Bills Contract Extentions FA Signings Jinx

AtlBills

Clay gets hammered by fans because of his Production. Well look at his QBs EJ and TT.

EJ well was bad

TT doesnt throw where Clay does his work.

Not a bad initial contract. The bad part was the restructure when there is obviously a Knee deterioration going on.

Without the restructure you could have walked away anytime after last year with no major Dead Money if that knee finally goes away. Now your tied through at least next year. (BAD decision to do the restructure)

If the QB can finally find an open Clay (was alot last year) you are gonna see his numbers get big in this system.

If NOT people will still call Clays contract bad

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CLay's contract is effectively fully guaranteed for another year or two, I think.

Two. This year and next.

Next year you can cut his 9M cap hit and gain 9M in dead $.

So not really until 2019 can you do anything with Clay (thanks to bad restructure decision)

CLay's contract is effectively fully guaranteed for another year or two, I think.

it is. Actually more than that. But his contract at least has numbers that can be worked with. 13m vs 25m in dead space over the next 2 years.

We would still be drastically worse with him off the roster.

He is by far the best TE we have had here in a long long time. He can do it all

Top 12 in the league easily. Just gotta stay healthy. I'd rather have him on the roster

this, dont understand why people want to have so much cap room. Id rather have good players. I remember the ralph is cheap days when we had 50 mil every year. While glenn, dareus, and clay have been banged up and missed time they have still played the majoritu of games. Every team has injuries

We would still be drastically worse with him off the roster.

He is by far the best TE we have had here in a long long time. He can do it all

Top 12 in the league easily. Just gotta stay healthy. I'd rather have him on the roster

As Bills fans, it is natural to talk about whether or not players are/were "good," or even "busts." After all, what are we supposed to talk about?

The thing is, Whaley used 2 1st round picks and a fourth to draft a receiver. He also gave a frequently injured "good" tight end a billion dollars. Both play on a team with quarterback issues. No matter who wins the argument, the Bills are losing and will continue to lose until this issue is solved.

McDermott cannot be as bad as Ryan. It isn't possible but grabbing that 1st round corner was more of the same as far as I am concerned.

The new administration had better do something soon if they want to keep this franchise in WNY.

All of those guys have been productive signings. So was Mario Williams, for that matter. You have to pay for the best players, and all players get dinged up. That's not a jinx, it's just the nature of the game.

This ^^^^^

All of those guys have been productive signings. So was Mario Williams, for that matter. You have to pay for the best players, and all players get dinged up. That's not a jinx, it's just the nature of the game.

stop trying to pretend like we're not dooomed

I might be going out on a limb here but the trade for McCoy and the renegotiation of his contract seems to have worked out.

Richie and Lorenzo wave hello too.

Whoa, easy. This is all academic. We're doomed. We are doooomed.

Stop that .... We can't be doomed til week 1 is over.

I might be going out on a limb here but the trade for McCoy and the renegotiation of his contract seems to have worked out.

I'm going to Carolina week 2, we have to at least remain in the hunt through week 2. We have a good shot at that lol

Haven't you been paying attention?

Week one is already over

IT'S ALREADY OVER!!!

As Bills fans, it is natural to talk about whether or not players are/were "good," or even "busts." After all, what are we supposed to talk about?

The thing is, Whaley used 2 1st round picks and a fourth to draft a receiver. He also gave a frequently injured "good" tight end a billion dollars. Both play on a team with quarterback issues. No matter who wins the argument, the Bills are losing and will continue to lose until this issue is solved.

McDermott cannot be as bad as Ryan. It isn't possible but grabbing that 1st round corner was more of the same as far as I am concerned.

The new administration had better do something soon if they want to keep this franchise in WNY.

Trading up for Sammy with EJ as our QB I agree is bad management... it takes 2 to tango

But now we have a young 24 year old Sammy with a lot to prove

Hopefully he steps up for a 1300 yard season