NFL Cuts and soon to be Cuts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ will be the #2 in Oakland I think. Dowling obviously likes him and they seem to have soured on Cook on and off the field.

GB:

....do you like this change?.....seems like a double edged sword......sure it gives 37 guys per team(1,184 in total; ) a longer look in camp.....but it then floods the streets going from 90 to 53 or the same 1,184 looking for jobs and GM's having a week to consider signing them..The "old way" put 480 on the streets initially going from 90 to 75 followed by the remaining 704 going from 75 to final 53........is it mandatory you carry 90 until Sept. 2 or can you cut guy(s) earlier that you know you're not keeping to improve their chances of hooking on somewhere earlier??.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

The owners want to move to two preseason games, but can't address it until the current CBA expires in 2021.

But don't the owners want 2 extra regular season games in lieu of getting rid of 2 preseason games?

The owners are not going to let go of lost revenue that they make by ripping off the fans of high priced tickets for meaningless games.

But don't the owners want 2 extra regular season games in lieu of getting rid of 2 preseason games?

The owners are not going to let go of lost revenue that they make by ripping off the fans of high priced tickets for meaningless games.

They do and the dance between them and the NFLPA will certainly be interesting when the next CBA is negotiated.

Yep. Only way they are losing any of the preseason is if they get regular season games

I know that Streater is a big fast guy......I am wondering if they might be looking for a Goodwin type (with more durability of course)

There is enough take top of defense speed on this roster. However always look to improve 41-53 roster spots.

@TyDunne

A quick take from Raiders camp for the Bills followers kickin' around: EJ Manuel looks good and there's a p-good chance he'll be the No. 2.

....good for him....only an a-hole (THERE ARE PLENTY) would hope the kid fails trying to fulfill his life long dream......Gannon got his 2nd chance in Raiderville, so who knows.......

I really think that even though we have Boldin we might be looking for a speed reciever

We have Sammy, Zay, and Bolden......but need a burner

We have one, Rashad Ross who ran a 4.3 forty at his pro day. http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article332102/Wide-receiver-Rashad-Ross-wants-to-show-off-his-speed-with-Chiefs.html

I still hate our LB situation. Question marks everywhere. Hope they can upgrade via the waiver wire or a trade. Best hope is P. Brown goes back to 2014 form. Lorax is more sub-package pass rushing DE than a true OLB. The rest are barely special teams quality.

....good for him....only an a-hole (THERE ARE PLENTY) would hope the kid fails trying to fulfill his life long dream......Gannon got his 2nd chance in Raiderville, so who knows.......

Agreed. What a bitter bunch of female dogs we have trashing a guy who was a complete professional here. It sucks to say but we are the 2nd worst team in the NFL at developing qbs. EJ has his issues but when is the last successful qb we have developed?

And I would bring any young qb with "potential" in to replace TJ Yates.

When the lights come on, the real reports will come out.

I'd bet money Cook ends up the #2.

Yeah, Cook light it up against the Texans! https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CookCo00/gamelog/post/

But then again, a guy who completed 55% of his passes in a 2 team Big Ten and is such a d bag that he wasn't voted captain for his senior year is a sure fire NFL stud.