Cardale traded to chargers!!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to remind people what was said about Cardale last preseason. Now all of sudden he wasn't worth development.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/187763-cardale-body-language-pocket-presence-very-jim-kelly/page-5?hl=jones&do=findComment&comment=4008662

4th on Depth Chart

Another HORRIBLE OTA

Not making this team buh bye. And got something for a overdraft (though supported the taking a chance on a QB late there)

This move makes me pretty sad for a few reasons.

1. We used a 4th on Cardale last year.. so basically we're giving up a 4th round pick for a conditional 7th round pick.

2. He was only given one year.. and honestly in the pre-season he didn't look awful (I didn't get to see the last game last year).

3. He was traded to someone who knows what he is getting. Lynn observed Cardale all of last year and thought enough of him to (likely) recommend pulling the trigger on this trade to management.

It just feels like one of those Buffalo moves that ends up biting us in the ass later on. I hope not, but I definitely would not be surprised.

1. We used a 4th on Cardale last year.. so basically we're giving up a 4th round pick for a conditional 7th round pick.

2. He was only given one year.. and honestly in the pre-season he didn't look awful (I didn't get to see the last game last year).

3. He was traded to someone who knows what he is getting. Lynn observed Cardale all of last year and thought enough of him to (likely) recommend pulling the trigger on this trade to management.

It just feels like one of those Buffalo moves that ends up biting us in the ass later on. I hope not, but I definitely would not be surprised.

Yeah likes him so much to pony up a 7th either this year or next. Blah turn him into a TE if you want to get any production from him.

The "we gotta take shots on a QB" folks and the "we wasted a pick on a guy who didn't cut it so we suck" people should be a PPV cage match. Mostly chubby guys wheezing in the first 30 seconds. I just might pay for that.

Oh wait, some of them might be out there all alone.....

Edited by Augie

Someone find Noogie75 and lock him in a rubber room! He's officially on suicide watch!

don't worry. he's here as buffalobud420.

Cardale probably just make McDermott look even smaller. That's why they traded him.

so sad!

I think fans tend to like potentially high ceiling players and Cardale certainly from a physical standpoint fit the bill. But I will take what the new Regime's word was when they took over when they said that they were going to evaluate each player before the season began and adjust their rosters accordingly. They drafted Peterman, they evaluated Cardale and made the calculation that Peterman would be a better fit for what they are trying to do. That's the bottom line.

i'd be wildly surprised if the move came back to, "bite us in the ass later on". he just wasn't that good.

I figured he had almost no chance of making the Bills roster. People were saying he was really struggling this offseason (and last, actually) + he had already fallen to 4th in the depth chart and seemed to be getting less and less reps (and from most accounts wasn't doing good when he did get reps).

I also heard (on WGR) that he supposedly wasn't putting in the necessary time at OBD or taking things seriously enough and wasn't the most willing to listen to coaches instruction (there was also that story about how he wouldn't really take the instructions from the offseason QB coach he hired, and was fighting him on the changes he wanted him to make). if true, it doesn't bode well for his chances to make it in the NFL. Hopefully getting traded so early into his career will be a bit of a wake up call for him. He's got a great arm. He just needs to work on every other aspect of being a QB. lol

I'm glad the Bills were able to at least get something for him. Better than cutting him and getting nothing.