MAJBobby

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

MAJ Bobby, very good write up.

I agree with a lot of what you say. Loved seeing Sammy being targeted early. Disappointed that a pass did not go to Zay Jones, but all in due time.

Seantrel Henderson had a rough game at LT, I hope he can do a lot better, or put him at RT.

Eddie Yarbrough. Wow! Did a great job. It's only one game, but if he keeps this up he will be a valuable addition to the D-Line depth.

I did not expect to see the offense move at such a quick pace, but I agree it was great seeing them get to the line with more than 5 seconds on the play clock.

I disagree with you on Ragland. He looked alright. Yes, I know with the hype he got coming out of Alabama he should be destroying everything on the field. I just think he's going to need more time to get back into his playing mode.

T.J. Yates was uninspiring.

Nathan Peterman brought more excitement, and I was impressed by his command of the offense. I didn't expect him to run as much as he did, but he kept the drive going by doing so. He had an impressive night, although 5-6 of his passes were behind the receivers, thankfully the receivers bailed him out by catching them. That touchdown pass to Dezmin Lewis was on the money. Can Lewis finally take the next step from being a preseason star to a regular season star?

Tight Ends weren't used much, so hope we get to see more play from them.

Jonathan Williams looked fine. Running game looks great. Can't wait to see Shady again.

Penalties were a problem, although that pass interference on Elston was BS. It's only the first preseason game, so there is time to correct this problem.

Shout out to Max Valles who was putting constant pressure on the QB with the 3rd stringers. Would like to see him get more chances.

Edited by Mark Vader

He doesn't bring a whirlwind of distraction. I'd rather have RG3...

The media circus that he brings is worse for literally everyone else on the team though.

You really don't know that.

Either Tyrod can or we flame out and draft one high next year.

Curtis Painter to Andrew Luck > 2 more wins with Kaep than Peterman/Yates with 6-7 wins.

What if Tyrod is only out a game or 2, or even a couple series in critical game? Having a quality backup is very important.

Either Tyrod can or we flame out and draft one high next year.

Curtis Painter to Andrew Luck > 2 more wins with Kaep than Peterman/Yates with 6-7 wins.

W-L records are not all on the QB. Jim Kelly was 4-12 his 1st year and he wasn't a rookie

Edited by nucci

You really don't know that.

What if Tyrod is only out a game or 2, or even a couple series in critical game? Having a quality backup is very important.

They won't stop talking about the guy and he legit hasn't done an interview or tried out for a team in months. They think he's blacklisted because of his protest... no he's blacklisted from media coverage of his protest.

When is a media circus around a team a good thing...? I'm sure our new HC would love having to answer 20 questions about why CK isn't playing over Tyrod. Every presser.

They won't stop talking about the guy and he legit hasn't done an interview or tried out for a team in months. They think he's blacklisted because of his protest... no he's blacklisted from media coverage of his protest.

When is a media circus around a team a good thing...? I'm sure our new HC would love having to answer 20 questions about why CK isn't playing over Tyrod. Every presser.

I really don't think that would happen. I'd bet money that they don't ask 20 questions about it every presser.

I vote that we carry 2 QB's (Tyrod and Peterman) and utilize Logan Thomas as our emergency backup. He couldn't do much worse than Yates, could he?

Yes he can

Edited by klos63

I really don't think that would happen. I'd bet money that they don't ask 20 questions about it every presser.

Yes he can

I just dont like Yates game at all.....didnt like it much before hated it after last night

He is so Matt Cassel

Peterman came in.....had some nice throws and has better mobility to move the chains then I realized.....he should be the 2

When we signed TJ Yates, I felt it was partly to have a veteran backup but more to have a guy in the QB room who knows Dennison's offense.

And I still believe that. I don't think he'll be on the team next year. I think we're just renting him for a year to help TT learn a new scheme.

When we signed TJ Yates, I felt it was partly to have a veteran backup but more to have a guy in the QB room who knows Dennison's offense.

And I still believe that. I don't think he'll be on the team next year. I think we're just renting him for a year to help TT learn a new scheme.

Yeah i get that. But the other two QBs looked to have more control and command of the scheme better than the Veteran. Thats when it becomes a problem and a question as to why is he on the team you know?

Yeah i get that. But the other two QBs looked to have more control and command of the scheme better than the Veteran. Thats when it becomes a problem and a question as to why is he on the team you know?

Yeah, cut him and then hire him as a "QB consultant" or something?

Think if we see more of this over the next couple games Yates will be gone, but only then.