Report: 24 yr old LB Zach Orr to come out of retirement

The suburbs are nice. And sadly, they are like the Pats compared to us.

Again, I would love to be wrong. But money + winning trumiphs all and we don't have the winning.

I don't agree in this case. Money will trump all. It's very possible that he doesn't step on the field or the condition worsens after the year. He is a young guy that was an UDFA. He's not in position to pass on money. Other guys can do that. David West declined his $12M option to chase a ring. That's because he already had made $88M. Zach Orr has made $1.8M.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are like the Pats compared to the Bills? 🤔 I'm confused by this comment but ... yes I'm sure they have some nice suburbs, as does every city.

Franchise qb and been to the playoffs multiple times this decade. Yes, we are below the Lions as a franchise.

I don't agree in this case. Money will trump all. It's very possible that he doesn't step on the field or the condition worsens after the year. He is a young guy that was an UDFA. He's not in position to pass on money. Other guys can do that. David West declined his $12M option to chase a ring. That's because he already had made $88M. Zach Orr has made $1.8M.

i agree. And there is only one team that you can virtually guarantee SB contention and that's NE. Otherwise, he will try to win wherever he is but don't think it will matter as to where he signs. He would be happy to play for the Jets or Browns if they give him a chance, a starting job, and a big payday.

Good point. Each team has a different physical, correct?

Franchise qb and been to the playoffs multiple times this decade. Yes, we are below the Lions as a franchise.

That's exciting for them - how are they like the Pats? They made the playoffs three times since 1999 and no wins. Two with Stafford. Edited by YoloinOhio

i agree. And there is only one team that you can virtually guarantee SB contention and that's NE. Otherwise, he will try to win wherever he is but don't think it will matter as to where he signs. He would be happy to play for the Jets or Browns if they give him a chance, a starting job, and a big payday.

I promise the team's record is irrelevant in this case. The total contract value may not even matter. The guaranteed money is it. He's going to try to turn that $1.8m into $8-$10m by the end of the year (at worst).

Good point. Each team has a different physical, correct?

Yep, I'm guessing some of these teams that he visits won't clear him. That has to be the 1st step.

Would you rather be the Bills or Lions? They at least ha e a glimmer of hope to play in a SB.

The gap between the Lions and the Bills is the same as the Pats? That's what you said... I never contended that they weren't somewhat ahead of them due to the QB. I believe that they are, but I don't think they are definitely a contender. They don't have a strong history of winning or making the playoffs. Last two seasons were 9-7 and 7-9. They are an average team who might squeak in. Edited by YoloinOhio

The gap between the Lions and the Bills is the same as the Pats? That's what you said... I never contended that they weren't somewhat ahead of them due to the QB.

I guess I used hyperbole! But the playoffs are like the Grand Canyon for the Bills right now. And after 17 years, I am envious of any team that can reach them, multiple times even!

I promise the team's record is irrelevant in this case. The total contract value may not even matter. The guaranteed money is it. He's going to try to turn that $1.8m into $8-$10m by the end of the year (at worst).

Yep, I'm guessing some of these teams that he visits won't clear him. That has to be the 1st step.

I think you're exactly correct about this. I'd guess that how like a team is to compete for the Lombardi is NOT what's on his mind.

These guys spend most of their lives, from 12 year old on, working to make it the NFL. They do it for the love the competition, but as they get to college they also do it for the money. They recognize that this is the only opportunity they're likely ever going have to make some significant money, if not to support them for the rest of lives, at least to give themselves a significant cushion.

In Orr's case, I'd guess the money is at least as important as the competition. He's going to take the deal that gives him the most guaranteed money, because he has to recognize that his injury may recur; in other words, this contract may be his last NFL contract. The quality of the team will be a concern only if the team really appears to be dysfunctional, like the Browns. McDermott, Frazier and Beane do not at all give the impression that they are dysfunctional.

I think he'll go to the team that's willing to make the biggest bet on him.

Would you rather be the Bills or Lions? They at least ha e a glimmer of hope to play in a SB.

Frankly, I'd rather be the Bills. I'm not a big Stafford fan, and I think that Taylor may surprise a lot of people this year. But put that aside. Take it as a given that Lions have a better QB.

PFF apparently ranks their roster in the bottom five in the league. I put little stock in those rankings, but if PFF thinks they're in the bottom five, it's a good better the roster is at least in the bottom half. I think the Bills roster is average or a little above average, but in any case it isn't any worse than the Lions.

Then you look at coaches. Caldwell isn't dynamic and hasn't won much, despite having Peyton Manning as his QB for two of the six years he's been a head coach and Matt Stafford for three more. Got badly outplayed by the Saints in the Super Bowl and lost in the first round of the playoffs three times. Bills have a dynamic head coach who's clearly a good salesman, and veteran offensive and defensive coordinators.

I think I'd consider the Bills to be the better opportunity. Not by a lot, and likely to be winning the Super Bowl, but better.

The gap between the Lions and the Bills is the same as the Pats? That's what you said... I never contended that they weren't somewhat ahead of them due to the QB. I believe that they are, but I don't think they are definitely a contender. They don't have a strong history of winning or making the playoffs. Last two seasons were 9-7 and 7-9. They are an average team who might squeak in.

Bills beat them in Detroit in 2014. Stafford would be nice, but the Bills still need a lot of talent added other than QB to be a contender.

Long time reader, first time poster.

My little birdie tells me Zach Orr will be coming to Buffalo for a visit. Not sure of the day yet, but he will be coming. He's just looking to play

Edited by Dougy84

False

Agreed. If you put any of the top 10 QBs in the league in the Bills I believe we are a SB contender. We may not beat the Pats, but we're a contender. The falcons don't have THAT much more talent than us. They have a stud QB and similar pieces

Agreed. If you put any of the top 10 QBs in the league in the Bills I believe we are a SB contender. We may not beat the Pats, but we're a contender. The falcons don't have THAT much more talent than us. They have a stud QB and similar pieces

Oh my gosh. The Falcons don't have that much more talent than us. Really? That PFF ranking has them at number three with overall talent, depth, etc and the Bills are ranked 27.

I think that the Bills have less talent than the last few years. I'm of the belief that they were a playoff team (maybe both of the last 2 years) with someone other than Rex pulling the strings. I don't know if that's the case now. I worry about the depth. If Tyrod, Sammy, McCoy, Clay, Glenn, Hughes or Hyde go down it is crippling. Those are good NFL players with CFL players behind them.