Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

I would suggest Zay would be a better fit outside once acclimated. Boldin might better work the slot with his ability to find the seams in zones and all the other things a savvy vet can offer.

I could them moving receivers around alot this year presnap. Or at least switching up who is in X,Y,Z.

Agreed on bringing Anquan in, no doubt !

Agreed.

This Kid Shorts might be our speed guy along with C Brown.

It's early but i am kinda stoked about the receivers if we bring one solid vet in.

Are Boldin and Holmes redundant ?

I don't see Boldin and Holmes as redundant because as you suggest receivers move around. Also you need 4 receivers not including TE's to contribute. With Boldin I would expect those 4 to be Sammy, Boldin, Holmes and Zay. I think Boldin takes huge pressure off of Holmes and in 4 WR sets they should benefit from each other and create issues for the defense.

For so long Buffalo just isn't used to a QB throwing for 3,500-4,000 yds - and I'd argue we just have not had the talent at WR to accomplish that despite of how someone feels about our QB's.

Maclin would have been huge and I hope he just didn't pick us vs not wanting to pay the money. Boldin is a very nice consolation prize this late and IMO should not be in the discussion of hindering any other receiver. Again, I think it's just because we haven't seen a passing attack in so long we don't know how to embrace it - we see it as cluttering the position and not letting young or FA options prosper.

To pass you need 3 viable WR options, one that contributes in key moments, a TE and a RB that catches.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to think that the staff is evaluating the first 4 practices and have a day off tomorrow to tweak the roster if they feel the need. Sounds like Holmes is a bit of a disappointment. But Streater and Shorts are surprising. It also sounds like the TE's are holding their own so far. I'd still like to add Anquan

I have to think that the staff is evaluating the first 4 practices and have a day off tomorrow to tweak the roster if they feel the need. Sounds like Holmes is a bit of a disappointment. But Streater and Shorts are surprising. It also sounds like the TE's are holding their own so far. I'd still like to add Anquan

Should know this week.

I don't see Boldin and Holmes as redundant because as you suggest receivers move around. Also you need 4 receivers not including TE's to contribute. With Boldin I would expect those 4 to be Sammy, Boldin, Holmes and Zay. I think Boldin takes huge pressure off of Holmes and in 4 WR sets they should benefit from each other and create issues for the defense.

For so long Buffalo just isn't used to a QB throwing for 3,500-4,000 yds - and I'd argue we just have not had the talent at WR to accomplish that despite of how someone feels about our QB's.

Maclin would have been huge and I hope he just didn't pick us vs not wanting to pay the money. Boldin is a very nice consolation prize this late and IMO should not be in the discussion of hindering any other receiver. Again, I think it's just because we haven't seen a passing attack in so long we don't know how to embrace it - we see it as cluttering the position and not letting young or FA options prosper.

To pass you need 3 viable WR options, one that contributes in key moments, a TE and a RB that catches.

I very much appreciate you thinking on this query and responding thoughtfully !

And Paul Costa reflects some of my hopes as well.

Maintaining some hope for a couple of the new fellows wearing Bills Unis, after Watkins, Zay and Holmes.

Heck Corey Brown might start showing his over the top skills in preseason.

Tyrod needs to show some love to all the newbies

...the longer he waits, the less interested he is UNLESS the talk is $$$.....give the kids in camp a shot IMO..........

Yeah, that's a real possibility. On the other hand, maybe he's a vet who just wants to save his old legs for a while. I'd love to have him in Bills uniform. I worry about depth across this roster in general.

Yeah, that's a real possibility. On the other hand, maybe he's a vet who just wants to save his old legs for a while. I'd love to have him in Bills uniform. I worry about depth across this roster in general.

...IF a roster kid shows promise and could benefit the club potentially long term, think I'd roll the dice with that spot versus an aging one year rental...just my opinion.............

...IF a roster kid shows promise and could benefit the club potentially long term, think I'd roll the dice with that spot versus an aging one year rental...just my opinion.............

I don't disagree at all, I just think there will be room for both. I doubt we have a herd of ultra promising young guys.

I dunno, more looking at it as Boldin in-Holmes out. Still would love to see Shorts, Powell, and/or Lewis grab a spot or two with Boldin on the roster.

Whoever we let go will put up 1,000 yards and 12 TD's with the Cheats. :(

I don't disagree at all, I just think there will be room for both. I doubt we have a herd of ultra promising young guys.

Whoever we let go will put up 1,000 yards and 12 TD's with the Cheats. :(

.....I'm probably prejudiced, but I want ALL of the kids to make it which is obviously unrealistic.....I was temporarily living at a Cleveland Marriott after my late wife's double lung transplant only to lose her to an egregious hospital accident...ironically, this was the same hotel that the Browns used for minis, OTA's, tryouts, etc.....I was privileged to meet a ton of these guys and they were the best..as polite and honorable as you could imagine...everything was "yes sir..no sir" and I pumped them up daily when they boarded the bus at 6:30AM.......it was pretty tough to sit curb side with a kid that got cut and trying to tell them that better days would be ahead...so I root for the underdog bud...........

.....I'm probably prejudiced, but I want ALL of the kids to make it which is obviously unrealistic.....I was temporarily living at a Cleveland Marriott after my late wife's double lung transplant only to lose her to an egregious hospital accident...ironically, this was the same hotel that the Browns used for minis, OTA's, tryouts, etc.....I was privileged to meet a ton of these guys and they were the best..as polite and honorable as you could imagine...everything was "yes sir..no sir" and I pumped them up daily when they boarded the bus at 6:30AM.......it was pretty tough to sit curb side with a kid that got cut and trying to tell them that better days would be ahead...so I root for the underdog bud...........

This is kind and honorable. Nice of you to pump them up in the midst of a pretty dark day yourself. That speaks volumes. Well done.

You just made me stop and think about how fortunate I am, thank you.

well done OTAFLG, you are a good guy...thumbsup.gif

....folks, I MOST certainly appreciate your kind words and well wishes in my prolonged troubled times...means a helluva lot........BUT....we're talking football here and not me.....my heart iies with these youngsters chasing their dream first and foremost.....love one or hate one, it's hard to root against them either way....these Cleveland kids I met were amazing.....and yes, Joe Thomas was poolside....he was my sun shade, a human eclipse.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....folks, I MOST certainly appreciate your kind words and well wishes in my prolonged troubled times...means a helluva lot........BUT....we're talking football here and not me.....my heart iies with these youngsters chasing their dream first and foremost.....love one or hate one, it's hard to root against them either way....these Cleveland kids I met were amazing.....and yes, Joe Thomas was poolside....he was my sun shade, a human eclipse.........

Sorry for the loss of your wife my friend.

Just finished watching the "All Or Nothing" of the Rams on Amazon last night. What a great job they do of humanizing the players and delivering that perspective.