Zeke Elliott suspended for 6 games. For real this time!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me i wouldnt change where i would pick elliot. i'd just pick up whomever wins the battle between mcfadden and morris a bit earlier than expected as his handcuff.... either will fill in and get borderline top 10 production i think. DMC was a top 5 rusher in the league behind that line 2 years ago.

for me i wouldnt change where i would pick elliot. i'd just pick up whomever wins the battle between mcfadden and morris a bit earlier than expected as his handcuff.... either will fill in and get borderline top 10 production i think. DMC was a top 5 rusher in the league behind that line 2 years ago.

i agree on where he will be picked. I had the #3 pick in my draft last year and took him, would do it again this year. But need to make sure you either take his backup at some point, or take another RB relatively high if you do take him. They predict 2-4 games.

i agree on where he will be picked. I had the #3 pick in my draft last year and took him, would do it again this year. But need to make sure you either take his backup at some point, or take another RB relatively high if you do take him. They predict 2-4 games.

totally agree. i used the same philosophy with bell last year and it worked out great.... i took him 4th(he slipped becuz people were scared off) and then i just went about drafting rb's and wr's and just pulled the trigger on williams early. i wanna say it was the 6th round. worked out great.

i would do the exact same thing in this situation.

Tough call in a one keeper league. The league champ has Zeke and AB. Hoping he lets Zeke go so I can win some fantasy loot this year, I'm to WR heavy.

I'd still take Elliott if Bell and Johnson are off of the board. I see him as #3 behind those two guys. A guy I think people will sleep on who will have a productive year is Paul Perkins, NY Giants. Jennings is gone and he is clearly their lead guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 1,100-1,200 yards and 10 TD's.

totally agree. i used the same philosophy with bell last year and it worked out great.... i took him 4th(he slipped becuz people were scared off) and then i just went about drafting rb's and wr's and just pulled the trigger on williams early. i wanna say it was the 6th round. worked out great.

i would do the exact same thing in this situation.

Yea I managed to get Bell in the late first / early in the 2nd in two leagues last year and he won me matchups single handed down the stretch. You just have to maybe be a bit more willing to take an extra RB early to back him up.

IMO we should find a way to organize a 10 team TBD league I'm not sure how you can distribute/collect the funds without involving drama though. That would be a hoot. I'd take down those two Brits we have hanging around here!

On 3 occasions last season, my fantasy team had more points on the bench than in my starting lineup. I don't need anyone else to beat me :D

Agree! Elloit is top top tier. But don't over spend for his backup. It's essentially a wasted drafted pick because both McFadden and Morris are useless on a good fantasy team, and someone in your league will take the guy too early....don't be that person.

Me too! And I won the thing :D It's all a crap shoot though. Luck (sometimes Andrew) is 50% of it.

I will be interested to see the extent of his involvement in the bar incident. He's a regular at Social in CBus and always has two giant security guards with him

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/espn-ezekiel-elliott-in-incident-at-dallas-bar-per-source

Someone on Twitter (I won't post the link due to a racial slur in the tweet) said they saw Zeke "lay someone out".

Supposedly the DJ at the club.

Someone on Twitter (I won't post the link due to a racial slur in the tweet) said they saw Zeke "lay someone out".

Supposedly the DJ at the club.

well he is a great blocker. I could see that.

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2017/7/17/15981510/ohio-state-nfl-news-ezekiel-elliott-reportedly-involved-dallas-bar-incident

According to CBS Philly, Fisher reported Monday on 105.3 The Fan, the NFL will take a look at, these are exact words from a source accumulative nature of Zekee behavior.'

Jerry is making it rain on the DPD.

he's always been a great philanthropist!

Supposedly he broke the guy's nose. I assume whatever he did, if true, is on video and the owner is shopping it to tmz, ESPN, etc. It will eventually be released.

The key to winning your fantasy league is the same as it is for an NFL team: gotta be relatively healthy at the end of the season or you are toast.

Small suspensions early on are meaningless in the big picture. Take zeke where you normally would.

In other news, he seems like a nice kid in interviews but its looking like he might have a little thug in him.

The key to winning your fantasy league is the same as it is for an NFL team: gotta be relatively healthy at the end of the season or you are toast.

Small suspensions early on are meaningless in the big picture. Take zeke where you normally would.

In other news, he seems like a nice kid in interviews but its looking like he might have a little thug in him.

i don't know about the thug life but he's a moron and loves to party. Good player though.

Suspension would also cost Elliott financially

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4760464/a-suspension-would-cost-ezekiel-elliott-financially-too

Elliott, who according to a report was involved in a late-night incident at a Dallas bar Sunday, signed a four-year deal worth a fully guaranteed $24.956 million last year as the fourth overall pick in the draft. He received a signing bonus of $16.350 million and received the final deferred installment of the bonus in March.

If he is suspended, the guarantees on the contract will void and he will have to pay back some of the already-earned signing-bonus money.

@corryjoel

Any suspension by the Cowboys or NFL will void $8,156,274 of salary guarantees in Ezekiel Elliott's 2017 through 2019 contract years.

Actual language in Ezekiel Elliott's contract says if player is in default, guarantee shall immediately be deemed null and void.

@profootballtalk

Report: Dallas PD likely suspending assault case involving Ezekiel Elliotthttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/19/report-dallas-pd-likely-suspending-assault-case-involving-ezekiel-elliott/

Rebecca Lopez of WFAA reports that the investigation will likely be suspended because the police have not been able to find the alleged victim in the case. Per Lopez, the victim gave officers an old address and an incorrect phone number at the time. Other witnesses are reportedly also not cooperating with law enforcement attempts to look into the case

...absolutely mind boggling how stuff like this happens when you have the financial world at your beckon call and knowing that Goodell is judge, jury and executioner when it comes to indiscretions....sure makes that collegiate "education and degree (COUGH)" look invaluable.....maybe signing your pro contract with an "x" should be a clue.....pretty sad commentary for these kids.........

...absolutely mind boggling how stuff like this happens when you have the financial world at your beckon call and knowing that Goodell is judge, jury and executioner when it comes to indiscretions....sure makes that collegiate "education and degree (COUGH)" look invaluable.....maybe signing your pro contract with an "x" should be a clue.....pretty sad commentary for these kids.........

he doesn't have a degree but he's very smart - 34 on the wonderlic. He has a high football IQ as well. But he's simply not street smart and makes poor decisions. And unfortunately he's not a nice guy. Maybe he used to be, but he isn't anymore.