Report: 24 yr old LB Zach Orr to come out of retirement

Is it weird that he's right?

That was the funniest thing about the uproar. We all know he's right. All the reporters bashing him know he was right.

Speaking the dirty secret that everyone knows was condemnable though.

I think it goes hand in hand with my last question- a lot of posters draw a bright line the second they here whisper of any increased risk; without knowing even a tiny bit about the medical file or the differential in risk.... but think an average person is fine (or will call guys like Sammy soft). It feels like there is some serious effort for a lot of fans trying to come to terms with themselves being fine watching guys beat the hell out of themselves on Sunday. A certain level of "it's a tough sport for tough people, but I'm compassionate! I swear!"

If the guys doctor clears him, he wants to play, and your doctors give him a genuine clearance after a thorough physical... who am I to tell him what he can and can't do? Every one of the 53 players is taking a calculated risk for our entertainment

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I'm not all that big on Orr

Not that PFF ratings are the end all and be all but he was rated very very poorly vs the run last year

I'll take the run stuffing potential of Ragland over Orr today and twice on Sunday

And I'll note Hodges PFF run rating was very very high

So for the poster here who said Orr could be HC Sean Kuchley's

Uh no, please note Luke's PFF run rating was double that of Orr's, lol

Yeah, no thanks...

jc

Exactly right. Maybe he's ok in coverage, but he is horrendous vs the run.Also, Hodges' grade was double that of Orr in run, and still higher vs the pass. I see not much value in him unless its for depth at a very affordable price... Add in the injury concerns, and I'd pass. If we need(we do) depth at lb, just wait till cuts come along and find someone that way Edited by BuffAlone

Exactly right. Maybe he's ok in coverage, but he is horrendous vs the run.Also, Hodges' grade was double that of Orr in run, and still higher vs the pass. I see not much value in him unless its for depth at a very affordable price... Add in the injury concerns, and I'd pass. If we need(we do) depth at lb, just wait till cuts come along and find someone that way

why does it need to be a and/or scenario with Hodges.....coverage linebacker's in sub packages can be useful.....why not both?

why does it need to be a and/or scenario with Hodges.....coverage linebacker's in sub packages can be useful.....why not both?

Not saying he wouldn't useful in sub packages either. After all, we do face Brady's short attack twice every year. My point is, that's about all he'd be good for. Add in the injury risk, and it better be for cheap. Wasn't trying to imply an either/ or scenario.

It should be noted, we TRADED up, to acquire our current MLB, who in college was a stud vs the run

True he has yet to play a down in the NFL

However relegatting him to a backup role to instead play a guy who has been outta football for a year

And who was very poor vs the run, is sorry, plain crazy

That would be like going out and signing Brian Harttine and sitting down Jay Zones

You don't trade up to draft these players to sit them on the bench

jc

It should be noted, we TRADED up, to acquire our current MLB, who in college was a stud vs the run

True he has yet to play a down in the NFL

However relegatting him to a backup role to instead play a guy who has been outta football for a year

And who was very poor vs the run, is sorry, plain crazy

That would be like going out and signing Brian Harttine and sitting down Jay Zones

You don't trade up to draft these players to sit them on the bench

jc

To be fair a different scouting staff for a different gm that made the pick trying to fill the roster for a different coach running a different scheme selected the guy that was trade up for on day 2 and missed a year and never stopped a single NFL running back.

I'm not banking on us getting Orr but I feel like you framed that one up a bit one sided in presentation to make your point.

The Bills would be wise to make an offer, but I see him signing with the Giants, or the Raiders. Maybe the Saints or Colts, but they would be in the same boat as the Bills. A young guy like this would most likely jump on a contending squad.

I think he might be swayed by money more than anything else. He hasn't had a big contract and his medical condition would more than likely have him chasing as much money as possible. So I think he could be had if the price was right. The defense could use an upgrade at LB and the scheme values linebackers. I wouldn't hate the move at all.

To be fair a different scouting staff for a different gm that made the pick trying to fill the roster for a different coach running a different scheme selected the guy that was trade up for on day 2 and missed a year and never stopped a single NFL running back.

I'm not banking on us getting Orr but I feel like you framed that one up a bit one sided in presentation to make your point.

Also fair to point out that it was Rex that traded up for Ragland. So, well......

Also fair to point out that it was Rex that traded up for Ragland. So, well......

I love when people make assertions about head coaches (not named Belichick, Ried, or Carroll) making the final call on major personnel decisions. Like lard $&@ Rex Ryan was actually working the phones in the war room that day. Get real.

I love when people make assertions about head coaches (not named Belichick, Ried, or Carroll) making the final call on major personnel decisions. Like lard $&@ Rex Ryan was actually working the phones in the war room that day. Get real.

Come on dude you don't think Rex wanted Ragland? Really?

I think rex absolutely wanted Ragland....and I think that McDermott also loves RR

Football players are football players....and RR is a beast

I think rex absolutely wanted Ragland....and I think that McDermott also loves RR

Football players are football players....and RR is a beast

Now if we only could remember where we put that time machine we'd have the next Dick Butkus.