Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if he has no noticeable downside why do you think he was a day 3 pick?

Is he a different player than 6 months ago, or do you have a better eye than everyone in the NFL?

Could have been a whole ton of college related factors hampering him transferring to Pitt for his last 2 years.

With better coaches and players he very much could be a more mature, different and much better player than 6 months ago.

You have this figured out with Kizer and Mahomes with no future while Peterman does. :thumbsup: NFL teams, HappyDays are here again!

Tell me the last strong big arm QB who had poor mechanics in college that made it. It does not happen. But hey I don't mind throwing my opinion out there. If I'm wrong I'm sure you'll be there to tell me.

Tell me the last strong big arm QB who had poor mechanics in college that made it. It does not happen. But hey I don't mind throwing my opinion out there. If I'm wrong I'm sure you'll be there to tell me.

I don't disagree with you on him, he has to develop and KC will give him time to do just that.

There is one thing about Peterman in the preseason games that reminds me SO MUCH of Trent Edwards. Where are the throws downfield? I don't mean 40 yard fly patterns, but how about crossing patterns or slants where the ball travels 15-20 yards past the line of Scrimmage? It is like watching Trent Edwards all over.

I don't disagree with you on him, he has to develop and KC will give him time to do just that.

And they should/will because Alex Smith is clearly the better QB.

There is one thing about Peterman in the preseason games that reminds me SO MUCH of Trent Edwards. Where are the throws downfield? I don't mean 40 yard fly patterns, but how about crossing patterns or slants where the ball travels 15-20 yards past the line of Scrimmage? It is like watching Trent Edwards all over.

Behind this OL, I also wouldn't wait for a long pass to open up.

Maybe the under pressure numbers are a little less scary, because unlike Taylor he actually gets rid of the ball quick?

This I agree with. I can't tell you how many times my twelve year old has screamed at the tv the last two years "THROW THE BALL!" Who starts? I want to go with TT and let Peterman sit and learn. However if his pre snap reads are this good I could see Nate as the starter.

So if he has no noticeable downside why do you think he was a day 3 pick?

Is he a different player than 6 months ago, or do you have a better eye than everyone in the NFL?

OK .. new rule ... no QB's allowed to be drafted after round 3 ... they must suck ... see Brady, Dak, Cousins

Holy poo poo, when the hell are you guys going to give it up? THIS AIN'T TRENT EDWARDS. or should I say Trentative as he was called. Nate is anything but hesitant with what he does with the ball. He has passed every test he's been faced with. The next test is real game play and what are you going to do when he passes that test too? Are you going to start a new negative thread every time he throws an incomplete pass?

Give it a rest, nobody's anointing him savior. Taylor will start when he's healthy, but in all likelihood will either get injured again or show he can't run this offense efficiently.

Holy poo poo, when the hell are you guys going to give it up? THIS AIN'T TRENT EDWARDS. or should I say Trentative as he was called. Nate is anything but hesitant with what he does with the ball. He has passed every test he's been faced with. The next test is real game play and what are you going to do when he passes that test too? Are you going to start a new negative thread every time he throws an incomplete pass?

Give it a rest, nobody's anointing him savior. Taylor will start when he's healthy, but in all likelihood will either get injured again or show he can't run this offense efficiently.

You tell someone else to give it up and then post the bolded nonsense. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

OK .. new rule ... no QB's allowed to be drafted after round 3 ... they must suck ... see Brady, Dak, Cousins

How about no evaluations of day 3 qbs in their first preseason that include essentially saying they are without flaw and make the right reads, are highly accurate, strong armed and athletic leaders?

I didn't say he COULDNT succeed. I said he was a day 3 pick because 32 gms agreed he was a prospect with shortcomings - which stands to reason either he's changed as a player or all 32 whiffed incredibly bad.

He could succeed - but is likely a project and certainly a long shot.

I admit that tonight was impressive. His release was as quick as I've seen from a QB, with some zip on the ball. HOWEVER, he was also only being asked to make one read. This is also the 4th preseason game, which we all know what teams show.

I think he showed enough to give him a chance when this season gets out of hand. And by that I mean, if TT isn't showing why he is ABSOLUTELY the QB of our future and we are below .500 halfway through the season, I give Peterman.

As for the comment about comparing him to Trent Edwards? Again, I don't know how you can compare them after such as short amount of time. Yes, he hasn't gone deep, but neither has Tyrod.

I'm not sure exactly what we have in Peterman but I know he has the floor of being one of the better backups in the NFL for a long time and that he likely has a long career ahead of him, if only in that role. I see a lot of Chad Pennington in him before he got his shoulder injury. If he could be Chad Pennington for us I think we could win a lot of games.