7-27: McDermott & Beane Pressers at 4 PM ET

@BuffaloBillsPR

.@buffalobills HC Sean McDermott & GM Brandon Beane will meet with the media today at 4 PM and then hop on @WGR550 following their pressers.

@buffalobills

Buffalo Bills Retweeted Buffalo Bills PR

Watch McDermott and Beane's press conferences today LIVE on http://buffalobills.com

or your Bills Mobile App!

...man this guy runs a strict camp....we do construction work for camp set up every year and this is the first year our crews are restricted in working near the team when it is a closed practice or per McD's direction...and none of them work for the Russians...........

Since Adolphus thread got closed (for third time) -- Beane sounded like no plans to cut him

@jonahjavad

#Bills GM Brandon Beane on Adolphus Washington situation: "We'll let the situation play out but we like where we're at." #BillsCamp @WGRZ

Reading the tea leaves here: Beane's tone suggested there is no intent to cut Adolphus Washington. #Bills @WGRZ

...man this guy runs a strict camp....we do construction work for camp set up every year and this is the first year our crews are restricted in working near the team when it is a closed practice or per McD's direction...and none of them work for the Russians...........

Russians? It's the Pats you worry about. Finally, a Bills coach that gets what a den of scumbags Belichick leads.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott said the plan is to now train rookie Dion Dawkins both at left and right tackle.

1) Converted DT

2) Mid-round prospect/project to start with

3) Biggest complaint of NFL coaches regarding practice limits is the drastically increased learning curve for young OL

The obvious direction to go is to cross train him as a rookie and further increase the chances of getting nothing out of him before his rookie contract expires. :thumbsup:

Good god Beane is a breath of fresh air after listening to Whaley stumble and bumble behind the microphone.

For sure. Beane is an excellent public speaker & communicator.

I have been thoroughly impressed every time I've heard him speak. Very excited to see what him and the front office/scouting staff he put together can do.

Russians? It's the Pats you worry about. Finally, a Bills coach that gets what a den of scumbags Belichick leads.

..I actually have guys standing around getting paid and with the Bills paying for their time until McD gives the the "go ahead" for them to continue their work....NEVER happened before for us........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Sammy and Cordy Glenn both ready to roll!

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott said the plan is to now train rookie Dion Dawkins both at left and right tackle.

Interesting. At first I thought that meant maybe Glenn wasn't ready to go yet. Wonder if it's just training Dawkins to have a backup at the LT spot, or what. I can't imagine that they're thinking of moving Corey Glenn to a different spot on the line.

I'd rather have Dawkins focus on RT, since that's where he's needed most IMO (and IIRC has less experience at). But I guess it's nice to have options in case of injury (etc).

1) Converted DT

2) Mid-round prospect/project to start with

3) Biggest complaint of NFL coaches regarding practice limits is the drastically increased learning curve for young OL

The obvious direction to go is to cross train him as a rookie and further increase the chances of getting nothing out of him before his rookie contract expires. :thumbsup:

You mean SECOND ROUND prospect. I haven't heard any complaints as of yet to how he's grasping the "learning curve". He was a multi-year starter at LT in college. I think he's long since been converted

Schopp and the Bulldog to Beane: "Do you have any questions for us?"

Yeah guys, he's there to question you about your fascinating lives / jobs... o_O

In fairness they always conclude interviews with whether the guests have any questions for them. I'd like to think it's mostly sarcasm

In fairness they always conclude interviews with whether the guests have any questions for them. I'd like to think it's mostly sarcasm

More like half sarcasm / half "did we do our job all the way? Let's ask..." :beer:

Regardless, I liked what both McD and The Beane had to say!

Interesting. At first I thought that meant maybe Glenn wasn't ready to go yet. Wonder if it's just training Dawkins to have a backup at the LT spot, or what. I can't imagine that they're thinking of moving Corey Glenn to a different spot on the line.

I'd rather have Dawkins focus on RT, since that's where he's needed most IMO (and IIRC has less experience at). But I guess it's nice to have options in case of injury (etc).

It doesn't bode well for all the people who thought he was a lock as a day one starter at RT.

And, of course, the context is that Jordan Mills was arguably the league's worst RT. :doh:

More like half sarcasm / half "did we do our job all the way? Let's ask..." :beer:

Regardless, I liked what both McD and The Beane had to say!

I missed the BB press conference. McD was what I expect him to be. He doesn't give you much. He's all business all the time and I like that