Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only ignore their actually body of work, instead choose to look at preseason play instead.

Last I checked pre season games don't count in the standings. How many guys played well in pre season only to be cut-pre season means nothing.

0-16!!!!

Let's just do it.... Let's have fun and watch a lot of young guys and cast off from other teams play... we aren't going to the playoffs.

It is a waste of a seasons if we go 7-9. A huge waste. Go 10-6 or 1-15, anything else is pointless

Edited by Iraq Vet

@JohnMurphyShow

Beane on Peterman: "He's better than I expected. He has the moxie, pocket presence, the leadership. That's what you look for in leaders."

I don't think they anticipated NP playing this well and TT playing this poorly up to this point.

They have a tough decision should NP play well if TT can't go.

I'm not sure why that would upset anyone.

I am sure that there are folks that have posted in this thread that would be upset if he called Tyrod a good QB.

Maybe it wasn't you but there are people saying that Peterman hasn't even looked good in preseason. I don't think that's true and apparently the GM agrees.

I think Beane was very involved in our draft. I think the verbal agreement was in place before the draft and just waited a little bit after to make it official.

I am almost certain of this. We drafted I think 4 players that had visited Carolina before the draft but not us. Including the two we traded up for. Obviously McDermott and/or Beane were running the show, Whaley was just given a respectful exit. It will never be proven but all the evidence points that way. Edited by HappyDays

I am almost certain of this. We drafted I think 4 players that had visited Carolina before the draft but not us. Including the two we traded up for. Obviously McDermott and/or Beane were running the show, Whaley was just given a respectful exit. It will never be proven but all the evidence points that way.

I always wondered what was going through Whaley's mind. You know you're gone after the draft and another guy from another team is running it with the HC. I think he just set up the draft board, like wrote it on the white board and that was about it.

I am almost certain of this. We drafted I think 4 players that had visited Carolina before the draft but not us. Including the two we traded up for. Obviously McDermott and/or Beane were running the show, Whaley was just given a respectful exit. It will never be proven but all the evidence points that way.

I always wondered what was going through Whaley's mind. You know you're gone after the draft and another guy from another team is running it with the HC. I think he just set up the draft board, like wrote it on the white board and that was about it.

:lol:

If I'm a D Coordinator facing Nasty Nate, I blitz the peejeebers out of him (as I would all rookies). See if he goes 1 for 8 under pressure, ducks and Chuck's it into a crowd, or flat out drops the ball.

And what if he goes 6 for 8 and picks that defense apart? What's the next fatal flaw to dig up on the kid. Jeez!

Not sure what this is supposed to mean? Do you actually think Whaley ran the draft 2 days before he was fired?

Your conspiracy theory about Beane working with McDermott to select players for the Bills is entertaining. I'm sure McD was ducking out of sight to receive secret text messages about who select and what trades to make during the draft. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, they did this in cahoots with Jerry Richardson. :lol:

I don't think they anticipated NP playing this well and TT playing this poorly up to this point.

They have a tough decision should NP play well if TT can't go.

If TT can't go, starting NP is an easy decision. And more importantly, one that can't be criticized by anyone.

I think Beane was very involved in our draft. I think the verbal agreement was in place before the draft and just waited a little bit after to make it official.

Could be.

Your conspiracy theory about Beane working with McDermott to select players for the Bills is entertaining. I'm sure McD was ducking out of sight to receive secret text messages about who select and what trades to make during the draft. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, they did this in cahoots with Jerry Richardson. :lol:

McDermott was already employed by the Bills and knew Carolina's draft board. It is not nearly as far fetched as you seem to think. The far fetched belief is that a lame duck GM ran a draft where he took players that he hadn't visited with, players who the incoming HC/GM had visits with. Use some common sense, it's pretty obvious what happened here.

McDermott was already employed by the Bills and knew Carolina's draft board. It is not nearly as far fetched as you seem to think. The far fetched belief is that a lame duck GM ran a draft where he took players that he hadn't visited with, players who the incoming HC/GM had visits with. Use some common sense, it's pretty obvious what happened here.

Don't try to play your conspiracy theory off as common sense. It isn't. The Bills used their own draft board as set up by Whaley and the scouting staff. McDermott was instrumental in making the selections of course.

Don't try to play your conspiracy theory off as common sense. It isn't. The Bills used their own draft board as set up by Whaley and the scouting staff. McDermott was instrumental in making the selections of course.

How can it be true that we used Whaley's draft board but McDermott made the selections? That would mean McDermot was going off of his own draft board which is exactly what I think happened.

And what if he goes 6 for 8 and picks that defense apart? What's the next fatal flaw to dig up on the kid. Jeez!

I really wouldn't worry about that too much.

His handling (or not) pressure is a HUGE red flag for me in his game along with his inaccuracy/consistency.

I don't think he sucks or anything like that, he's just nowhere near ready to start an NFL game against a real defense that game plans against him, that's all.

Best thing for him is he doesn't see the field this year. Don't rush it IMHO.

How can it be true that we used Whaley's draft board but McDermott made the selections? That would mean McDermot was going off of his own draft board which is exactly what I think happened.

So McDermott set up the Bills' 2017 draft board with Whaley and the scouts still on board just sitting around. None of the work they did all throughout the CFB season was considered and they just used McDermott's recollection of the Panthers' board to go on.

Is that your contention?

So McDermott set up the Bills' 2017 draft board with Whaley and the scouts still on board just sitting around. None of the work they did all throughout the CFB season was considered and they just used McDermott's recollection of the Panthers' board to go on.

Is that your contention?

I mean, pretty much. The players we drafted clearly were not sought out by the Bills. They were sought out by Carolina. I don't know how to make it simpler. The scouts were never getting fired before the draft, that would be a huge mistake. What's weird is your belief that Pegula allowed a GM who he planned on firing to run a draft, using the draft board of scouts that he also planned on firing. How does that fit into your theory?

I mean, pretty much. The players we drafted clearly were not sought out by the Bills. They were sought out by Carolina. I don't know how to make it simpler. The scouts were never getting fired before the draft, that would be a huge mistake. What's weird is your belief that Pegula allowed a GM who he planned on firing to run a draft, using the draft board of scouts that he also planned on firing. How does that fit into your theory?

Just like the 2013 draft looked nothing like a Nix draft, the 2017 draft looked nothing like a Whaley draft. pretty easy to see why.

Edited by JM2009

....so the "Real Housewives of TBD" won't be aired anytime soon with all of the sabotage and conspiracy theories?.....deeply saddened.....was expecting new blonde wig avatars and Party City "balloons"...

Nobody is being harsh. You are mistaking honest evaluation for unnecessary harshness for some odd reason.

I'd agree if I were talking to a Bills coach.

Nothing better than a backup IMO is pure speculation at this point.

Speculation isn't an honest evaluation.

College and the NFL are very different.

I like what I have seen and hope for the best.

Time will tell.