McD and Beane/ Do you trust them?

I've followed this team since 1964. I've seen a lot of good and bad decisions made, and against that background I say these guys are among the most arrogant I have ever seen, legends in their own mind. They remind me of Gregg Williams, whose idea to improve the defense was to get rid of Ted Washington. So we'll see how it works out, but I will bet it will not be pretty, just as I said when they hired Rex that it was the wrong move at the wrong time.

I do not automatically disagree with coaching and managing decisions, as my history on this board would show. I am wiling to give the benefit of the doubt most of the time. I felt this way about these guys to start. But as the questionable decisions pile up, I see nothing to indicate that Opie and the Bean deserve confidence. So far it's all talk and throwing good players overboard.

We'll see how it works out. I'm thinking five wins tops, three more likely. They don't have enough draft choices to fill all the holes they are blowing in this roster.

That all sounds very pretty and understandable.

Unfortunately, it doesn't square with the fact that after 50+ years of following a football team, you can size up the initial actions of a new head coach and new GM (both from a pretty damn good franchise) -- brought in to fix 17 years of no playoffs -- and tell everyone you can't wait to cheer for their failure.

Why would any fan cheer for the failure of the new coach and GM? It makes no sense. I mean, not even as a casual half-assed observation let alone a committed plan for a new football season.

But hey...knock yourself out, I guess. Failure certainly is a very easy thing for which to cheer.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Lord, the Sammy thing again. We have no reason to believe he will make it through a season without injury, and if he did, he would never sign with the Bills for a reasonable contract. Next year, Bills would either get saddled with another albatross contract or he'll be playing for another team without any compensation.

The fallacies that keep on giving with no real rhyme or reason.

Again, he has yet to play a single down for the Buffalo Bills. Way to stack all your chips on a single player and ignore every other personnel move.

You're obviously not familiar with Vlad the Impostor and it's more than one move that has people skeptical.

The fallacies that keep on giving with no real rhyme or reason.

You clearly are not management material.

You're obviously not familiar with Vlad the Impostor and it's more than one move that has people skeptical.

Yet, you keep citing a guy who has yet to play for the Bills in the regular season.

Yet, you keep citing a guy who has yet to play for the Bills in the regular season.

Clearly I'm not because I don't agree with you. :lol: I'm citing a guy who's an NFL veteran with a lousy track record who showed nothing better at RG this preseason. Now he's supposed to magically show better when things actually get harder? Gulp...Gulp...Gulp....Ahhhhh

Clearly I'm not because I don't agree with you. :lol: I'm citing a guy who's an NFL veteran with a lousy track record who showed nothing better at RG this preseason. Now he's supposed to magically show better when things actually get harder? Gulp...Gulp...Gulp....Ahhhhh

I wonder how you do it. You are wrong in thousands of posts yet you maintain the bulldog confidence of a multiple Super Bowl winning GM. Amazing. Is it pills, psychosis?

Our new management may be first time coach and GM, but to crap all over their plan before the first regular season snap is nuts. You, me and every on this board knows nothing compared to them, but they have clearly demonstrated they have a logical plan. You may feel right about it but there is no doubt none of us have any idea what will happen over the next few years. Therefore, to go crazy is immature and just plain dumb.

I wonder how you do it. You are wrong in thousands of posts yet you maintain the bulldog confidence of a multiple Super Bowl winning GM. Amazing. Is it pills, psychosis?

Our new management may be first time coach and GM, but to crap all over their plan before the first regular season snap is nuts. You, me and every on this board knows nothing compared to them, but they have clearly demonstrated they have a logical plan. You may feel right about it but there is no doubt none of us have any idea what will happen over the next few years. Therefore, to go crazy is immature and just plain dumb.

Your personal attacks won't shield them from scrutiny or critique from me or any other fan.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Your personal attacks won't shield them from scrutiny or critique from me or any other fan.

it's hardly a person attack, just an observation. I just don't understand how fans, no matter how much they spend "watching tape" could possibly be so dug in on their opinion when coaches make decisions that have perfectly logical explanation.

it's hardly a person attack, just an observation. I just don't understand how fans, no matter how much they spend "watching tape" could possibly be so dug in on their opinion when coaches make decisions that have perfectly logical explanation.

I'll go back to my pills and psychosis while you enjoy your heaping glass of koolaid. Cheers.

You're a twitter bot no one cares about your anger

Okay. JoeCrapPack. You seem to have some kind of sad obsession. You should notice that I don't bother quoting you because you have nothing of interest or value to add. If you don't care, then ignore me as I do you.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Right, because charging NFL prices to root for future draft picks is going to make fans happy. Screwing fans is part of building a culture of winning.

Fans dont have to buy the tickets. Wont hurt the Bills they are already profitable.

Neither is going through the motions and building an aging vet to to scrap to win 6 either does it

Absolutely not. There is no depth at WR or RB or TE. They have really taken a knife to any talent outside of McCoy on this offense.

Based on what I've seen, it looks like McDermott has as much imagination as Jauron or Marrone on offense.

Two words

BARN YARD

Edited by reddogblitz

are any of us here?

wel me alittle bit . but besides that..

I'm going to officially declare Vlad as the new TBD whipping boy taking over for Chris Kelsay.

no no.

actually liked Chris alot.

the extension was foolish in it's way.

but if you have watched him play. it is concerning to me. If they do not like My Boy John.. then upgrade both of them. it could have been done by now.

3 year contract. odd at best.. and here i thought he would at least be long term serviceable back up. i don't see that