Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

Wives seem to only make the call when it's the Bills trying to sign somebody. Ain't that interesting.

...they get their ways....Cowher's late wife said "no way" when RW was dangling 10 mil/yr for him to be HC......Drury's wife wanted out of Buffalo so bad, he signed as a UFA with Rangers versus signing again with Sabres per her "direction (COUGH)".....................

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We had a great visit," Beane said. "He is a great young man. Obviously a man of the year. They don't just hand those out. He is the type of character, type of person, type of man, type of football player -- he plays with a physicality -- those are the types of things that we see and know about him.

I love how Beane calls him a young man, but Beane is only three years older than him.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/07/27/learned-bills-camp-day-one/

Edited by Fingon

At this stage in his career, it is all about the $$$$. If they give him an offer he cannot refuse, the shores of Lake Erie will seem like South Beach....

he actually said it was not at all about money. He wanted to play for a contender, close to Fla. That may or may not be an option for him, but I don't see him just going to the highest bidder regardless of circumstance. Edited by YoloinOhio

At this stage in his career, it is all about the $$$$. If they give him an offer he cannot refuse, the shores of Lake Erie will seem like South Beach....

Pretty much the opposite. But good post.

Boldin still mulling over Bills offer. Sounds like there's more at play than just money -

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/7/26/15976540/anquan-boldin-still-mulling-buffalo-bills-offer-2017-nfl-free-agency

Ive been talking to teams the entire offseason, said Boldin, who will turn 37 in October. They understand the way that I train, and the fact that I train at XPE, any team that I go to knows that when I come [into camp] Im in top shape, and they dont have to worry it.

Working against the Bills are two things; location and pedigree. Boldins family is in Florida and he has expressed a desire to be closer to them. He also told The Florida Sun-Sentiel that he wanted to play for an established winner.

"Im going into year 15 so the only thing on my mind is winning. Ive earned enough money to take care of me, my family, and my kids kids, said Boldin last week. Ive won a championship [with the Ravens]. I know how that feels so I want to a taste of it again. I want to line up with a team thats in position to win right now.

I'd love for him to sign here, but it doesn't sound all that promising if he wants an established winner.

Boldin last seen outside Gillette Stadium holding a boom box over his head.

he actually said it was not at all about money. He wanted to play for a contender, close to Fla. That may or may not be an option for him, but I don't see him just going to the highest bidder regardless of circumstance.

You can believe what he is putting out in the media, but I don't buy it for a minute. He is in the final years of his career and already has a championship ring, so IMHO, he will go to a team that offers him the most cash.

I don't begrudge him for this at all, but I also hope we do not overpay for his services either.

From what I read, he's earned over $65 million over the last 14 seasons. He can afford to do what makes him happy. I'll take him for his word on this one. He can get by on what he has.

From what I read, he's earned over $65 million over the last 14 seasons. He can afford to do what makes him happy. I'll take him for his word on this one. He can get by on what he has.

Well when you younger and sign a contract worth millions most will go out a buy a house vehicle and any othet thing that they want. This is a chance to make sure him and his family to live comfortably from here on out.

Well when you younger and sign a contract worth millions most will go out a buy a house vehicle and any othet thing that they want. This is a chance to make sure him and his family to live comfortably from here on out.

Being a multimillionaire many times over isn't enough to live comfortably?

So you're saying he's lying about his financial situation and you know he needs the money for the hereafter - because of spending irresponsibly when he was young?

In listening, it sounds like we want one or both, but they'd prefer to be closely to home- both in Florida. Also that we're probably a little light on money as Kirb has indicated. Sounds like this will come to a head soon one way or the other for both. If equal money comes from a contender or team closer to Florida, we lose out. We have to pay the Buffalo premium to sign them now unless no other interest comes.