the farm next year and get a QB that will turn around this franchise on what will end up being a team otherwise void of talent: Gonna say my goodbyes to Kyle Williams and McCoy right now as they limp through this 20 game pre-season.

We've been moving backwards for some time; so the dark cloud is nothing new. All the hype and hope over the years has been for naught. What's wrong with a new regime, with its new thinking and approach? If all these draft picks are utilized properly, watch out NFL. Of course, Browns fans are saying the same thing. Bottom line: new day arrives from a new way.

Backwards? You can't get any further backwards than the Whaley/Ryan years.

Mister 57 posts, how long have you been alive on earth? 6 years? Is that how far back you go as a Bills fan?

Let me count the ways:

6HRwGSh.jpg

Did you enjoy those 3 win and 4 win seasons? When 6 wins was an improvement? When we were picking the likes of Aaron Maybin in 1st rounds?

7+ QBs get drafted every year and 5-6 of them flame out of the league while 0-2 of them range from too serviceable to get rid of (Tannehill, Cutler, Dalton, etc) Getting that "QB for a decade plus" is winning the lottery. The Bolts still get flack from drafting Leaf, but if he didn't go 2, he would have gone 3rd, 4th, etc.

It's not a science.

Doing all of this to most likely get the next Ryan Tannehill is far from worth it. This is the worst time I've seen in the drought. There's no light at the end of the tunnel and a coaching staff is telling us that they can sell the farm next year and get a QB that will turn around this franchise on what will end up being a team otherwise void of talent: Gonna say my goodbyes to Kyle Williams and McCoy right now as they limp through this 20 game pre-season.

I'm not following this logic. So we shouldn't even try to get a QB and just keep hitting the replay button from last year?