Tannehill down non contact injury

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can now mark down Miami for two automatic losses (odd because with Tannehill they usually gave the Pats a game and occasionally upset them): http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/07/how-has-jay-cutler-fared-against-the-patriots-not-too-well/ .

I don't think anyone thinks that they were significantly better. The flip side is that I don't think that anyone thinks Tannehill to Cutler makes them significantly worse. They are virtually the same team (depending on what happens with Landry).

I think that Cutler's talent helps his team against bad opponents. Against good opponents, though, his sloppiness tends to produce losses. Tannehill is a better player against good opponents, even if the Dolphins might not necessarily win the game. He plays more within the offensive play design and doesn't do stupid thing very often.

I think we can now mark down Miami for two automatic losses (odd because with Tannehill they usually gave the Pats a game and occasionally upset them): http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/07/how-has-jay-cutler-fared-against-the-patriots-not-too-well/ .

I think that Cutler's talent helps his team against bad opponents. Against good opponents, though, his sloppiness tends to produce losses. Tannehill is a better player against good opponents, even if the Dolphins might not necessarily win the game. He plays more within the offensive play design and doesn't do stupid thing very often.

Maybe so. My point was more that, I would be surprised if their record is much different with Cutler than Tannehill. They were going to be around .500 and still think that's the case. This move doesn't move them from 8 wins to 4 nor does it move them from 8 wins to 12.

Maybe so. My point was more that, I would be surprised if their record is much different with Cutler than Tannehill. They were going to be around .500 and still think that's the case. This move doesn't move them from 8 wins to 4 nor does it move them from 8 wins to 12.

Tannehill's teams are 37-40 when he starts, and Cutler's are 68-71. So yes, basically the same outcome.