Report: 24 yr old LB Zach Orr to come out of retirement

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think the opposite. If his career is in serious doubt he's going to grab as much as he can.

Like I said, could go both ways. He is definitely not going to sign with the Browns, Rams, or Chargers. He has the opportunity to cash in and play for a contender. More money will definitely be the deciding factor though.

Just dont led Shady recruit him......kiss of death

Shareece Wright this time around

Fwiw if you Twitter search "Zach Orr Bills" you get this ... lol

#Bills go 3 and out, and lose yards on last two plays. Two big hits by CB Shareece Wright, and one by LB Zach Orr. #RavensTalk

Edited by YoloinOhio

Like I said, could go both ways. He is definitely not going to sign with the Browns, Rams, or Chargers. He has the opportunity to cash in and play for a contender. More money will definitely be the deciding factor though.

I could certainly see him going to Cleveland with the space that they still have. I'd bet anything money is the only factor. Your earning potential stops when your career ends and it's already flashed before this guy. An NFL player will make as much in 3 years as a "regular person" would in like 50 years. He's an undrafted guy that may only play 1 year (or less). He's not going to take $5M from a contender if he can get $7M from a bad team. Those $2M he may never get back. He has to look at this as his last chance. Whether or not that holds true can change but he certainly can't plan on it.

Having not seen a game featuring Ragland in the NFL everyone speculates.

My belief is ragland is Brandon spikes, possible better latterly. But even that won't justify a lot of benefit down the stretch.

I expect he will be a bill for his rookie deal. Maybe a tender after that but be done in 5-7 years at the most similar to spikes.

He's good if you want a package lb to play mike in a 43 run coverage and shift your mike to jack in a 34 run heavy scheme.

But he is jag by my prognosis and I hope in wrong.

But hey, its a lot easier to flame an idea than it is to create one. Some need to realize that and stick to other people's work. So, I'll take my opinions and wait

I could certainly see him going to Cleveland with the space that they still have. I'd bet anything money is the only factor. Your earning potential stops when your career ends and it's already flashed before this guy. An NFL player will make as much in 3 years as a "regular person" would in like 50 years. He's an undrafted guy that may only play 1 year (or less). He's not going to take $5M from a contender if he can get $7M from a bad team. Those $2M he may never get back. He has to look at this as his last chance. Whether or not that holds true can change but he certainly can't plan on it.

Yeah, you are most certainly right when it comes to cap space and willingness to overpay. Will he sign with them? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, you are most certainly right when it comes to cap space and willingness to overpay. Will he sign with them? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

This guy will talk to everyone I would imagine. There are supposedly 8 teams interested. If I were his agent it would be a pretty easy. I would have every team clear him at the beginning of the visit. I'd take every visit, collect offers and the most guaranteed money with the fewest stipulations wins. That wouldn't always be my approach but for a young UDFA with a career threatening injury I don't see another option. You can't pay your mortgage with playoff appearances.

Having not seen a game featuring Ragland in the NFL everyone speculates.

My belief is ragland is Brandon spikes, possible better latterly. But even that won't justify a lot of benefit down the stretch.

I expect he will be a bill for his rookie deal. Maybe a tender after that but be done in 5-7 years at the most similar to spikes.

He's good if you want a package lb to play mike in a 43 run coverage and shift your mike to jack in a 34 run heavy scheme.

But he is jag by my prognosis and I hope in wrong.

But hey, its a lot easier to flame an idea than it is to create one. Some need to realize that and stick to other people's work. So, I'll take my opinions and wait

Reggie JAGland?

I refuse to believe any other NFL linebacker could possibly be as bad at covering and as stout at the run as Brandon Spikes. Although 1 dimensional- he had a knack for meeting RBs in the hole with some lumber.

It would be dream but they are Siberia to the rest of the NFL. We aren't the Browns but we're the next step up.

i don't get this line of thinking - if they pay him the most gtd money I doubt he cares about the weather or trying to make sure he is going to the SB. I mean he's visiting Detroit... they *might* be a playoff contender but they are no sure thing by any means. And it's probably the worst city I've ever been to. Sorry for anyone who lives there. Edited by YoloinOhio

i don't get this line of thinking - if they pay him the most gtd money I doubt he cares about the weather or trying to make sure he is going to the SB. I mean he's visiting Detroit... they *might* be a playoff contender but they are no sure thing by any means. And it's probably the worst city I've ever been to. Sorry for anyone who lives there.

The suburbs are nice. And sadly, they are like the Pats compared to us.

Again, I would love to be wrong. But money + winning trumiphs all and we don't have the winning.

The suburbs are nice. And sadly, they are like the Pats compared to us.

Again, I would love to be wrong. But money + winning trumiphs all and we don't have the winning.

they are like the Pats compared to the Bills? 🤔 I'm confused by this comment but ... yes I'm sure they have some nice suburbs, as does every city. Edited by YoloinOhio