Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legs go quick, I agree his attitude would be a welcome addition to the WR meetings but I don't find it far fetched that a big bodied WR can drastically fall apart at that age.

Want a perfect example. Reggie Wayne put up 12.2 YPC and 779 yards in 2014. He didn't even finish TC the next season for the Pats if I remember correctly. He is almost 39 now so that would make his 2014 and 2015 timeframes the same age as Boldin. I don't think anyone is going to argue that Reggie avoided contact much more than Boldin and preserved his body.

Let's face it this Boldin move is two years too late and he wouldn't be much more than a tutor for the youngsters here.

Maybe, but a Boldin in his prime would never even have considered Buffalo. So it's obvious he isn't the same player, but I think he would have contributed for this roster.

Maybe, but a Boldin in his prime would never even have considered Buffalo. So it's obvious he isn't the same player, but I think he would have contributed for this roster.

Fair enough and until the Bills straighten things out and start winning regularly they are going to have to overpay for guys like Boldin and even then maybe so. I hope he can contribute here or somewhere else he is one of the more enjoyable players to watch. Still have vivid memories of that he took against the Jets while he was a Cardinal.

Edited by Commonsense

Fair enough and until the Bills straighten things out and start winning regularly they are going to have to overpay for guys like Boldin and even then maybe so. I hope he can contribute here or somewhere else he is one of the more enjoyable players to watch. Still have vivid memories of that he took against the Cardinals.

Very tough player, for sure.

Are you saying that you did not care for the Bills drafting both Zay Jones & Dion Dawkins?

Not a fan of trade ups in general, I'd rather let the draft fall to me. And I am 100% sure McDermott was calling the shots using Carolina's draft board.

But let's see what happens, Boldin hasn't even been counted out yet. I feel that with letting Gillislee go and the cap space we have there is no reason not to try and add some important veteran depth to our offense. I understand not wanting to go cap crazy like Whaley did, but we're starting to pull too hard in the other direction IMO.

Not a fan of trade ups in general, I'd rather let the draft fall to me. And I am 100% sure McDermott was calling the shots using Carolina's draft board.

But let's see what happens, Boldin hasn't even been counted out yet. I feel that with letting Gillislee go and the cap space we have there is no reason not to try and add some important veteran depth to our offense. I understand not wanting to go cap crazy like Whaley did, but we're starting to pull too hard in the other direction IMO.

I'm with you with the cap.

I don't know. Their WRs are suspect and they had a ton of injuries last year.

As always, I hope you're right. I feel like he will sit on the Bills offer for a bit. And Baltimore just has a rep of being a contender, especially with his past there.

Until it changes, we're the ugly friend you flirt with until you can talk to the hot one.

LAC go about 7 deep with legit receiving threats, not counting M Williams who I think will end up playing. Boldin would be their 5th best WR option, 6th with M Williams. Can't predict injuries but right now they don't have a spot for him. What they really need is some decent depth at RB. Edited by YoloinOhio

Boldin is waiting for this thread to break 100 pages, like Maclin.

Some are trying to make it longer like that is better rather than once with 90% fill by adding recipes.

If Boldin left without a contract, then it's highly unlikely that he'll sign with the Bills.

I think he was using Bills as leverage but fans always critical of front office will blame them.

I think Bills should tell free agents visiting the offer expires when you leave town so have you agent available.

Some are trying to make it longer like that is better rather than once with 90% fill by adding recipes.

I think he was using Bills as leverage but fans always critical of front office will blame them.

I think Bills should tell free agents visiting the offer expires when you leave town so have you agent available.

Gerald Hodges says........ :lol:

I'm so negative that I support Tyrod Taylor more than most of the posters, including you. 7-9 is the most negative-better wake up my friend.

The obligatory set the market up visit!?

I'm wide awake. I can't say 7-9 anymore than 10-6 or any other number you want to throw out there, that's why we watch the game.

I support TT as well as the other 52. they are the team I support. I know there are some here who feel it is their obligation to critique or worse, some players, coaches and fo and they may well warrant it but beating a dead horse is just that, beating a dead horse. the TT discussions have nearly reached EJ proportions. (thankful the off season is almost over) I was a big non supporter of the ryan boys. as for supporting more or less. you either do or you don't, some do, some don't. I do support TT and will look to this season to see if he goes forward with the team or is replaced by the future draft pick? I don't see him so bad that he would be replaced during the season, but then who am I to say what lies ahead? unknown/speculation

honestly I was referring to your negative post when speaking of how unimpressed you were/are of beane. that is your prerogative but pretty premature judgement call with only 3 months on the job? let him ride the carousel for what, a year, two, couple drafts? or you feel this past draft and possibly passing on yet another vet fa that may of wanted more than they wanted to give bad business? I need a couple years before I can give a good or bad, impressive or non impressive assessment of his body of work?

I look at things through a different perspective where judgement takes some time, at least in this case. there is a new season ahead with new coaching staff/players and a gm and just maybe they can meet a much higher expectation than some have foreseen here?

I know I'm looking forward to it, hopefully more positive results than negative, a winning season?

who knows?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Veteran minimum plus incentives perhaps as a beginning for negotiation just like a Beane counter would? With no other offers out there who knows if he'd consider something like that.

He may be wanting something the Bills will not guarantee like guaranteeing that he would be starter.

At this stage of his career and with nothing else on the table for him, that would be a pretty bold demand to make.

To be fair why not make the demand. He is 36, 14 years in the league, a leader on multiple teams.

14th yards all time

23 in tds

9th in receptions

If we pass then there is always the shot of some injury during preseason and he comes back to some team. Hes old enough where he doesnt have to play he just wants to if its the right spot

Edited by Mr Wild