Stevie Johnson in Buffalo?

He was roundly slammed as a me-first player on the radio yesterday by someone I forgot but in the know. Came to camp overweight every year, cost his team with stupid penalties and monumental drops. One of the worst hyped players in the drought. Wouldn't let him play for free, and I hope the team has the same feeling.

typical over dramatic bills fan response

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's because those 1000 yard seasons didn't mean diddly poo and he made some of the most memorable blunders during the same period of time.

I don't dislike Stevie -- he made far more of himself than was predicted and he worked hard. It's just like the worship of FredEx, though -- at the end of the day he was a good (not great) player on bad teams, and I'm not going to wax poetic and sentimental about his exploits.

I agree with you on this.

I guess I am in the minority. I really liked him. He was a baller and played tremendously above his draft status. That sort of production out of a 7th round receiver is rare.

I suspect he is washed up now, but wish him well.

He's a great 7th rounder - no doubt.

But he's not an elite talent either.

Opinions on his ability can swing wildly based on the standards you measure him against

Funny, the only WR in our history with three consecutive 1,000 plus yard seasons and everyone would rather point out the dudes faults. Give me a break.

Good points, but many times he was also the reason we lost games. Sometimes stats don't tell the entire story. Guys like Stevie Johnson are good players who have major flaws in their game. He could put up all the numbers in the world, but still cause his team to lose. Johnson was very good at times. He was also the type of player that winning teams don't have starting at reciever. Many of his big numbers were negated by the amount of errors he made. I'm willing to admit that he was a fun guy to watch. He was also very frustrating to watch at times.

Stevie is NOT coming back. He's retired. I talked this morning to his best friend from high school and asked when I saw the updated pics. Zach told me he's happily retired and enjoying spending time with his kids. He would like to sign a one day contract to officially retire a Bill but that's it. Zach told me Stevie has no intention of playing again but he also said he isn't sure why Stevie's agent changed the pics on his FB page. He's going to ask him tonight.

FWIW Zach is a solid source. He's always posting pics with Stevie and got me some autographed items from him.

That is pretty much in line with what Donald Jones (also a good friend of Stevie) has said about Stevie in the last month..

Good points, but many times he was also the reason we lost games. Sometimes stats don't tell the entire story. Guys like Stevie Johnson are good players who have major flaws in their game. He could put up all the numbers in the world, but still cause his team to lose. Johnson was very good at times. He was also the type of player that winning teams don't have starting at reciever. Many of his big numbers were negated by the amount of errors he made. I'm willing to admit that he was a fun guy to watch. He was also very frustrating to watch at times.

Yet, despite some of the high octane offenses we have had in our history not a single other pass catcher ever did that for us.

I don't know many teams that would say we can't win wth a guy who produces the way Stevie J did on those teams.

Yes, there were mistakes made, and some plays that really cost us, but in the same light, we also wouldn't have been remotely as decent without Stevie J.

......no thanks....not much to consider IMO..............

In the 2014 season Johnson posted the lowest numbers since his sophomore season, totaling 35 receptions for 435 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Johnson had a fast start to 2015, but was hampered by recurring injuries later through the season. He finished the season with 45 receptions for 497 yards and 3 touchdowns

On August 10, 2016, it was reported that Johnson would be out for the entirety of the 2016 season after having surgery to repair his meniscus

Last seen costing the Chargers a victory with a celebration penalty after a catch near the goal line late in a game. :lol::doh:

Stevie L Johnson.......values his dumb celebrations over winning......Losing is his middle name........just like that guy formerly known as cRyan L Billz.