Cardale traded to chargers!!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might still get nothing but he sucked and if what your saying is the truth you don't need a guy like that around the team.

Nobody keeps 4 QBs. If we put him on the practice squad & lost him, we'd get nothing. Instead we got next to nothing. A small victory.

If any of that stuff you said about him being a pain to the coaches is true, then I'm really glad he's gone.

I have no idea if some of it's actually true or not, but i have seen/heard enough reports to make me wonder if it is.

I actually just came across a quote about it in the Buffalo News article written today about the Cardale trade, which mentions some of what I was referring to -

http://buffalonews.com/2017/07/26/bills-trade-cardale-jones-chargers-conditional-draft-pick/

"Although Jones had strong support from former Bills General Manager Doug Whaley, at least one former assistant coach on the team was known to have had major questions about Jones' maturity and dedication.

The coach noted that Jones made multiple trips to his home in Northeast Ohio for personal matters, and at one point urged him to pay attention to the hard work that Taylor and former Bills backup EJ Manuel put into their preparation."

Who knows, though. Because I've also read quotes from Anthony Lynn complimenting Cardale's work ethic, so...

I knew he was on the move when Bills were looking at some unknown QB called McDade.

Completely unfair. Why don't you come up with some logical rational proof instead of some stupid comment befitting grade 4 education?

He has been more than good. Bills weren't the best but he sure as fak did more than a decent job. This was a SHYT team before he came on dude. Total BUFFALO DUNG talent. Only living on the legacy of Kelly years. TOTAL BUFFALO DUNG in terms of talent.

It's not unfair at all, not a bit. Before Whaley came on as GM, Nix (or previous GMs) had brought in Alan Branch, Mario Williams, Dareus, McKelvin, Gilmore, Kyle Williams, Kiko Alonso, Manny Lawson, Aaron Williams, Jairus Byrd, Eric Wood, Cordy Glenn, Robert Woods, Jerry Hughes, not to mention lower-level guys or guys early or late in their careers like Chris Hogan, Fred Jackson, Duke Williams, Da'Norris Searcy, Robey-Coleman, Garrison Sanborn, Moats, Stevie Johnson, Stefan Charles, Nigel Bradham, Alex Carrington and Corbin Bryant.

There's some real non-Buffalo-dung talent there. There's the basis of a terrific defense, for one thing.

Leave all those guys out and tell us about all the riches Whaley brought in. There are some, but not all that much.

He has not been "more than good," he just hasn't.

Edited by Thurman#1

I like the concept and it makes sense in a weird way it's getting it from a 7th to a 5th once you get there you have ammo

It really does...imagine working these over a period of 6 or 7 years and then every year you'd have an extra high pick...so you'd work the 2018 7th round pick up to a 2nd or 3rd in 2024 then 2019's pick you'd do the smae with for 2025, etc etc...up front you'd be losing a pick each year(or maybe not if you could trade something for one) for the first 5 or 6 years but once this was established you'd have a consistent flow of picks to trade up with so each year it would be like try and move up a round higher. This would give you a lot of flexibility draft wise over time...

The issue is the owner would probably have to force the issue because the GM would be afraid he'd never see the fruits of his labor by losing those picks up front and weakening what he can do in the immediate future to bolster the long term future...

And that 7th will be cut in about a year from now.

I don't care either way for the move, but applauding a 7th round pick for a guy we spent a 4th rounder doesn't make sense.

It does if you couldn't have done better. Because you certainly could have done worse, cutting him and getting nothing.

Now if you're talking about the combination of acquiring AND dealing Cardale, no, the whole thing doesn't look good. But you've traded for a guy, he's yours. If you can't lose him and you get something for him that's a good thing. You can't get back that 4th rounder. That was a Whaley move and shouldn't be used to judge the new regime.

