Feel Like We Are Going Back To Dark Days

7+ QBs get drafted every year and 5-6 of them flame out of the league while 0-2 of them range from too serviceable to get rid of (Tannehill, Cutler, Dalton, etc) Getting that "QB for a decade plus" is winning the lottery. The Bolts still get flack from drafting Leaf, but if he didn't go 2, he would have gone 3rd, 4th, etc.

It's not a science.

Doing all of this to most likely get the next Ryan Tannehill is far from worth it. This is the worst time I've seen in the drought. There's no light at the end of the tunnel and a coaching staff is telling us that they can sell the farm next year and get a QB that will turn around this franchise on what will end up being a team otherwise void of talent: Gonna say my goodbyes to Kyle Williams and McCoy right now as they limp through this 20 game pre-season.

lol you're a buffoon if you think this is the worst. EVERY jauron year was worse. Gregg Williams infinitely worse.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7+ QBs get drafted every year and 5-6 of them flame out of the league while 0-2 of them range from too serviceable to get rid of (Tannehill, Cutler, Dalton, etc) Getting that "QB for a decade plus" is winning the lottery. The Bolts still get flack from drafting Leaf, but if he didn't go 2, he would have gone 3rd, 4th, etc.

It's not a science.

Doing all of this to most likely get the next Ryan Tannehill is far from worth it. This is the worst time I've seen in the drought. There's no light at the end of the tunnel and a coaching staff is telling us that they can sell the farm next year and get a QB that will turn around this franchise on what will end up being a team otherwise void of talent: Gonna say my goodbyes to Kyle Williams and McCoy right now as they limp through this 20 game pre-season.

So...don't even attempt at drafting your guy at qb because it's scary?

Buffalo mentality

I don't get it. There's a real possibility that the bills finally get their guy next year, and people are wary of it? Any time you pick a qb there's a chance at failure, but that should never stop you from doing so.

I don't get it. There's a real possibility that the bills finally get their guy next year, and people are wary of it? Any time you pick a qb there's a chance at failure, but that should never stop you from doing so.

It's the small time play it safe thinking that's kept us mediocre since I was in my late 20s.

Oh dont forget Hank Bullough and Kay Stephenson- damn you!

I'm sticking to the drought

It's not a science.

Exactly. Everybody is assuming the Bills are going to draft Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers when they much more likely to get Tannehill or Dalton or Alex Smith, or even more likely Tim Couch or JaMarcus Russell.

I am one of the few who wishes that they had let Whaley run the team and pick the head coach. I think the outcome would have been much better for this team.

Maybe this will all work out but I am skeptical.

Exactly. Everybody is assuming the Bills are going to draft Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers when they much more likely to get Tannehill or Dalton or Alex Smith, or even more likely Tim Couch or JaMarcus Russell.

I am one of the few who wishes that they had let Whaley run the team and pick the head coach. I think the outcome would have been much better for this team.

Ok...so when should the bills shoot for a qb?

EJ Manuel dude.....and you want Whaley running this team. Oh my.

Ok...so when should the bills shoot for a qb?

Never because we might not get Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

lol Whaley

Now I've read everything

Nah, the dark days to me were 2009/2010. Although we saw a small glimpse of hope in 2011 starting 5-2, it never amounted to anything. McDermott and bean seem to be doing everything right and after watching the game the other night, it doesn't seem to me like this team is just sailing it in. It's obvious they want to win

...certainly NO guarantees but when is the last time the Administration/FO had as talented line up (sure, it's on paper) since Polian??........Pegula (yup, the Bills clueless owner) opened the checkbook and let Beane hire a bevy of former VP's and Personnel Directors....I know, they were ALL desperate for work and it was either Buffalo, soup kitchens or unemployment checks....and to add insult to injury, Pegula hires a green horn HC in McD, who CAN'T know what the hell he is doing and has even been pegged as McDICTATOR by some of the "expert" TBD commentators....tutored by the late great Jim Johnson, associated with Andy Reid and having worked with Ron Rivera mean SQUAT....and as an eloquent "commentator" stated, "we're back to the dark days of Dickie Jauron"....a/k/a The Cadaver........I'm almost outta popcorn listening to this ongoing soap opera....maybe Pegs hires Susan Lucci to round out things....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy