Bills trade Ronald Darby for WR Jordan Matthews, 3rd rd pick

YoloinOhio

What are you talking about? Both of these guys were #1 on their respective teams... You are saying their #1 first stringers are '1 year borderline scrub rentals'? o.O

Yes. They are both FAs after next year.

Darby > Gaines

Watkins makes Matthews look like a scrub.

This is what I mean.

Its all about the draft picks. They are gonna get a QB this draft. I get the moves. I dont like losing Darby for Gaines tho.

Edited by Marty McFly

Bills 2018 1st first round pick should be top 10, 2nd 1st round pick be in the top 20.

Bills 2018 1st 2nd round pick should be in the top 5 and 2nd second round pick be in the top 10.

Bills 2018 1st 3rd round pick be in the top 10 and 2nd second round pick be in the top 20.

CAN WE PLEASE GET A DAMN FRANCHISE QB!

If the jets are at # 1 they are not trading out.

I'm in shock because I had high hopes for both Watkins and Darby.

Obviously Beane/McD are not enamored with Watkins (his work ethic & his injury history).

These moves were all about the 2018 draft picks.

Beane's vision is all about building the Bills through the draft. The draft picks give Beane the wherewithal to build the team HIS way.

You can bet that he's looking to obtain even more draft picks via compensatory picks if he's willing to do this. He could obtain a R3 and R4 for losing Gilmore and Woods. If that happens the Bills could have the following picks for the 2018 Draft:

R1/R1/R2/R2/R3/R3/R3/R4/R4/R5/R6/R7 (12 picks 7 in the first three rounds).

Remember how the J. Johnson-led Cowboys turned around their franchise by trading H. Walker for a boatload of picks and players. Those picks netted them HOFs T. Aikman/E. Smith/M. Irvin and ultimately the SB.

The Bills now have no outside deep receiving threat, and they have a qb who specializes in the long ball.

that was a three year blip, and he at least had 2 winning seasons. I'm talking over this millennium.

They have made numerous wise decisions and numerous bad ones for quite some time.

Far better than Bills though.

I hate these trades. Although if you trade Sammy you need a decent starter. Matthews is a decent starter. I feel bad for Kyle and Shady and Tyrod though.

They have made numerous wise decisions and numerous bad ones for quite some time.

I hate these trades. Although if you trade Sammy you need a decent starter. Matthews is a decent starter. I feel bad for Kyle and Shady and Tyrod though.

Check out Matthews' injury status right now. Seriously. He's also in the final year of his contract.

You should probably watch more football.

Um ... huh? That's not an argument.

Edited by dave mcbride

I also hate these trades. Seems like terrible judgment to me, but obviously B & M think they are the smartest guys in the room. Like my sign-off quote says, "The human mind is not a dignified organ."

Edited by Dr. K

Different regime. The one in place now is good - and better than the one the Bills have. Jordan Matthews is a semi-rich man's David Nelson. He is not good, but as I say above, someone has to catch the passes, and since Nelson Aguilar can't catch, Matthews is the beneficiary by default.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-jordan-matthews-knee-issue-may-be-more-than-tendinitis

Yikes , hope trade is based on him passing a physical