Cardale traded to chargers!!

I figured he had almost no chance of making the Bills roster. People were saying he was really struggling this offseason (and last, actually) + he had already fallen to 4th in the depth chart and seemed to be getting less and less reps (and from most accounts wasn't doing good when he did get reps).

I also heard (on WGR) that he supposedly wasn't putting in the necessary time at OBD or taking things seriously enough and wasn't the most willing to listen to coaches instruction (there was also that story about how he wouldn't really take the instructions from the offseason QB coach he hired, and was fighting him on the changes he wanted him to make). if true, it doesn't bode well for his chances to make it in the NFL. Hopefully getting traded so early into his career will be a bit of a wake up call for him. He's got a great arm. He just needs to work on every other aspect of being a QB. lol

I'm glad the Bills were able to at least get something for him. Better than cutting him and getting nothing.

They might still get nothing but he sucked and if what your saying is the truth you don't need a guy like that around the team.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured he had almost no chance of making the Bills roster. People were saying he was really struggling this offseason (and last, actually) + he had already fallen to 4th in the depth chart and seemed to be getting less and less reps (and from most accounts wasn't doing good when he did get reps).

I also heard (on WGR) that he supposedly wasn't putting in the necessary time at OBD or taking things seriously enough and wasn't the most willing to listen to coaches instruction (there was also that story about how he wouldn't really take the instructions from the offseason QB coach he hired, and was fighting him on the changes he wanted him to make). if true, it doesn't bode well for his chances to make it in the NFL. Hopefully getting traded so early into his career will be a bit of a wake up call for him. He's got a great arm. He just needs to work on every other aspect of being a QB. lol

I'm glad the Bills were able to at least get something for him. Better than cutting him and getting nothing.

Nobody keeps 4 QBs. If we put him on the practice squad & lost him, we'd get nothing. Instead we got next to nothing. A small victory.

If any of that stuff you said about him being a pain to the coaches is true, then I'm really glad he's gone.

@Cardale7_

Excited for the new start, can't wait to get to work @Chargers ⚡️

Big thanks to @buffalobills and #BillsMafia for showing me nothing but love & support my during my brief time with the organization

class

inb4 can't wait to be on tv for my fam!

If any one of Rex, ALynn or Whaley was still here, I think they'd have hung on to Cardale. The reality is that this an entirely new organization with new systems, vision, and direction. That just happens to have some familiar faces. Because starting talent typically translates regardless, and some of the "old Bills" players fit the new team. This is the right thing for everyone involved. He was a long shot to make the roster.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I totally understand the move, wish it was a 6th, but better something than nothing.

I will, however, always have a soft spot for the kid because of his reaction when the Bills drafted him (see link) and because

he seems like a good person (see his tweet to Buffalo upthread). I wish him success.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/cardale-jones-2016-nfl-draft-shirt-buffalo-bills

Edited by folz

I totally understand the move, wish it was a 6th, but better something than nothing.

I will, however, always have a soft spot for the kid because of his reaction when the Bills drafted him (see link) and because

he seems like a good person (see his tweet to Buffalo upthread). I wish him success.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/cardale-jones-2016-nfl-draft-shirt-buffalo-bills

he is a really good guy. Had a tough life. Hope he continues to collect an NFL paycheck, at least.

he is a really good guy. Had a tough life. Hope he continues to collect an NFL paycheck, at least.

I love Cardale. He can still be a good QB. He was always a long way from playing. I get not using the spot to continue that development but he still has a chance IMO. Getting a pick is better than nothing.

It's a good spot for him... I STILL think he can be great one day... Best wishes Cardale!!!!!

Man, it's been a rough year for your 2nd year man crushes!! Can you ease start preaching how much you like Malcolm Mitchell or some other guy entering his 2nd year? Let's curse the competition.