"Tyrod is the Bills ____ best player?"

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he gets passed by brees soon, already passed by manning. Favre is no longer the all-time yard or TD guy. Is still the all-time sack/INT guy though!

3 MVPs from 95-97 is pretty awesome though.

He was good, no doubt about that.

I mean -

Shady for sure

Watkins if he plays

Dareus if he tries

Hughes if he's healthy

Maybe Cog, Lorax, KW? They're all 1 year older.

Never seen white or hyde play so i can't say. Darby had a lot of stinkers last year. Ragland and Lawson, who knows?

Looking at last year - Tyrod was probably our 2nd best player.

Good point... best is too nebulous. What if you're skilled but have no heart or talented but frail.

He's a top ten player on the team. I've never seen Sammy in a probowl jersey and a roookie that's never set foot on a field just can't count.

25,99, 64, 95(was, but Father Time..), 77, 57?(or just a one hit wonder) .... after that he's in the mix.

i just mean - as part of the Oline unit. I thought miller redeemed himself quite a bit last year. Mills is just a terrible pass protector.

I didn't think Miller was as bad as others in his rookie year and showed good growth in year 2. Mills is an average run blocker and a way below average pass protector.

Well, this should be interesting. After virtually the entire offseason of discussing one thing it's time to do that again (hopefully for the last time). There are a lot of differing opinions but we never really have talked about where he is as a Bills players.

For me he would be the 8th best player on the team. In no particular order the 7 ahead of him are (Shady, Sammy, Incognito, Kyle, Dareus, Dimarco, and Glenn). What do you think?

TT is number one in real value, to me, partially because he is the starting QB.

One could argue Shady is better, but his best years are behind him. Watkins can't even be considered until he puts a whole season together. An argument could be made for Incognito. Kyle is almost done and not what he used to be. Dareus has to remove his head from his butt to be considered. Dimarco? Glenn is okay, but not much more.

Glenn is okay, but not much more.

He is so much more than okay. He might be the most underrated Bill on the team going by this forum. Now that Gilmore is gone Glenn is probably the one Bill who when all is said and done age and everything else there would be an absolute scrum for if he became available. He is underapreciated here.

Well, this should be interesting. After virtually the entire offseason of discussing one thing it's time to do that again (hopefully for the last time). There are a lot of differing opinions but we never really have talked about where he is as a Bills players.

For me he would be the 8th best player on the team. In no particular order the 7 ahead of him are (Shady, Sammy, Incognito, Kyle, Dareus, Dimarco, and Glenn). What do you think?

Very interesting - I think that is about right. I think there are 6-7 guys in the top two tiers and you hit on them. They are definitely better at their position than TT is at his.

I think the third tier is filled with players you could juggle in many orders depending on what you want - guys like Taylor, Hughes, Hyde, Clay, Wood, Lorax, etc. so to me TT is in a group of guys between 8-15 on the roster and depending upon what you want to argue it could go any way.

Then you start to hit the lower tiers and the unknowns- Ragland, Lawson (both of whom could move up if they have good years), Darby, Brown, and rookies like Jones and White.

Most rational people seem to agree around late-top 10. Haters have shown themselves.....as irrational.

That's not real fair as I have not seen many including myself that do not think TT is good enough - disagree with the position. I did see a couple of guys that argue on TT behalf- joke about him being at the bottom, but no one being serious.

The question becomes (and we will see how the year plays out) is your starting QB being around the 10th best player on your team good enough or not. Considering that he has to handle the ball on every offense play - I want that guy to be one of my top players on offense and most seem to agree he is somewhere around 5-6 best player on offense - in a group with Clay, DiMarco, and Wood - Behind guys like Sammy, Shady, Incognito, And Glenn at least.

Sammy, shady, Glenn, incognito, dareus, Kyle, Hughes

Then I think you get into a mess of clay, TT, dimarco, Hyde, Darby and maybe wood who could shuffle around depending on how you define the rating system

Then you get promising rookies, plus Shaq, Ragland and good depth like lorax

Edited by NoSaint

That's not real fair as I have not seen many including myself that do not think TT is good enough - disagree with the position. I did see a couple of guys that argue on TT behalf- joke about him being at the bottom, but no one being serious.

Oh no, some of them are true haters. It doesn't matter of they really believe he's #90, they can't accept that he is even top 25 on the team. I'm not trying to be extreme, but just reporting from experience. I think he's middle of the pack as an NFL starter. I'm not delusional. That hate is strong in some..... (This is not purely from this thread, but from years of bashing.)

McCoy may not be the best player on this team but he's the most important since we gave Gilleslee to our parent team and have circumstantial back-up at RB at best.

McCoy is our only elite player at this point imo. Yes, our line was great last year, but McCoy makes moves that no one in the NFL can make. He might not be the best rb in football, but he's definitely top 5 (don't believe fantasy mock drafts, shady is top 5 rb).

Sammy might be one.....if he's ever healthy. Marcel might be one.....again.....if he screws his head on straight. Ritchie is the only other player one could regard as elite......and he plays guard.

i would take off Dimarco put Hughes in... i am really hoping we can add one of tredavious white or ron darby. and one ragland or hodges to the list. so i would just blindly put him around 10. If he started to find Charles Clay i would pit him there too... but thats chicken or the egg... i am a tyrod hater on this board but that is only until he shows he can throw over the middle and hit the assets we have. i just dont see it. I want him to make me a believer.

Long winded 10 or 11.

i would take off Dimarco put Hughes in... i am really hoping we can add one of tredavious white ron or darby. and one ragland or hodges to the list. so i would just blindly put him around 10. If he started to find Charles Clay i would pit him there too... but thats chicken or the egg... i am a tyrod hater on this board but that is only until he shows he can throw over the middle and hit the assets we have. i just dont see it. I want him to make me a believer.

Long winded 10 or 11.

Edited by Agent 91

I mean -

Shady for sure

Watkins if he plays

Dareus if he tries

Hughes if he's healthy

Maybe Cog, Lorax, KW? They're all 1 year older.

Never seen white or hyde play so i can't say. Darby had a lot of stinkers last year. Ragland and Lawson, who knows?

Looking at last year - Tyrod was probably our 2nd best player.

Lawson!!!! forgot his potential addition.

I will take the analytics/replacement value approach. Instead of comparing him to all the players, I ranked based on replacement value or the gap between the player and his back-up. I have Hyde much higher than others because the drop off from him to his back-up is from starter level to near practice squad level. Sammy is an elite talent with no comparison on the team. Again the drop-off from TT to any other QB on the roster is no less than 8 wins.

1. Sammy

2. TT

3. McCoy

4. Hyde

5. Incognito

6. Hughes

7. Dareus

8. Kyle

9. White

10. Glenn