YoloinOhio

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The choice of bread makes a sandwich

Beef vindaloo(very hot, preferably)

Basmati Rice

Naan (Costco toaster-size naan is awesome and made in Ontario so kinda' local)

or

grilled chicken

sriracha

Naan

Cuban sandwich from Berghoff in Chicago is a great restaurant sandwich. Earl of Sandwich original is a good one too. Both have airport locations and are very travel friendly having been pressed.

The choice of bread makes a sandwich

Beef vindaloo(very hot, preferably)

Basmati Rice

Naan (Costco toaster-size naan is awesome and made in Ontario so kinda' local)

or

grilled chicken

sriracha

Naan

Cuban sandwich from Berghoff in Chicago is a great restaurant sandwich. Earl of Sandwich original is a good one too. Both have airport locations and are very travel friendly having been pressed.

Mueller's Deli on Bailey Ave near UB (long gone). Kauffman rye, corned beef, smoked mozzarella and spicy brown. Huge sandwich - enough for me and the girlfriend (still wife).

Also went to Rudy's for BBQ, which was great. Didn't try the more famous Austin BBQ spots with the long waits because my sister and her friends said they weren't that much better than rudy's.

I very rarely go to the more famous barbecue places for exactly that reason. Nothing makes a long wait even more miserable than 104 degree weather to stand in line in. I get Rudy's regularly - once every week or two I have GrubHub deliver a load of pork ribs, chicken, and 'nanner puddin'.

Next time you're in the area and have a little extra time, give me a holler and we'll enjoy some tasty margaritas. :beer:

I love me some Korean Tacos (and no, this isn't some code word for Asian women :D)

:lol:

Was just down in Austin visiting my sister. Had some very good breakfast tacos at Veracruz food truck. And some

Mean kolaches at a truck called kerlin BBQ. You ever been there?

Also went to Rudy's for BBQ, which was great. Didn't try the more famous Austin BBQ spots with the long waits because my sister and her friends said they weren't that much better than rudy's.

I strongly disagree. Rudy's has good brisket but the best in Austin blow Rudy's away.

1. You can pre-order at La Barbecue and Franklin's a week in advance. Show up, skip the 2-3 hour line and grab your lunch. Franklin's has a 5lb minimum order I believe. La BBQ has no minimum orders and your order is hand cut when you show up. La BBQ has free beer for those waiting in line too.

2. Micklethwait's is on par with La Barbecue and the wait there was about 20 mins at peak time on a Sunday when I last visited.

I strongly disagree. Rudy's has good brisket but the best in Austin blow Rudy's away.

1. You can pre-order at La Barbecue and Franklin's a week in advance. Show up, skip the 2-3 hour line and grab your lunch. Franklin's has a 5lb minimum order I believe. La BBQ has no minimum orders and your order is hand cut when you show up. La BBQ has free beer for those waiting in line too.

2. Micklethwait's is on par with La Barbecue and the wait there was about 20 mins at peak time on a Sunday when I last visited.

We used to live near an Italian place that had free wine while you waited for your table. I was often disappointed to get seated!

Was just down in Austin visiting my sister. Had some very good breakfast tacos at Veracruz food truck. And some

Mean kolaches at a truck called kerlin BBQ. You ever been there?

Haha I think Rudy's brisket and sausage are terrible. :) But I'm glad you loved it! Never tried Kerlin BBQ, but I do like Veracruz.

Next time downtown, check out Terry Black's BBQ on Barton Springs. No lines and a tremendous experience. Cooper's on 2nd is good too. My favorite is Louie Mueller's but it's a bit of a drive.

Edited by Chilly

Observed at a Subway this afternoon (yeah yeah I know Subway yuck, but we we were running late and it was close)

Subway employee making their own sandwich. Foot long with two of the "egg" patties, four sausage patties, and globs of siracha

My cholesterol spiked just watching that

Observed at a Subway this afternoon (yeah yeah I know Subway yuck, but we we were running late and it was close)

Subway employee making their own sandwich. Foot long with two of the "egg" patties, four sausage patties, and globs of siracha

My cholesterol spiked just watching that

You proved me theory on subway. No one goes there willingly. The only time you go there is when it is raining or you're late and it is really close.

You proved me theory on subway. No one goes there willingly. The only time you go there is when it is raining or you're late and it is really close.

One of the schools I serve is in the middle of nowhere up in the mountains...cell phones don't even get service. Usually I pack something to eat for lunch, but when I forget the only thing that's out there is a grimy gas station Subway. Barf...

One of the schools I serve is in the middle of nowhere up in the mountains...cell phones don't even get service. Usually I pack something to eat for lunch, but when I forget the only thing that's out there is a grimy gas station Subway. Barf...

Haha. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten off a highway in the middle of nowhere and the only place around is a subway/ gas station combo. Subway has the market cornered on necessity.