HOF Game Thurs at 8 PM EDT NBC

ALF

im sure it is but I know I won't make the time to watch something with that many seasons. Maybe someday - but now that it's August the only thing I plan on binge watching is football. College and pro.

I finished the first season. It was alright but I'm not all that anxious to start the second

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak for yourself. Some of us have a natural disdain for anything the majority of the world thinks is amazing.

In fact, we actually go out of our way not to watch it so we're not associated with people who get all Alex Forrest over a TV show.

Change your mind, the show is fantastic

I liked most of them in college. Didn't get to see Hogan at Marian but his Combine was really good for a big lad (closest comp is Josh Gordon).

Then there's Blaine Gabbert. I just like watching someone play QB at a level that I think I could beat :D

Not after that drive :D

Rather him than Yates, championship!

I HATE when the announcers continue on with their interviews instead of announcing the damn plays...I didn't tune in to listen to random interviews that we've heard 20 times before, I tuned in to watch the game and the commentary....not have the announcer have to "butt-in" to tell a sideline reporter that something just happened.

Not after that drive :D

Rather him than Yates, championship!

Let me at that ****ty vanilla coverage scheme and marvel :D

In all seriousness, dude played nicely. I'll also give props to another guy that I've talked a lot of crap about; Robert Nkemdiche. He looks a little bigger, stronger. Looks to be getting there with reading his keys. Hopefully the light is going on for him.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Last December (2016 ) the NFL decided to hold the game on Thursday for the first time. Friday will be the day everyone gets their Hall of Fame jacket and a big party follows. Some inductees will have a post party too. Saturday is the Hall of Fame parade. Just like the Draft the NFL wanted to make it a 3 day event.

And what is the difference between the three days being Thursday, Friday and Saturday vs Friday, Saturday and Sunday as it used to be?

I guess having the meaningless game on Sunday, it was an afterthought following the Saturday inductions? Still, will people show up on Thursday to see the game or just wait to show on Friday?

I HATE when the announcers continue on with their interviews instead of announcing the damn plays...I didn't tune in to listen to random interviews that we've heard 20 times before, I tuned in to watch the game and the commentary....not have the announcer have to "butt-in" to tell a sideline reporter that something just happened.

I hate when they do that on NBA broadcasts with the head coaches following the 1st and 3rd Qtrs, especially for playoff games. They split the screen but you miss the play-by-play.

Speak for yourself. Some of us have a natural disdain for anything the majority of the world thinks is amazing.

In fact, we actually go out of our way not to watch it so we're not associated with people who get all Alex Forrest over a TV show.

Eh, I think you can miss out on a lot if you philosophically refuse to partake of something that is popular. I get the whole "we're not sheep" mentality, and I certainly don't do things just because someone tells me they're great, but what point are you trying to prove? There's no badge awarded for proudly claiming you've never watched GOT.

My wife and I just look around and find stuff we think might be interesting. We started Breaking Bad when it was already in its 4th season. GOT when it was near the end of the 3rd. We didn't start either because of their popularity -- the premise seemed interesting so we watched the first few episodes and got hooked because they're actually good shows.

Anyway, to each his own.

Edited by eball

LA is a too cool for school hipster! Who knew?

I hate that too. That's why I turn the audio off.

Eh, I think you can miss out on a lot if you philosophically refuse to partake of something that is popular. I get the whole "we're not sheep" mentality, and I certainly don't do things just because someone tells me they're great, but what point are you trying to prove?

That's a good question, and to be honest, I overstated my opinion. My disdain is not an intentional thing to prove a point, though I made it sound that way, and that was a mistake.

It's somehow just a natural part of how I react to crowds for unexplained reasons. I could no sooner be interested in standing near the Academy Awards red carpet for a peek at celebrities than wait 45 minutes in line to save $3 buying gas at Costco. Lines, crowds, pop culture...they all have become the equivalent of "Get off my lawn."

But I should know better because I can easily remember getting up Sunday mornings in the 90s, driving to the Bills Backers bar in Orlando, seeing everyone on the highway and wondering why they ALL weren't following me to what I considered to be the epicenter of the universe that day.

That's a good question, and to be honest, I overstated my opinion. My disdain is not an intentional thing to prove a point, though I made it sound that way, and that was a mistake.

It's somehow just a natural part of how I react to crowds for unexplained reasons. I could no sooner be interested in standing near the Academy Awards red carpet for a peek at celebrities than wait 45 minutes in line to save $3 buying gas at Costco. Lines, crowds, pop culture...they all have become the equivalent of "Get off my lawn."

But I should know better because I can easily remember getting up Sunday mornings in the 90s, driving to the Bills Backers bar in Orlando, seeing everyone on the highway and wondering why they ALL weren't following me to what I considered to be the epicenter of the universe that day.

Gotcha. I understand your thinking now (and agree with a good bit of it).

But you really should watch GOT. ;)

Gotcha. I understand your thinking now (and agree with a good bit of it).

But you really should watch GOT. ;)

My wife is in charge of TV in my house. If it's not football, it's mostly background noise to me, and one reason is my work and life schedule rarely permit me to stick with shows that require you to stay on top of each episode.

That's why I prefer watching The Gong Show. :unsure: