Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

TANK!!! TANK!!!! TANK!!!

THE TANK IS BACK!!!

What a massive failure Doug Whaley's time with the Bills turned out to be.

Yeah, they were able to trade the runner up for defensive rookie of the year (picked in the 2nd round) for Matthews and a 3rd. Whaley really missed on that one.

It will depend on what they could get in return. Would you trade Shady for a 1st rounder with Washington?

A RB with his contract, if they can move him for a third I'd have him on the next plane out of Buffalo. You said they are thinking 2018 and beyond, Shady equals more wins and that hurts your draft pile.

3-13 is a top 5 pick, say Shady and company get you to 7-9. That means you lose 10 slots in each 6 rounds of the draft. Those slots are worth more than the trades today.

So in itself trading Shady for a 3rd would yield more draft capital than Watkins and Darby did.

And when/if they don't I hope everyone can all finally agree on something and say this is just another WTF? moment coming from OBD.

A total WTF

Yup. But again, sucks that they're coming to this decision in August after everyone committed cash to the season

Yep Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah, they were able to trade the runner up for defensive rookie of the year (picked in the 2nd round) for Matthews and a 3rd. Whaley really missed on that one.

Greg Gabriel says Darby didn't fit McD's scheme, and CBS with no ball skills don't last too long in the NFL. The Darby move I understand more than the Watkins one.

And of course 17 years of no playoffs has nothing to do with their irrationality does it?

it absolutely does but the longer this discussion goes on, the more rational the comments have become, even from the most initially shocked and outraged of posters.

Is it? These decisions, especially Darby, could have been made earlier.

You probably could have traded Watkins before the 5th year option need to be decoded and got more for him.

Probably not. Teams needed to see he was ok to actually play. That's why he got the ball so much last night. The Bills proved he was healthy, and he was gone the next day. Wasnt going to happen before that.

Exactly the way I look at it.

The Bills can now afford to trade into the 1st overall pick in next years draft and still have a normal draft.

To me, nothing beats that

CBF

What team is going to trade the first overall pick if there's a franchise QB sitting there?

What team is going to trade the first overall pick if there's a franchise QB sitting there?

Titans?

Is it? These decisions, especially Darby, could have been made earlier.

You probably could have traded Watkins before the 5th year option need to be decoded and got more for him.

If we try to piece the behind the scenes moves that were rumored for months, it surely looks like this is the best the Bills could get.

Probably not. Teams needed to see he was ok to actually play. That's why he got the ball so much last night. The Bills proved he was healthy, and he was gone the next day. Wasnt going to happen before that.

According to Beane they weren't actively shopping him, so they weren't showcasing him at all. The Rams had been interested in Sammy going back to June, again according to Beane.

and since I can't get my way I'll take my ball and go home

OMG, is that really how you interpreted that?!?!? You cleary missed the point. Do you think that you are better off winning 7 games or 3? I think 3. If your plan is to rebuild commit to it and raise your chances of getting a top pick.