McD and Beane/ Do you trust them?

These two men have come from a winning program and i'm sure they have implemented a system to mirror what they know! I trust them, this move solidifies this for me. Sammy had to be dealt now or risk nothing for him in the future and Darby was nothing special he got burnt most of last season. Go-Bills!!!!

....seriously?....they make a contrarian blockbuster trade so they obviously don't know what the hell they're doing....they potentially may have upset the apple cart of the "17 year drought" when getting to 20 years would have been the ideal organizational achievement?.....they need to go now......tradition breakers have NO place in OBD lore IMO....bring back Whaley............

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. This isn't about " tradition" either. It's about making bad moves ( not picking up SW 5th year option) then realizing he's healthy and now you made it tougher to re-sign him) . Then covering your tracks ( " at least we got something for our most talented WR) with more bad moves. Seems like the old traditions are intact with these two.

I figured they would use the whole season to evaluate talent.

Apparently they are quicker than that.

If McD and Beane know talent, we should trust them..

There should be no half measures, TT and Shady should go and in two years we could have an amazing nucleus

I trust them a lot more than Madden GMs - see example of Madden GM.

Nope. This isn't about " tradition" either. It's about making bad moves ( not picking up SW 5th year option) then realizing he's healthy and now you made it tougher to re-sign him) . Then covering your tracks ( " at least we got something for our most talented WR) with more bad moves. Seems like the old traditions are intact with these two.

Just like it is old tradition to make up stuff when you do not agree with decision.

Edited by Limeaid

....seriously?....they make a contrarian blockbuster trade so they obviously don't know what the hell they're doing....they potentially may have upset the apple cart of the "17 year drought" when getting to 20 years would have been the ideal organizational achievement?.....they need to go now......tradition breakers have NO place in OBD lore IMO....bring back Whaley............

it's going to go 20 anyway. they wont have it all in place as far as roster/talent in one off season? it'll likely take a couple more drafts which puts you at the 2019/20 season mark and doing the math says the long awaited 20 year drought deadline would be here then. rome wasn't built in a day and it looks like they're in tear down rebuild mode so I don't expect to see any immediate results in the near future?

as for trust, I couldn't say I do anymore than I don't based off an off season and beane hasn't headed a draft yet so until the next draft or two are said and done, what is there to trust presently?

in this case trust is like hope, both unseen and undetermined.

it's going to go 20 anyway. they wont have it all in place as far as roster/talent in one off season? it'll likely take a couple more drafts which puts you at the 2019/20 season mark and doing the math says the long awaited 20 year drought deadline would be here then. rome wasn't built in a day and it looks like they're in tear down rebuild mode so I don't expect to see any immediate results in the near future?

as for trust, I couldn't say I do anymore than I don't based off an off season and beane hasn't headed a draft yet so until the next draft or two are said and done, what is there to trust presently?

Sadly, this is true. So happy with the Boldin signing a few days ago, Still a little shocked at yesterday.

....so where are we compared to the eloquence of the post Polian era?.......I know it's hard to cast aside the lineup of gems that have fostered the last 17 years....from Admin to FO to between the stripes....no way they should get more that 72 hours to prove their worth.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....so where are we compared to the eloquence of the post Polian era?.......I know it's hard to cast aside the lineup of gems that have fostered the last 17 years....from Admin to FO to between the stripes....no way they should get more that 72 hours to prove their worth.........

trust is earned, not given. I couldn't give any type of evaluation and/or comparison at this time. how could you, they haven't even played a meaningful game yet and beane has yet to head a draft?

looks good on the outside, results carry more weight...

The principle Beane used is seen in Hockey every year. If a player is approaching FA with baggage or injury history you try to get value for him before you lose him for nothing. Even if SW has 1200 yards and 12 TDs his final year I would not feel comfortable breaking the bank for a player who was Sammys injury history. Besides the Bills weren't going to make it to the SB this year anyways and how many playoff games did Sammy get us too?

Id rather get value for him now. Everyone was crying when we let Jonas Jennings go into FA about how our OL sucked he was our best player, etc. despite the fact he had injury issues. He signs a stupid deal with SF and falls off the face of the earth.

We need a franchise QB more than a fragile WR. We need to build a consistent winner. Not a 10-6 team to get us to the playoffs one year and then 4-12 the next. Trading a piece that we won't be resigned for value that can help us achieve that I'm all for.

Its all about playing the odds. Beane doesn't see Sammy as a dependable player who has injury concerns that he can see the team resigning to huge money due to his history. Your of the thinking that regardless of how injury prone Sammy is you want him signed to huge money and depend on him every year because you feel the injuries are all in the past and he will be a solid stud for the next 6-10 years.

I'm more along the line of Beanes thinking. So we can all agree to disagree.

Edited by dezertbill

• 3 weeks later...

I'll take two guys who want to work together all day over a GM and HC who don't agree on anything and are trying to get the other one fired.

They can agree all night and day, but if they do not evaluate talent properly with the know-how to construct a winning team then it's all for nought.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz