Feel Like We Are Going Back To Dark Days

Anyone else feel like we are backwards? This team has done such a 360 from where it was from 2000-2010, and I feel like we are entering right back to that era.

Pegula was such a nice breathe of fresh air, and IMO, so was Doug Whaley. He got creative with salary cap, did things we never used to do, took chances in trades, etc.

I know this probably won't be popular, but I miss the Whaley days. When Whaley was GM, I finally felt like a real NFL team, trying to actually get into the playoffs. We were aggressive and the talent on this roster was the highest it has been in over a decade.

I just didn't see the need for the rebuild. Pegula should have made sure this wasn't going to happen. Looking back, I would have rather hired Lynn and kept Whaley. At least they would want to keep great talent on this team, not get rid of it.

This new regime just rubs me the wrong way. They think that future picks actual mean anything. Give me talent over maybe talent with a draft pick you don't even know the position of. They think they won't have to ever pay out big contracts and we will just operate on guys who "want to be here." They are always looking for low ball offers and think they are smart enough to win with lesser talent. They are going to be in for a rude awakening. You need talent to win. They are setting themselves back 2 years and most regimes only get 3 years before they have to prove themselves.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are getting their ducks in a row to make a run at a top QB in next year's draft.

Without one we are doomed to mediocrity.

The plan is worth a shot, and it is too early to judge.

No there aren't. The Jets are making a run, not the Bills. The Bills are hovering around 5 wins, not bad enough to get a top QB.

if the bills can get a top qb in the draft then yes, it's very worth it. it would be nice not to have to worry about the qb position for a decade plus.

Draft picks are usually a sign that you suck. Look at Cleveland and SF this year. They had a ton of picks.

haven't the pats typically had high number of picks each year?

if the bills can get a top qb in the draft then yes, it's very worth it. it would be nice not to have to worry about the qb position for a decade plus.

Do you think we are worse than the Jets or SF? Those will be top 2 teams picking next year. They are not trading pick, they need a QB.

Do you think we are worse than the Jets or SF? Those will be top 2 teams picking next year. They are not trading pick, they need a QB.

so unless the bills don't have the 1 or 2 pick, it's not worth looking for a qb? you have no idea what the nfl landscape is going to look like next year. i get the reasoning, but meh.

Don't the PATS have a Real coaching staff, FO and franchise QB? The Pats n Bills do not deserve to even be in the same sentence at all. We are in the realm of Browns, Jets or 49'ers of which club gets a real QB 1st.

Edited by Real McCoy

No there aren't. The Jets are making a run, not the Bills. The Bills are hovering around 5 wins, not bad enough to get a top QB.

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick

Drew Brees was a 2nd round pick

Aaron Rodgers was drafted 24th overall

Joe Flacco was 18th overall

Big Ben was 11th overall

Kirk Cousins was a 4th round pick

Derek Carr was a 2nd round pick

You can get your franchise QB from almost any draft position. It's all about coaching a QB up, along with having talent. Is Dennison a good enough coach to coach up whatever QB the Bills bring in. That is the biggest question.

so unless the bills don't have the 1 or 2 pick, it's not worth looking for a qb? you have no idea what the nfl landscape is going to look like next year. i get the reasoning, but meh.

That's how it works. If you want to tank like the Jets, then do it. Why be mediocre?

Don't the PATS have a Real coaching staff, FO and franchise QB? The Pats n Bills do not deserve to even be in the same sentence at all. We are in the realm of Browns, Jets or 49'ers of which club gets a real QB 1st.

so again, the bills shouldn't even bother to try? as far as i know there's no number 1, home run type qb in the draft this year, (at this time), so we don't know who will be worth the value in those first few picks. and when mentioning the pats, try not to be so emotional, and actually understand why the comment was made.

Big Ben was 11th overall

You can get your franchise QB from almost any draft position. It's all about coaching a QB up, along with having talent. Is Dennison a good enough coach to coach up whatever QB the Bills bring in. That is the biggest question.

Russell Wilson. Andy Dalton. Dak Prescott.

thats a big IF but, you gotta take a shot now. We have the ammo, the damage is done, take your shot McBean.

This.

Big Ben was 11th overall

Thats what scares me. We havent coached a rookie QB up to a solid starting level since I can remember. Mahomes went to KC with a backleg that had a mind of its own. After watching last nights game, you can see they coached that out of him. That back leg is much more steady and KC looks like it has Alex Smiths replacement. I dont know if we have the same coaching talent here.