Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

For those that hate this:

Did you think we were winning the SB this year with Sammy? We got value for him now to use next year.

We will have SIX picks in the first 50 next year.

Like Rubeo said earlier: we have the same # of WRs and CBs.

Oh, and Sammy just cracked a bone in his foot while signing his contract with St Louis.

Really bad owners which is a shame because they seem like good people. But they hired/retained bad GMs who were in over their heads and then let those GMs plunder their way through lost season after lost season in the NFL and NHL, and I've seen no sign that they're learning.

Again involved in another major personnel decision. No bueno. After they fail time and time again will they sell? I suppose that could be bad, but with a rabid fanbase and continued failure a power couple may develop hard feelings.

Again involved in another major personnel decision. No bueno. After they fail time and time again will they sell? I suppose that could be bad, but with a rabid fanbase and continued failure a power couple may develop hard feelings.

No that's not the issue. They were informed not involved. But they never should've sanctioned this entire program.

Did you think we were winning the SB this year with Sammy? We got value for him now to use next year.

Oh, and Sammy just cracked a bone in his foot while signing his contract with St Louis.

Six picks in the first three rounds next year.

Five picks currently on the team, from the first three rounds of each draft from 2005-2015.

What on earth gives you ANY confidence that those six picks next year aren't going to be completely wasted?

Six picks in the first three rounds next year.

Five picks currently on the team, from the first three rounds of each draft from 2005-2015.

What on earth gives you ANY confidence that those six picks next year aren't going to be completely wasted?

Sammy Watkins and Reggie Ragland, that's what the Bills get with six picks. I'm pumped

Did you think we'll win a Super with those picks or Gaines in the next 10 years or with Sammy in the next 10?

To anyone who thinks the Bills docs knew something about Sammy's foot that they were worried about, Beane would have to be a Bellichick-grade scumbag if this were true, considering that he said he counted on the Eagles docs to assure him that Matthews' knee was sound.

There were already questions on draft night about that.

Wow I'm surprised at some of the reactions.To read this board when Watkins is discussed usually would lead one to believe that SW is a relatively worthless China -doll WR with little value to the team. That he should be traded while the Bills could get at least something in return. Let me just say that Watkins was my favorite player on the team. I believe he was obviously the most talented, one of the most talented Bills in recent memory actually. So I do not like the trade, as I feel the price paid for him could only be justified with SW being a large part of a playoff caliber or better Bills team. I did not expect to see such a level of disapproval from at least a segment of a fan base that thought negatively of Watkins. Surely those fans would think getting a 2nd round pick from a team likely to be below below average in 2017 is a pretty good get. Who would give more for a soft WR whose 5th year option wasn't even exercised by his team? Perhaps there were more Watkins fans out there than I realized. I don't think the price paid to draft him was even possible to be justified for a non QB. But with that spent, I'd rather have seen the team let him play it out and see just how good he can be. I didn't want another team to be the beneficiary of this talented player in the event that his luck turns around and he stays healthy. I think this is going to be a loss for the Bills.

what has Sammy done to make him untradeable? people acting like hes a first ballot hall of famer on a perrenial super bowl winner. Hes barely been on the field for half his career games. He has a QB that rarely gets him the ball. Hes in a contract year with an injury that hobbles the best recievers mutliple times. You dont let a guy go for nothing, and u dont overpay for somebody u have no idea will earn that money. He wasnt reliable. Reliablility>potential upside. All i see here is a smart business decision.

As for Darby, he was bad for half the season last year......dunno y, dont really care, but if u dont think he "fits", and hes shown a tendency to be bad, then make the move.

These are logical moves. This league is all about what have u done for me lately?, and what are u worth? Cant fall in love with guys. Its a business.

I hated it because I think that 24 year-olds with his talent are the guys that are crucial in a rebuild. I could have understood trading Shady for example. By the time you are ready to win he will be on his last legs. By the time that you are ready to win Watkins might be a top 3 receiver.

I hated it because I think that 24 year-olds with his talent are the guys that are crucial in a rebuild. I could have understood trading Shady for example. By the time you are ready to win he will be on his last legs. By the time that you are ready to win Watkins might be a top 3 receiver.

Yup.

cept Shady produces. sure hes older, high cap number, but he produces.

cept Shady produces. sure hes older, high cap number, but he produces.

I agree and in 3 years when this team is ready to compete who is more likely to help a 32 year-old Shady or a 27 year-old Sammy? That's the point. If you are building for 2020 ish Shady won't be a part of that timeline. You might as well deal him now. Edited by Kirby Jackson