Marrone said ideally Bortles throws Zero passes in a game...

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No lead is safe in the NFL if you try your hardest to piss the game away when it's clearly already won as the Atlanta Falcons did.

That had a lot more to do with the Falcons giving the game away then the "way the passing rules are".

In fact if the Falcons did what Marrone just said he wants to do for the last 5 minutes of the game they'd be Super Bowl Champs.

yep. run the ball , kick the FG, game over.

I think Marrone is on to something. Granted, I'm an old fart and like football the way it was played back in the day. But if I were an NFL HC, I'd get the nastiest O line blockers I could find, put a couple big RBs behind them, and jam the ball down their throats. Plus a Sammy and go up top when they put ten in the box.

I agree it's a passing league based on the rules, but many teams don't have the QB to take advantage. With my plan if you average 4 yards a run you can mount long scoring drives and keep the other team's offense off the field. Think of our first Super Bowl.

Perfect synergy between the HC and his OC. Hackett can now call his patented dive play up the middle on 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd down instead of just the 1st/2nd combo he perfected in Buffalo

Perfect synergy between the HC and his OC. Hackett can now call his patented dive play up the middle on 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd down instead of just the 1st/2nd combo he perfected in Buffalo

Behind the feared guard combo of Urbik and Pears.....

Edited by GunnerBill

Behind the feared guard combo of Urbik and Pears.....

No way Saint Doug lets Urbik on the field. He will probably trade next year's entire draft for Chas Rheingould.

To be fair, Bortles has been asked to do too much in previous years imo.

Throw to the green shirts?

No lead is safe in the NFL if you try your hardest to piss the game away when it's clearly already won as the Atlanta Falcons did.

That had a lot more to do with the Falcons giving the game away then the "way the passing rules are".

In fact if the Falcons did what Marrone just said he wants to do for the last 5 minutes of the game they'd be Super Bowl Champs.

but they built that lead passing the ball.... and patriots came back passing the ball

Yep. If there was a lesson from the Superbowl it was no lead is safe when you are ideologically determined to pass every play.

That's different. They wanted to trade some points for a lot of time. Plus they were already in FG range. And the throws were stupid, not aggressive, plays that would always end up in a sack. No splitting coverages, or above the LB under the safety, or just throw it up to Julio Jones.

No defense for a perfect pass, period. NFL's been like that since Unitas. One guy with the ball can open up 70 yards around him. Everything goes right, it's a touchdown. Everything goes right on a run play, the FS trips up the ball carrier after a 7 yard gain, because the QBs in the backfield watching.

A run first offense ends up in 200 passing yards a game, and failure on the critical runs, like 3rd and short, goal line, and exposing the nickel. We should know. We've been watching it for a decade.

Really, how hard is it to throw a completion? I know it's a skill, but you're 30 and been doing it every day for your entire life.

I think Marrone is on to something. Granted, I'm an old fart and like football the way it was played back in the day. But if I were an NFL HC, I'd get the nastiest O line blockers I could find, put a couple big RBs behind them, and jam the ball down their throats. Plus a Sammy and go up top when they put ten in the box.

I agree it's a passing league based on the rules, but many teams don't have the QB to take advantage. With my plan if you average 4 yards a run you can mount long scoring drives and keep the other team's offense off the field. Think of our first Super Bowl.

so you would do exactly what the bills have been trying to do the past 17 years????? it is working really well for us

That's different. They wanted to trade some points for a lot of time. Plus they were already in FG range. And the throws were stupid, not aggressive, plays that would always end up in a sack. No splitting coverages, or above the LB under the safety, or just throw it up to Julio Jones.

No defense for a perfect pass, period. NFL's been like that since Unitas. One guy with the ball can open up 70 yards around him. Everything goes right, it's a touchdown. Everything goes right on a run play, the FS trips up the ball carrier after a 7 yard gain, because the QBs in the backfield watching.

A run first offense ends up in 200 passing yards a game, and failure on the critical runs, like 3rd and short, goal line, and exposing the nickel. We should know. We've been watching it for a decade.

Really, how hard is it to throw a completion? I know it's a skill, but you're 30 and been doing it every day for your entire life.

Pass to score, run to win. The Falcons forgot to do the second part.

Great hire Jaguars....he wants to run the ball every play...let's see how well that works in years two and three after he's had a chance to ruin the offensive line...

"Last month, when head coach Doug Marrone was asked how many times quarterback Blake Bortles would ideally throw in a game, he said 'Zero.'

That was not really a joke. 'For me, I want to run the ball every play, Marrone told reporters. I want to go back to the old way. I want to change the game.'"

Enjoy the (run up the middle, run up the middle, pass) 3 and out's Jags fans!

Oh, and the TV announcers being able to predict the next play call, because the offense is so basic (anyone else remember that from his time with the Bills?)

lol

Bottles has something like 8 pick 6's already in his career.

When Bortles is bad....he's like really bad.

Eeeyup.

Bortles isn't good, and Marrone knows it... Not sure if setting the game back 70 years will help. :lol: