Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

...not sure what else to say bud.....2017 is "IT".....the promised land awaits with the right people...............

you know I don't get high or low.

But this is a nice buzz Beane and Sean got going for us.

Easy for me to look forward to some decent Football from the Bills based upon the culture shifting post Rex

tape over the old T.O. Jerseys

Holmes switched #s, Eh?

looks like respect is due.

Good memory Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not overreact to the Boldin signing. He's a nice 1 year, low risk, veteran depth signing. If he has nothing left in the tank, his salary isn't prohibitive and he is a veteran presence in the locker room and on the sideline. If he has a little bit left, even better. He can help make a few first downs and catch some balls in the red zone. No need for major excitement nor for alarm about the direction of the franchise.

The depth/experience combo is big at this point, IMO.

And $2.75M plus incentives is a fair chunk of change at this point........it's not the typical $1M that only counts about $600K toward the cap.

Obviously the Sammy influence factor is big for me..........they gotta' find a way to get Sammy to reach his potential to justify keeping him........been a recent history of huge Bills draft investments/elite talent going elsewhere when still very young and raising their game to new levels......see Lynch and Peters and even Lil' Donte found his groove in SF.

But another added plus to me is the overall leadership depth chart changes and I think possibly some synergy is gained in that particular dynamic.

The starters on this team are a pretty old by NFL standards.......but while those guys should bring a sense of urgency and focus......most of the older players are from perennial losers like Kyle Williams, Eric Wood, Incognito, Lorax etc........or guys who have played very poorly in the playoffs like McCoy........they all fit better as secondary leadership.......which they now have an abundance of.

Guys like Boldin and Tolbert have been in SB's recently........Boldin has starred in the playoffs.......I think he's an important addition and support piece.

Edited by #BADOL

He's signing with Miami to be Cutler's new favorite target. :rolleyes:

@sn_nfl

Calvin Johnson at Dolphins camp, but he's still retired http://dlvr.it/PcTWLd

I like idea Cutter is throwing to sideline then field. Hope he gets lots of practice at that and can do it in games a lot.

This is correct. If Megatron unretired, he would still be under contract with the Lions; any team that wanted him would have to pony up some draft picks for his services.

It depends. If he planned it right he could do an Orton and unretire forcing Lions to release him because they could not afford him.

I like idea Cutter is throwing to sideline then field. Hope he gets lots of practice at that and can do it in games a lot.

It depends. If he planned it right he could do an Orton and unretire forcing Lions to release him because they could not afford him.

When he recently mentioned that he quit because of the Lions futility..........the Lions promptly offered to re-instate him......basically a reminder that he's playing in Detroit or not playing.

So they've been prepared for this possibility.

They both are top 10 run blockers, at this point in their careers Woods is the better player. Woods was open on a lot of plays, Taylor didn't throw you the ball unless you were wide open. If Woods went to the Packers or the Lions he would've put up 80 1100 8 easy. I still think he will get close to those numbers even being on the Rams.

Coulda woulda shoulda... I love Bobby Woods, but until he does it, I don't want to hear he's better than Boldin.

The depth/experience combo is big at this point, IMO.

And $2.75M plus incentives is a fair chunk of change at this point........it's not the typical $1M that only counts about $600K toward the cap.

Obviously the Sammy influence factor is big for me..........they gotta' find a way to get Sammy to reach his potential to justify keeping him........been a recent history of huge Bills draft investments/elite talent going elsewhere when still very young and raising their game to new levels......see Lynch and Peters and even Lil' Donte found his groove in SF.

But another added plus to me is the overall leadership depth chart changes and I think possibly some synergy is gained in that particular dynamic.

The starters on this team are a pretty old by NFL standards.......but while those guys should bring a sense of urgency and focus......most of the older players are from perennial losers like Kyle Williams, Eric Wood, Incognito, Lorax etc........or guys who have played very poorly in the playoffs like McCoy........they all fit better as secondary leadership.......which they now have an abundance of.

Guys like Boldin and Tolbert have been in SB's recently........Boldin has starred in the playoffs.......I think he's an important addition and support piece.

Donte was more like along for the ride surrounded by great talent on defense...

Donte was more like along for the ride surrounded by great talent on defense...

True.....he was a toady standing behind the bullies in SF........but he was bordering on awful in Buffalo so he took a huge step up. The year after he cost them the SB he really played well. :thumbsup:

Lynch and Peters basically became HOF'ers.

The common thread were very young guys brought into a bad situation in Buffalo.

Hard drafting barely 20 year olds into a situation like the Bills had........hence their recent struggles with Sammy and Dareus, IMO.

Seems like Sammy is making strides wrt maturity this summer.......hopefully we get to see the best of he and Dareus from here on out.

True.....he was a toady standing behind the bullies in SF........but he was bordering on awful in Buffalo so he took a huge step up. The year after he cost them the SB he really played well. :thumbsup:

Lynch and Peters basically became HOF'ers.

The common thread were very young guys brought into a bad situation in Buffalo.

Hard drafting barely 20 year olds into a situation like the Bills had........hence their recent struggles with Sammy and Dareus, IMO.

Seems like Sammy is making strides wrt maturity this summer.......hopefully we get to see the best of he and Dareus from here on out.

Peters was absolutely dominate while here, he didn't become it after he left.

What's puzzling about adding a guy of this caliber at a low cost who excels as a slot receiver?

I'd rather give playing time to young WRs and develop them.

Although having an all-pro vet to mentor them is a great idea as well. I think that's what's been lacking for Watkins all these years.

I'd rather give playing time to young WRs and develop them.

Although having an all-pro vet to mentor them is a great idea as well. I think that's what's been lacking for Watkins all these years.

Like who other than Zay Jones?

Peters was absolutely dominate while here, he didn't become it after he left.

He took it to another level........so yeah, he did.

I think he gave up 10 or 11 sacks his last year in Buffalo.......it was rougher than you recall.

In Philly he became.......as Andy Reid said........"the Peyton Manning of left tackles".........consistently dominant.

Like who other than Zay Jones?

Walt Powell must be.

I hope the Walt Powell experiment ends soon........they fed that guy like he was DeAndre Hopkins II last preseason and he just simply couldn't make big plays against other teams scrubs.........kept waiting for it........but he just didn't have it in him.

Yeah but the difference was Orton wasn't a pro-bowl QB I think the Lions would be willing to take a chance on Johnson and bring him back.