Holy crap Rob Johnson is a weasel

Johnson would have a better case if he didn't stink. He had plenty of opportunity to prove that he was worthy of being a starting QB in the NFL after he left Buffalo and failed. So, Flutie looks like the right choice in retrospect.

when i was a kid we went to training camp in Fredonia and waited for the players after practice to sign autographs. Rob Johnson walked right by us like we werent even there and hopped on a golf cart and took off without saying a word. my cousin said "what a jerk!" and John Fina was nearby signing and got really mad at him and said WHAT DID YOU SAY? but honestly he was. every single other player stayed and signed and primadona RJ was too busy apparently. got Flutie's autograph and became a Flutie fan ever since

oh i guess johnson cant say the truth? as much as i hate rj as a payer and person, what he said was true. sorry you liberals cant handle the truth and need everything to be pc. F pc and ya, i love flutie but he did have the son, and commercials, and rj has every right to point out the FACTS. Even though hes a spineless head band wearing deuchebag. Im torn, but not really, go flutie, F RJ, but his comments are factual, deal!

when i was a kid we went to training camp in Fredonia and waited for the players after practice to sign autographs. Rob Johnson walked right by us like we werent even there and hopped on a golf cart and took off without saying a word. my cousin said "what a jerk!" and John Fina was nearby signing and got really mad at him and said WHAT DID YOU SAY? but honestly he was. every single other player stayed and signed and primadona RJ was too busy apparently. got Flutie's autograph and became a Flutie fan ever since

i think you posted this before about 10 years ago, and I remember this story.

I guess actually I just think it's kind of sad that all this went down almost 20 years ago and Johnson doesn't seem to have done anything in his life in the last 20 years that would overshadow those moments.

I mean, if he'd won a Superbowl or something I can see that being overwhelmingly memorable, but a battle to be the starting QB of a mediocre franchise?

I guess actually I just think it's kind of sad that all this went down almost 20 years ago and Johnson doesn't seem to have done anything in his life in the last 20 years that would overshadow those moments.

I mean, if he'd won a Superbowl or something I can see that being overwhelmingly memorable, but a battle to be the starting QB of a mediocre franchise?

He did win a Superbowl...technically.

Those comments came off kind of petty to me.

It also seemed like Johnson is still kind of blaming everything/everyone but himself for his failure.

I mean, the guy played on what, 5 different NFL teams? 1 before he came here and 3 after he left, and then tried out for a couple more teams in the years that followed. If he was a legit NFL (starting) QB, he would have latched on somewhere.

I think sometimes the people who are always looking for excuses and trying to place the blame on others allow that mindset to negatively interfere with their lives/careers. Instead of just putting the necessary work in to better their situation, they blame others for their own shortcomings. I have no idea if that's the case with RJ, but it's just something I've observed in my life.