Describe your favorite Sandwich

YoloinOhio

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NeckBeard

Meatball sub from Viola's in Niagara Falls. Glaring consistency, since 1970s, and incredibly delicious.

Liversausage, fried in butter on jewish ry bread with fresh cut red onion, a piece of american cheese and extra mustard. With a cold Genesee light there is nothing better

Wow! Really, totally right! I used to work in the Deli @ Dubel's (my first job). I probably made that for you!

Fry's natural casing liverwurst was the best. I was going to say earlier:

Thick slice of liverwurst w/thin slice of onion on a Kaiser roll... Some Weber's mustard. Heaven!

Buffalo Chicken Wrap:

Good quality warm flour tortilla

Maries blue cheese dressing spread on open tortilla

Fresh diced tomato

Fresh chopped romaine lettuce

Deep fried breaded chicken fingers (grilled is an acceptable option), chopped into bite sized chunks and spread evenly

liberal use of Franks red hot sauce

roll tightly

slice in half and serve with Cape Cod Reduced fat chips

My friend introduced me to her version of "The Danwich":

Flour tortilla

Lather it with garlic hummus

Add sliced boneless tenders (fried/frozen from Tyson)

Nail it with a liberal amount of Frank's

Add French fries

Top with sliced mozzarella

Wrap that mother!@#$er up

Throw it in the oven at 400 until heated through

House it.

Pork-sket sandwich from Dinosaur BBQ

Brisket and Pulled pork with jalapenos and melted cheese topped with coleslaw

When im in the mood for a bbq sandwich

This sounds so effing good.

When I was growing up my favorite sandwich was a wish sandwich. That is you take 2 pieces of bread, put the condiment of your choice on, slap it together & wish you had some meat.

Did you eat it whilst walking uphill to school? Or walking uphill from school?

Speaking of subs... Try and find a "Royal" sub outside the Northeast... BFLo... You think it would gain traction:

Roz's Pizzeria in S Cheektowaga/W.Seneca puts the best spin on a Royal sub w/their "Big Roz"

https://www.zomato.com/buffalo/rozs-pizzeria-cheektowaga/menu

How hard is it to find an Italian sausage w/cappicola and assorted cold cuts outside the area... Simply non-existant to my knowledge.

Perhaps it is because people outside of WNY actually care about their cholesterol.

pulled pork shoulder that's been in the crock pot about 6 hrs. saute a big mound of broccoli rabe and diced garlic in oil until it cooks all the way down (takes awhile to do it right) and then mix the pork in.

stuff as much of this mixture as you can into the best sub roll you can get- don't forget a slice or two of provolone. you're welcome.

Edited by jester43

pulled pork shoulder that's been in the crock pot about 6 hrs. saute a big mound of broccoli rabe and diced garlic in oil until it cooks all the way down (takes awhile to do it right) and then mix the pork in.

stuff as much of this mixture as you can into the best sub roll you can get- don't forget a slice or two of provolone. you're welcome.

this.

You want some mother !@#$ing awesome cheese curd, order from here....

http://colosse.com/product-category/cheese-curd/

It's a small cheese shop where I grew up, I love it. Nothing I've ever found in any other store compares.

Have you tried Cuba Cheese?

and if someone needs to put pictures on a webpage to show your curd, don't use the same photo for every one. What's the point really?

Edited by 145B4IDIE

Yes, indeed I am. That place is a long way from me (South 1st & Ben White) but I will definitely make it a point to give it try - thanks!

Good stuff to be sure! I think they used Castanzo's rolls, which makes all the difference IMO. :beer:

The one I've heard a ton about but haven't tried yet but near downtown is Way South Philly: https://www.yelp.com/biz/way-south-philly-austin