Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

Sat out practice today with a boo-boo foot. McD said they are "concerned" but at least one national reporter (Rapaport I think) tweeted that it's not a big deal, they just want him ready for the regular season.

I think it means we see very little of Glenn during the preseason games.

ScottLaw's head is imploding because we didn't keep the naked guy for depth.

Wait.........the last time you weighed in on Cordy Glenn's health your second opinion was that there was nothing wrong with his kidney and that the reports to the contrary were a gotdamn lie!

Then.......he had to have the kidney removed.

You might be a quack. :flirt:

Just sayin'.......

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait.........the last time you weighed in on Cordy Glenn's health your second opinion was that there was nothing wrong with his kidney and that the reports to the contrary were a gotdamn lie!

Then.......he had to have the kidney removed.

You might be a quack. :flirt:

Just sayin'.......

No diagnosis here, just answering the man's question.

It's not just RB.......depth at QB, DE, WR, S looks quite poor.......TJ Yates.....aka "hobo withOUT a shotgun" as your #2 QB........sheesh. That is Curtis Painter-esque.

I disagree about Yates. I know Texans fans that wished they kept him and even gave him a starting role. Yates is very studious and will know the playbook better than any other player on the team. He knows how to run an offense. He has his limitation but his ability to know the playbook is exactly what you want out of a backup QB. He may not win you many games but he will keep the team in it and not lose you games. I compare him to a Matt Moore more than Painter.

SI even ranks the Bills backup QB 7th among backup QBs. Thats pretty good.

"Lack of depth" is a straw man argument to support those with pessimistic forecasts for the season. Nothing more. Training camp and preseason are for building/developing depth. You can look at every team in the league and pick multiple positions at which they would be "concerned" if starters missed significant time.

So you aren't saying the Bills might have adequate depth to not suffer a big setback with normal injuries? What are you saying then?

Not sure you understand what a straw man argument is..........people like Scott, Kirby and myself have expressed concern about the lack of decent depth and it's potential impact..........we are creating/initiating the argument.......not responding to it with something out of left field.

The response argument seems to be along the lines of......"well Bills management knows better".........because, you know, their plans never blow up in their face due to foreseeable flaws in them. :rolleyes:

I disagree about Yates. I know Texans fans that wished they kept him and even gave him a starting role. Yates is very studious and will know the playbook better than any other player on the team. He knows how to run an offense. He has his limitation but his ability to know the playbook is exactly what you want out of a backup QB. He may not win you many games but he will keep the team in it and not lose you games. I compare him to a Matt Moore more than Painter.

I disagree.

He's Kelly Holcomb light.

And Holcomb had his day........he once threw for 400 yards in a playoff game.........but in any kind of prolonged exposure he was and Yates is a scrub with a low ceiling.

The response argument seems to be along the lines of......"well Bills management knows better".........because, you know, their plans never blow up in their face due to foreseeable flaws in them. :rolleyes:

I love connecting all previous regimes to the current

Sat out practice today with a boo-boo foot. McD said they are "concerned" but at least one national reporter (Rapaport I think) tweeted that it's not a big deal, they just want him ready for the regular season.

I think it means we see very little of Glenn during the preseason games.

ScottLaw's head is imploding because we didn't keep the naked guy for depth.

Good deal, thx.

Sitting out is fine with me.

Yates stinks.

I love connecting all previous regimes to the current

One thing about changing regimes so often is that it's easy to identify the mistakes they repeat.

Coming into year 1 with an unnecessarily weak roster is the common thread between all.

Rex was the only new coach since Wade to get a healthy boost of talent to help back up his tone setting initial season.........but he made the mistake of spending his cash on the first things that caught his eye like a fat kid in a candy store.........and forgetting what he said when he first arrived........that he NEEDED a NT and a big #2 option a WR.

One thing about changing regimes so often is that it's easy to identify the mistakes they repeat.

Coming into year 1 with an unnecessarily weak roster is the common thread between all.

Rex was the only new coach since Wade to get a healthy boost of talent to help back up his tone setting initial season.........but he made the mistake of spending his cash on the first things that caught his eye like a fat kid in a candy store.........and forgetting what he said when he first arrived........that he NEEDED a NT and a big #2 option a WR.

What mistakes have the current regime made?

Those are really the only ones I care about...:)

i think you could argue FA priorities. Aggressively targeting bad players like Ducasse so early was odd, to say the least.

Dont you think complaining about players like ducasse is nitpicking a bit? We have a incombant starter....then you have other players that are gonna make the team that can play that position like groy

As far as free agent priorities.....probably the biggest one was Micah Hyde....who to say the least looks like he is gonna be a important player......are you complaining about Holmes? They did in fact draft in that area and already have a number 1 WR

They resigned a pro bowl LB....and got a promsing LB for cheap by being patient

Where exactly did they make a mistake (I mean we dont really know yet but still)