Darnold might stay in school for 2 more years

Brady and Rodgers also have good rosters. The Colts have had a bottom 3 NFL roster in regards to talent....specifically their offensive line.

The point of this thread is that some people think getting a bottom 3 NFL roster will get you the top pick in the draft and then you can take Luck....or Darnold.....and all will be saved. Luck saved nothing so I'm convinced the Jets were that smart to tank whether Darnold stays in school or declares.

Again, there is a time and a place for Andrew Luck excuses. This is the Darnold thread.

Edited by 4merper4mer

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of this thread is that some people think getting a bottom 3 NFL roster will get you the top pick in the draft and then you can take Luck....or Darnold.....and all will be saved. Luck saved nothing so I'm convinced the Jets were that smart to tank whether Darnold stays in school or declares.

Again, there is a time and a place for Andrew Luck excuses. This is the Darnold thread.

Are you going to start up a 2017 excuse thread for Luck?

Seriously...I guess people just need stuff to talk about for a few more weeks...

Everyone, including Jeremiah, knows full well if Darnold is going to be a top 5 pick he's as good as gone...

If he does not live up to the hype then sure, maybe he'll stay... B-)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Luke Falk falls to our first pick...

Falk has completed almost 70% (69.7%) of his last 1277 attempts...

I don't care what system he plays in...That is freaking impressive...If he goes for 70% again this year that will be some seriously amazing consistency in completion percentage... B-)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Luke Falk falls to our first pick...

This is my guy as well.

Falk has completed almost 70% (69.7%) of his last 1277 attempts...

I don't care what system he plays in...That is freaking impressive...If he goes for 70% again this year that will be some seriously amazing consistency in completion percentage... B-)

I'm on the Falk bandwagon too. However, I do not see him being a Week 1 starter as a rookie.

I would rather see him holding a clipboard for a year, and have him watch and learn.

Are you going to start up a 2017 excuse thread for Luck?

Probably in September. My hope is that it will consolidate the excuses so we don't have to read them in every other thread. This thread is about Darnold and I get that there are obvious parallels with the possible Jet tank. It isn't Luck's fault that everyone called him the next big thing and he turned out average. i don't doubt he is trying and he seems like a really good dude. He just isn't that good.

Darnold could be anything from a superstar to and average guy to a cocky jerk who is a bad player. There is no sense comparing him to Luck on the field but there is an obvious comparison in draft circumstances. Pardon me if I don't see the scouts in the NFL as infallible. We need look no further than our own team. You can read on this very board that Peterman is weak armed but with good accuracy. This fits the profile of both Montana and Brady....therefore GOAT.

Edited by 4merper4mer

If Darnold is in the Heisman discussion and USC is playing well, he will basically be the football king of LA. While I personally would immediately get to the pros ASAP as to not risk injury or having a down year, I can totally see why he'd stay in school.

Would you trade ruling LA for being grilled by the NYC media for the next decade?

Brady and Rodgers also have good rosters. The Colts have had a bottom 3 NFL roster in regards to talent....specifically their offensive line.

If each team could pick one player presently playing in the NFL, more than anyone else, Luck would be the pick. imo

Agreed... and since he's a consensus #1 pick already, apparently... he only stands to eff it up. Why not declare and take that pay day??

Fellow USC grad Matt Barkley likely wishes he left after Jr year instead of watching his draft stock tumble to the 4th round.

If each team could pick one player presently playing in the NFL, more than anyone else, Luck would be the pick. imo

Because of all the playoff interceptions, the 2017 4th down chokes, his inability to surpass the vaunted Houston Texans or his current inability to throw after his surgery?

Colts also play in a weak division.

Exactly. So you'd think the team with Luck would dominate. All l read here is how a franchise QB solves all your problems. Are you telling me now that you also need a good team around him too?

Exactly. So you'd think the team with Luck would dominate. All l read here is how a franchise QB solves all your problems. Are you telling me now that you also need a good team around him too?

Archie Manning and Jim Plunkett know firsthand how much that is not the case.

This is a great point. Only thing I would say is the franchise QB is the toughest to find of all the positions. Get one and then you can add the other pieces a little easier.

Colts also play in a weak division.

They do....so did Brady most of his career.

The Bills, Jets and Dolphins haven't been consistently good since 2000.

We've had 9 head coaches since then. 2 interim.

Dolphins had 9 since then. 3 interim.

Jets have had 5.

The QB just makes things easier.

Not having a franchise QB is like playing chess without your Queen. You can still win but it's going to be much harder.

There's a reason why consistent playoff teams generally have a franchise QB.

Edited by Teeflebees

it'd be great to see the chiefs just have a terrible year and we end up with the top pick plus still have our pick at 32 to add talent! along with trading tyrod for a mid round first pick. I should be gm...it's so easy

it'd be great to see the chiefs just have a terrible year and we end up with the top pick plus still have our pick at 32 to add talent! along with trading tyrod for a mid round first pick. I should be gm...it's so easy

I'll be following the Chiefs all season. I am not a guy that wants to see players get hurt but if Alex Smith does....I might do a small internal cheer.