It's Reggie Ragland time!!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's going to be a fantastic linebacker. I wouldn't have been upset if the Bills took him in the first over Lawson. He was about 3 people I thought the Bills would have gotten in the 1st. I didn't think Lawson would be there so getting him and Ragland last year was awesome.

Ragland is a football player. You can't teach IQ and that's what he has.

We ALL hope and pray that you're right about Reggie. I've always said that the keys on both sides of the ball run right up the middle of your roster. Offensive Line and Quarterback on offense. Defensive Tackles and Middle Linebacker on defense. The Bills could use a highly productive MLB. It's been what seems like an eternity!

Its been stated in other threads that he is slow, and a "throwback" type player. Just to clear it up, his speed, while not blazing, is on par with many other good lbers. And to be deemed useless because he considers himself a "throwback" is laughable! Isn't that a GOOD thing? Fact is, he's a beast. A tackling machine, with a nasty streak, high motor, and selflessness that only throwbacks have. Coupled with natural instincts, and an ability to scrape and shed blockers, tells me he will never be as bad as some claim he will. Looking forward to seeing him lay out ballcarriers this year, and in future years. Go Bills!

Edited by BuffAlone

Don't be sleepin' on this guy. He's a first round talent if you ask me.

Since Ragland missed all of last year with an ACL tear it's just like we got an extra R1 pick this year.

Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bzn7AN9k1s.

As an Alabama fan I love that we have him, but these type of videos are very misleading. This was titled "Hardest Hitting LB in College Football Reggie Ragland, the next video in the queue is also titled "Ruben Foster Hardest Hitting Linebacker" Watching this video makes him look like he can make every play, but then watch an equivalent video of the misses he had and you walk away feeling like he can't make any plays. (I can tell you first hand I've seen a few missed tackles from him, watch the 2016 National Championship game, the first one against Clemson that "Bama won. He missed a few in that game.) I hope he is a star but I don't know if that is a given right now.

The point that you're missing is that Ragland is an impact player. Is he going to miss some tackles?? yep, probably.

But because he loves to hit and hit hard he intimidates other players. He causes turnovers. He doesn't just make tackles. He tries to break people in half. He tries to break their will to play the game.

I thought he was a real standout player for Alabama, even amongst the many stud players that they have (and that is hard to do). He was the Captain of that 2015 Alabama team, which should tell you something.

He is supremely confident, aggressive, fearless, and very talented.

The point that you're missing is that Ragland is an impact player. Is he going to miss some tackles?? yep, probably.

But because he loves to hit and hit hard he intimidates other players. He causes turnovers. He doesn't just make tackles. He tries to break people in half. He tries to break their will to play the game.

I thought he was a real standout player for Alabama, even amongst the many stud players that they have (and that is hard to do). He was the Captain of that 2015 Alabama team, which should tell you something.

He is supremely confident, aggressive, fearless, and very talented.

What is Reggie's dad doing posting here?

To the point, your opinion is based on what? A youtube video? Or just the natural off-season fantasy that an unknown factor will work out.

He's never played a NFL down, is learning a new scheme and one that requires LBs to cover and run well. He's not a Thomas Davis type and it's not a guarantee he fits in McD's defense.

Not to mention, the new coaching staff owes him nothing, 2nd round pick or not.

To the point, your opinion is based on what? A youtube video? Or just the natural off-season fantasy that an unknown factor will work out.

He's never played a NFL down, is learning a new scheme and one that requires LBs to cover and run well. He's not a Thomas Davis type and it's not a guarantee he fits in McD's defense.

He's not going to be our Thomas Davis type. That is Lorax....he will play the Thomas Davis role with us.

McDermott also has strengths in adjusting to the players (supposedly)....and not just being stubborn with scheme. We will see.

If you know anything about College Football, you should know that to start on Defense at Alabama for at least two years you have to be a dam good athlete and a dam good football player. While that does not always equate into being a top NFL player, I like the pedigree and what that stands for, and his chances of at least being a very good if not great player in the pros.

Look our Bills sucked vs the run the last 2 seasons, if not but one year, over the last decade, so the hope is he is the one game changing run stopper we have lacked for now over a decade - You can at least undertsand the hype

But yes until he steps on that field and performs, he is just another rookie project, but the one potential new player that could be the difference this year between winning 6 and or 9 games plus, clearly a new top performing MLB is a big key to turning around this D and this football team, just as easily if he is no better than Preston Brown, just another draft pick we traded up for that underperforms, it could go either way, just like the 2017 season...

jc

BillsVet,

All you have to do is watch him play. He was considered to be a R1 pick, even a top 3 pick at one time.

He plays the game with more aggression than most players. He has the pedigree.

Besides, my son, I mean Reggie is just a great kid.

He's definitely something to get excited about if you're a true Bills fan.