Interceptions aren't often the result of an inaccurate pass it's the result of an improper read or a forced throw. Rivers forces throws into coverage all the time. His career completion percentage is 64.4% though. Peyton Manning led the league in INTs too. I don't think anyone would call him inaccurate.

:lol: What difference does it make if an improper read, or forced throw renders the pass inaccurate?

Cardale had the exact same completion percentage as Rams Starter Jared Goff... There's always a learning curve.... It makes no sense to label a rookie who's taken very few quality snaps "inaccurate" as a pro...

...sure as hell is....an egotistical move IMO.....if that is the new regime's premise, we're in for a longer, asinine haul than once thought.......there IS some pre-new regime talent on this club period....

I hear ya. Who wants yet another draft pick when you already have a Hall of Fame bound stud like Cardale Jones on your squad?

Edited by Bill from NYC

Someone find Noogie75 and lock him in a rubber room! He's officially on suicide watch!

Well, he's in the Time Out Room. Been meaning to pad that room.. It's on my ToDo list.

I wish I understood the hate here on this move. It was clearly evident from Day 1 with McDermott that this 4 game college starter isn't in the plan. Hardly -if ever- spoke his name, relegated below the water boy in OTA's & mini and now that they didn't even let him in the building for TC is proof they have no interest in him as a player. Yes, we 'trade down' from a 4th to possibly a 7th Rd pic, but that's on Whaley/Rex.

Well, he's in the Time Out Room. Been meaning to pad that room.. It's on my ToDo list.

I wish I understood the hate here on this move. It was clearly evident from Day 1 with McDermott that this 4 game college starter isn't in the plan. Hardly -if ever- spoke his name, relegated below the water boy in OTA's & mini and now that they didn't even let him in the building for TC is proof they have no interest in him as a player. Yes, we 'trade down' from a 4th to possibly a 7th Rd pic, but that's on Whaley/Rex.

I am with you Chandler it is two different regimes valuing different skill sets. Happens all the time across the NFL..... it is what it its. Doug liked big frames and big arms, Sean and Brandon seem to value smarts and quick release.

I understood the 4th round flier on Cardale because the ceiling was sky high but I always thought the chance he met it was remote. This regime doesn't have enough faith in him and his style of play to have the patience to try and could get an asset for something that in 6 weeks was likely on the street anyway. Just a common sense move.

Edited by GunnerBill

I think you're right here. One thing to add is that Lynn knows Cardale and traded for him. He probably looks at it as the same project that the Bills did a year ago. The Bills said "he's not going to make the team anyways let's get an asset."

The NFL believe African American quarterbacks are only good to be a backup at best. They want them to play running back or receiver. They don't believe in their mental capacity to play the position. If Brock Oswilder had Tyrod's production, he would be seen as a bargain with his contract. Here, Tyrod is fighting to prove himself to a organization that hasn't won in 17 years, lead by a rookie head coach and GM. Both White and didn't give him the opportunity once leaving the Ravens. They traded Cradelle because they knew if he was cut, someone would have pick him up. I guess he had value for other teams that has been more successful. We are one step closer to our next JIM KELLY.

The NFL believe African American quarterbacks are only good to be a backup at best. They want them to play running back or receiver. They don't believe in their mental capacity to play the position. If Brock Oswilder had Tyrod's production, he would be seen as a bargain with his contract. Here, Tyrod is fighting to prove himself to a organization that hasn't won in 17 years, lead by a rookie head coach and GM. Both White and didn't give him the opportunity once leaving the Ravens. They traded Cradelle because they knew if he was cut, someone would have pick him up. I guess he had value for other teams that has been more successful. We are one step closer to our next JIM KELLY.

That was pretty deep and will require a fair amount of contemplation to fully grasp. And thanks.

Russell Wilson. Cam Newton. Jameis Winston. Dak Prescott, Tyrod Taylor. In 2013 8 black stating QBS. From the past: Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, Steve McNair, Donovan McNab. Let's stop with the fake racist comments.