Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

@WGR550

Boldin - There's a sense of comfort having played with Taylor

Boldin - Once I'm committed, I'm all in

Boldin - I don't have anything to prove, it's about leaving a legacy... I'm also playing to win another championship.

Boldin - Can't make anybody do anything, can only share my experiences

@SalSports

Boldin says he has connections to area. Says he has family in Buffalo & Rochester. Also his grandfather was a pro boxer. Trained in Syracuse

@WGR550

Boldin - If I can help a guy be the best he can be, I'm all for it

@buffalobills

"I think this team is close. There's a lot of experts that are wrong every year. I'm here to try and win a championship."

DGu6WGRUMAAv5ts.jpg

Be careful Q, you'll be accused of being in the CoT. :lol:

@viccarucci

Boldin on Tyrod Taylor: "He's definitely more of a leader. It wasn't his show in Baltimore. This is his team." #Bills

@lilboon

Boldin also added that the veteran leader role is "something that is sometimes missing in this league." #Bills

He said that some ppl look at it as taking food from another man's family. He looks at it as helping teammates, which helps the team. #Bills

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there still any naysayers out there who believe Boldin only signed here for the $$, and his comments about the team/wanting to win another championship are b.s.?

...doesn't sound like he read the USA TODAY 4-12 prognostication.......OR...like me, he doesn't give a rat's azz about USA Today................

@JaySkurski

[bN] Blitz: #Bills receivers say they'll soak up all the knowledge they can out of their newest teammate.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/08/even-though-hell-take-one-jobs-bills-receivers-happy-anquan-boldin-aboard/

...still shocking the Ravens weren't in the mix with their corp banged up and him being a former Raven.....oh well, maybe the tide has turned in favor of Buffalo.... stay tuned............

Are there still any naysayers out there who believe Boldin only signed here for the $$, and his comments about the team/wanting to win another championship are b.s.?

Yes, here.

Most players go where the money is, with team second. Nothing wrong with that, but if I'm Boldin and I don't have a clear spot on say, the Patriots, then yes, take the best paying gig.

Yes, here.

Most players go where the money is, with team second. Nothing wrong with that, but if I'm Boldin and I don't have a clear spot on say, the Patriots, then yes, take the best paying gig.

I wonder what fans expect him to say, "I'm just glad to be a part of an upcoming 8-8 season?" His quotes are standard FA lip service. Spending 14 years in the league doesn't just polish your route-running, it also makes you very savvy in front of the media. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a smart signing by our FO, but he was a FA in August - we weren't his #1 destination all along.

I don't get the Lofton comparisons. Boldin plays with a violence that few WRs can match - I still can't believe he continued his career after that hit in the endzone in the Meadowlands. Lofton didn't take nearly the beating in his entire career that Boldin takes year in, year out.

The Lofton comparisons are because both are veteran WRs who signed with the Bills at the tail ends of their careers. That's it. It has nothing to do with speed, toughness, route running, style of play, etc. I can't speak for others, but the comment in my post on this topic started with "I know they play different styles..."

I believe that I also said somewhere that I would be thrilled to see Boldin have the kind of success that Lofton had. Lofton, in my opinion, was very successful in his stint with the Bills. He was a very productive contributor that made a lot of positive plays for the team.

Based on what has come out so far, Boldin is already making a positive contribution, which is fantastic.

Edited by msw2112

....Spectrum/TWC quotes about Boldin signing.....money well spent IMO.........

Quarterback Tyrod Taylor said the last time he connected with the veteran wideout was as a Baltimore Raven, warming up before Super Bowl 47.

"He's definitely light-years ahead of where he was when he was in Baltimore," Boldin said of the Bills' No. 1 quarterback. "He’s definitely more of a leader, his confidence is a lot higher. Not saying that he didn’t have it in Baltimore, but it wasn’t his show in Baltimore. This is his team and he’s taken that upon his shoulders.​"

Boldin was signed to produce on the field but also as veteran influence for young wide receivers like Sammy Watkins and Zay Jones.

"Phenomenal player, in my opinion going to be a Hall-of-Fame player, so having someone like that, everything," said Jones, a rookie from East Carolina. "Soak up everything.

"He just told us you’re not always going to feel the best in training camp, you’re going to be sore sometimes, you have to press through, and truly carry yourself like a professional. This is just day one with him, so fortunate to have someone like that.​"

"Most of all, his savviness. He don't have the speed, he's of age, so he has to be physical coming in and out of routes, and most of his game is bullying and that's what I'm trying to incorporate into my play," Watkins said, "so just to get back to being physical."

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

@PrescottRossi

It's only been one day, but @AnquanBoldin is fitting in perfectly with the Buffalo Bills. More from Boldin here: http://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/nfl/nfl-buffalo/boldin-eager-to-bring-veteran-leadership-to-bills/785611945

..wait 'til he drops a sure fire TD in practice and the "One 'N Done" cut 'em crowd comes trolling....stay tuned..........

....Spectrum/TWC quotes about Boldin signing.....money well spent IMO.........

Quarterback Tyrod Taylor said the last time he connected with the veteran wideout was as a Baltimore Raven, warming up before Super Bowl 47.

"He's definitely light-years ahead of where he was when he was in Baltimore," Boldin said of the Bills' No. 1 quarterback. "He’s definitely more of a leader, his confidence is a lot higher. Not saying that he didn’t have it in Baltimore, but it wasn’t his show in Baltimore. This is his team and he’s taken that upon his shoulders.​"

Boldin was signed to produce on the field but also as veteran influence for young wide receivers like Sammy Watkins and Zay Jones.

"Phenomenal player, in my opinion going to be a Hall-of-Fame player, so having someone like that, everything," said Jones, a rookie from East Carolina. "Soak up everything.

"He just told us you’re not always going to feel the best in training camp, you’re going to be sore sometimes, you have to press through, and truly carry yourself like a professional. This is just day one with him, so fortunate to have someone like that.​"

"Most of all, his savviness. He don't have the speed, he's of age, so he has to be physical coming in and out of routes, and most of his game is bullying and that's what I'm trying to incorporate into my play," Watkins said, "so just to get back to being physical."

We can already see what the veteran Boldin can do by way of improving the Dennison WC O in one day of practice.